Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Cannot embark with "Foreign Outposts" but without "Trade Expeditions"

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 6:57:55 PM

I get tech "Foreign Outposts" through "Conquest" instead of "Trade Expeditions", but I still can't embark (transfer army to ship).

Expected behavior: Can embark with Foreign Outpost.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 7:31:20 PM
lingsamuel wrote:

I get tech "Foreign Outposts" through "Conquest" instead of "Trade Expeditions", but I still can't embark (transfer army to ship).

Trade Expeditions is the tech that allows embarking as it unlocks Transport Galley, the naval unit the land units turn into while embarked.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 7:42:53 PM
Salterius wrote:
lingsamuel wrote:

Trade Expeditions is the tech that allows embarking as it unlocks Transport Galley, the naval unit the land units turn into while embarked.

But actually I can't build Transport Galley if I unlocked Quadrireme from Foreign Outpost. Also the Quadrireme description says: "carried more ... soldiers"

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 7:46:35 PM
lingsamuel wrote:

But actually I can't build Transport Galley if I unlocked Quadrireme from Foreign Outpost. Also the Quadrireme description says: "carried more ... soldiers"

Units automatically embark and gain the stats of  a Transport Galley if you tell them to move onto water.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 7:56:15 PM
Salterius wrote:

Units automatically embark and gain the stats of  a Transport Galley if you tell them to move onto water.

I can't embark without Transport Galley tech.

Well, the point is, I already got a "better" Transport Galley to use, but I still can't embark without the ancestor technology, that's weird.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 8:26:25 PM
lingsamuel wrote:
Salterius wrote:

I can't embark without Transport Galley tech.

Well, the point is, I already got a "better" Transport Galley to use, but I still can't embark without the ancestor technology, that's weird.

Quadrireme isn't a troop transport gameplaywise, despite its flavour text stating that it is.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 8:52:42 PM

If so, I would say a special "embark" icon just like "harvest forest" would be better than hide it in unit description.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment