Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Indefinite 'occupied' cities after the opponent you were at war with gets vassalized by another AI

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 1, 2021, 6:29:07 AM
When you are at war with an AI and that AI gets vassalized by another AI, the diplomatic status changes to peace, even though you are still at war and have units in battle. (I had a siege going on against one of their cities). This siege was not broken or cancelled or anything. After succesfully completing the siege afterwards you can occupy the city, but this never goes off 'occupied' status and therefore drops in population, creates rebels, etc.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Attack a weak player, put a city under siege
2. Have another AI vassalage the AI you are attacking
3. Complete the siege by taking the city --> indefinitely occupied city.

Expected behavior:
- Three way negotations when at war with multiple nations? --> ie. vassalizing without agreement of the third party makes you also at war with the liege lord?
- Vassalizing does not create peace for the vassal with other nations he is currently at war with?
- Territories that are in conflict (have third party troops in them) obtain a 'disputed' status which should be militarily/diplomatically resolved?
0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 14, 2022, 1:16:24 AM

I ran into the exact same issue. The civilization that I was at war with released their vassal on the same turn that I won the war so when they surrendered I can't take control of the occupied city. Now that the other civilization is no longer their vassal I am stuck with their occupied city and I can't seem to do anything with it. There are no options etc. Hopefully, they address this issue.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 14, 2022, 7:55:35 AM

Well, I just declared surprise war towards the ex-vassal, and boom auto-win (if u get all the vassal cities), even better if you have high warscore, which u can vassal them yourself. But why vassal if u can freely take what you want :P Or just raze the city to the ground and start build a new better city.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment