Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[MINOR] Stuck units inside ennemy territory

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 27, 2021, 12:09:22 PM

Summary / Title: Auto-exploring units get stuck inside ennemy territory in a newly captured region

Description: I had two troops auto-exploring a region, until another AI put an outpost and captured the region. Unfortunately, my troops were stuck, and the AI keep refusing open borders. All bordering regions were also captured, leaving absolutely no path to leave.

Steps to Reproduce: 

1. Put troops inside an unclaimed region that IS bordered with claimed regions from AIs with no open border treaty
  2. Wait for any opponent to claim the region
  3. Troops will be stuck inside the region (they can move, but can't go to another region), forcing you into war.

Reproducibility: 5/5 (probably)

Expected Behavior: Troops should either be moved outside, or this could trigger a crisis to get the troops back

Attachments: Sorry, I forgot to take a screenshot...

Not really a bug, maybe closer to an improvement... :)
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 9:43:49 AM

Hello! Can you see if you can select one of the units in the AI territory, and set their movement so when they reach the end of their (likely multi-turn path) it has them outside of the AI territory and in territory you're not barred from by closed borders? Yours will have a longer path it sounds like, but something like this:

If they're still stuck after trying that, can you attach a save?

Save files by default are located: Users\[user]\Documents\Humankind\Save Files

Thank you!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 12:26:50 PM

Hi,

Well, technically, the units are stuck inside the region (not completely unable to move).

* I can move them inside the curent AI region

* All surrounding regions were either water, or belonging to the same AI. So either the path was blocked, or left clicking would trigger a war declaration popup.

My concern is not that this is a bug, I would even say it's an expected behavior. it's just a bit frustrating, because my only choices were :

* kill the unit

* wait for naval technology

* declare war

i'll see if I can find the savegame or take a screenshot, but to be honest I just kept playing ;)

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment