Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 6, 2021, 1:10:55 PM
bihuanyu wrote:

Dear HUMANKIND team,

one of the most intersting part of 4x game is expanding the territory (at least for me, I love this part). but how we can expand our territory  in HUMANKIND is not fun at all. In Humankind, every outpost/city has fixed tiles, this makes no sense and I just dont understand what is the idea of it. I would suggest that there are few tiles(maybe 20 tiles) once the outpost is placed(this 20 tiles can be automatically chosen or they can be assigned by player) and then if we want to expand our territory we need either place new outpost or we can buy the tiles (and attach them to the near outpost/city) by using influence/gold.

In one word, I want to decide the border of the city rather than HUMANKIND decide it.

If you've played any of the Endless games, you'll discover that fixed territories are a feature of Amplitude games.  Despite some concerns about using this system in HK, I find it works really well - much better than Civ's gradual-creep approach.  I'd be shocked if this was changed, and greatly disappointed.  The fixed territories are a building--block design choice that the rest of the game is built on, and the rest of the game is much more solid for it.  Give it some time and it may grow on, too.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 8, 2021, 6:54:28 PM

Two quick remarks about terrain:

1- Just right where the player starts in Victor OpenDev there is some kind of gulf made of 2 hex tiles of ocean surrounded by land and shallow water. I have nothing against ocean tiles touching land without shallow coastal water transition, but it would be cool if that specific kind of arrangements can be avoided (unrealistic due to ocean geology being very peculiar). Maybe you can make that ocean tiles can only exist in groups of at least joined 10 tiles, for example.

2- The height of the terrain is a nice characteristic of Humankind, and it is welcome. However, sometimes it made the terrain felt unrealistic, as it changed too much. It would be better to concentrate most height changes (slopes) in some places (like mountain ranges) and let some wide flat areas, either in lowlands (like valleys) or highlands (like plateaus).

Also, sometimes it made the unit routes a mess, with too many obstacles.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 9, 2021, 2:32:45 AM

It would be nice to have a tool-tip on map tiles that tell you their height to see which ones are on the same level and which ones are high ground. Also having a better visualization of what is a cliff and what is just a normal height differential makes it easier to see where one can move.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment