Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Custom Cultures in 2023

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jan 12, 2023, 1:08:54 PM

With the release of the latest expansion, I was wondering if there've been any major changes to modding custom cultures.

It's been awhile since any have been posted, and my numerous attempts in the past failed because I had no idea how to use the Mod Tools even with instructions.

I'd like to try again, but if the process has gotten more complex than before, is there a guide that's been updated to match the changes so that I have a better understanding as to how to navigate what I'm looking at?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 12, 2023, 1:44:16 PM

It would be nice to have like an official "HK Mod Creator" that would allow every HK owner to create a mod (so also custom cultures) on every (or, at least for some time, most of) platform; it would work in the same way of mod.io but, instead of sharing them, it would allow people to create them.

Currently only HK's steam owners have this kind of right.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 12, 2023, 6:01:29 PM
AtlantisProject wrote:

With the release of the latest expansion, I was wondering if there've been any major changes to modding custom cultures.

It's been awhile since any have been posted, and my numerous attempts in the past failed because I had no idea how to use the Mod Tools even with instructions.

I'd like to try again, but if the process has gotten more complex than before, is there a guide that's been updated to match the changes so that I have a better understanding as to how to navigate what I'm looking at?

There is no updated guide. The outdated guide from uncle is mostly still valid.

There have been some changes to naming, like: archive -> override; additional tab and renamed tab data -> content.

If unsure, you can jump on the amplitude discord and on the modding channel is happy to help.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment