Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Loading corrupt save game prevents loading or starting any games!

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 9:46:57 AM
  • Summary / Title:Loading corrupt save game prevents loading or starting any games
  • Description: After trying to load the attached save game, you return to the start new game screen and cannot load or start any games. Reckon it's somehow corrupted.
  • Steps to Reproduce: 1. Try and load this save game 2. Get returned to Start new game screen 3. Try and load or start any game 4. \Get returned to Start new game screen
  • Reproducibility: 5/5 (for me)
  • Expected Behavior:
  • Notes: This happened on april 29 with build V0.17.0129-S4 (6-bit Standalone, build 142059)
  • Attachments: The said save game: Carthaginians Turn 108.ctr
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 9:55:18 AM

Hello Ayron!

It looks like closing and relaunching may fix the issue, but if for some reason it continues to get stuck, I think I have a workaround for you!

First: Go to C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Humankind\Save Files and delete the save (or put it in another folder) just so you don't accidentally load it up again.

Second: Go to back a folder to C:\Users\user]\Documents\Humankind and delete that whole Users folder. When you launch the game again it's going to have reset any settings you may have changed, and you'll have to watch the opening video again...but after that you should be able to start new games again.

Hopefully that helps!

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 10:37:12 AM

Hi Saikana, thanks for the quick reply. I got the game up and running again, simply restarting it and then nót selecting that broken save game got it working (after some tries).

I do think it good to know for your guys that a. save games can be broken like that (no idea what can cause that though) and b. it will prevent the start of any games after trying to load it.

Hope you can find something about the attached save game and can prevent this from happening and keep up the good work on this beautiful game!

PS The opening video starts everytime I start the OpenDev eitherway ;)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment