Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Help:] Debugging Mod with VS Code (outdated Unity debugger extension)

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Aug 10, 2022, 12:13:56 AM

Ia) Does anyone use (or partially use) VS Code to develop mods?

1b)  What i did was to use the dev tool to build a template mod, which opens fine in Unity, but after opening that project i am not seeing the ascribed way to run using that debugger via any menu in VS Code, as described via the info at the link below.

Here's the (outdated) extension:  Name: Debugger for Unity

Description: Unity debugger extension Publisher: Unity Technologies

VS Marketplace Link: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Unity.unity-debug

I am attached to using vs code some of the time because i'm homeless and library hours here are tight (like a stupid amount of tight, between 4 and 6 hours three days a week (with 10-6 every other day). Every bit of energy counts (my laptop is (or was) relatively a beast a couple years ago), but running a standard IDE is almost totally out of the question unless plugged in (most businesses have not remained hospitable to using their outlets without paying for services.

1c) I next stepped through using the tools available in Unity to add some new databases, haven't done anything with them yet.  I also built the project, and but still no luck with the deprecated Unity debugger.  

2) If someone does have experience with using VS Code, and would be interested in trying to work on this problem (or potentially working on updating the extension), 

please contact me at 

aquaticsonarky@gmail.com

(mispelling intentional...look at my username for correct email spelling). 

I assume its written in either c/c++ or c#, but i haven't looked at the source code yet...if i don't have an expert on doing such things to work with, there's not much point.

3) Otherwise, if anybody is interested in talking about creating a slight overhaul mod, contact me at the email above (again that email address is slightly wrong, but not hard to correct for human eyes). 

4) finally, if an experienced modder wouldn't mind trying out a vidchat to co-code, or to show me the ropes of amplitude modding, i'd sure appreciate it, and reward with beverage or food of choice if afforded the opportunity (aka when i have more money) 

l8rz

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment