Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Better nuclear weapons / atomic era

TechnologiesMilitary

a year ago
Jul 29, 2023, 3:21:35 PM

I have a few suggestions that will make the nuclear age better if implemented. First, fallout should slowly disappear over a span of ~75-100 turns, and be able to have the process sped up via a special project or building, this process could be instant or depending on the size it could remove the outermost layer every few turns (this could be every 15 turns or every 50 turns depending on the size). This would make post-nuclear civilizations more fun, as we would be able to repopulate the planet after a nuclear war (especially good in ultra-long-no-end games). I also feel like we should be able to do nuclear tests in the ocean and the blast zone should be able to overlap unoccupied territories / ocean. Another thing that should be changed is that there should be more ways of deploying nuclear weapons, currently you can only launch a missile. A few of these deployment methods could be from strategic bombers, multi role fighters, nuclear submarines, and long range jet bombers that could be added (less range than a missile but more range than the jet fighter). Sub-launched and bomber launched weapons could have less destructive power than the missiles, as you could obtain the nuclear bombers earlier and subs could launch anywhere. To make subs more balanced they could launch after two turns (Example: missiles launch at the start of the next turn but subs launch at the start of the turn after that, and are vulnerable to attack and cannot move during that time). Nuclear weapon trading should also be allowed between allies, where there could be a treaty that allows trading weapons of mass destruction. Trading nuclear weapons would be helpful for multiplayer games as well as singleplayer games, as you would be able to receive or give nukes to your allies (a reason why could be that the have low industry or are in the middle of a war). From experience, I also think that we need to have the ability to launch nuclear weapons at any enemy district or army, so we can launch tactical nuclear strikes without destroying the entire city (also useful if you want to capture the city after), this would also be useful to launch at enemy armies, as if the enemy groups a lot of armies next to each other you could destroy all of them in one shot.

Updated 18 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Jul 30, 2023, 6:06:36 PM

I support improvements to the nuclear weapons system, mainly adding some way to recover destroyed lands.

I had already seen other ideas about opening ocean slots for experiments (Free international waters for nuclear experiments) and using submarines and other types of ships to be loaded with nuclear missiles, if you can find the links and commenting on them to help upload ideas would be good.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment