Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What names do you usually use for your ships in games?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:07:19 PM
Since discovering the destroyer spamming exploit, usually:

Suicide 1, 2, 3, 4...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:11:03 PM
usually my names are utilitarian, sui-las (suicide laser fleet), omni-def (omni ie: multiple weapons, defence fleet) etc. something that tells me what they are. After all, I don't want to get attached. They will die after all *evil laughter ensues*
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:44:04 PM
C1, D1, Death and Support. Death is short for Bringer of Death!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:47:48 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
C1, D1, Death and Support. Death is short for Bringer of Death!

You must be fun at parties.

me: Hi my name is rob, what's yours.

You: Hi, I am bringer of death.

Me: Sam, keep that guy away from the punch bowl.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:36:40 PM
Slar wrote:
You must be fun at parties.

me: Hi my name is rob, what's yours.

You: Hi, I am bringer of death.

Me: Sam, keep that guy away from the punch bowl.

Well me and my friends do often devolve our conversations to topics of Death, the perfect murder and of course its always fun to play, pick who the necrophiliac is!

Ahh the fun we have.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:58:33 PM
for United Empire ships, i usually give vessels plain, utilitarian names that are simple and straightforward, like "ASSAULTER", "SKIRMISHER", 'DESTROYER", or "ARTILLERY", based on the specific role that the ship is going to serve

if i make an more advanced variant of an ship, like an "DEFENDER" with a heavier chassis, i usually name it "A_DEFENDER", "B_DEFENDER", etc

for Craver ships, i get a bit more creative and go with things like "DEFILER" or "USURPER"
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 7:38:45 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
Well me and my friends do often devolve our conversations to topics of Death, the perfect murder and of course its always fun to play, pick who the necrophiliac is!

Ahh the fun we have.

hmm, remind me to conquer your world first. I don't want you practising your necrophilia on me while I attack the cravers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 9:11:18 PM
Something fairly descriptive, like Missilier, Service, Takover, Scout, etc.

I probably should start naming them after ship classes in the Honorverse or something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 2:47:40 PM
In ES I usually go for just the name of the size of the hull, at the beginning anyway. Then I move on to what I plan for the ship to do such as DEATH or MISSILE etc. I remember from Master of Orion 2/3 I would almost always play as the Klackons and so my ships were always called things like Ladybird etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 3:38:36 PM
Based on my systems. If my home system is named "Cheng" my basic cannon fodder destroyer will be "CHENG" and so forth. Dreadnoughts are a special case. Them I name either with the regular form (if all-rounder) or then I name them based on their function. A dreadnought with no other weapons than kinetics will be named "DAKAMASTER" (would have 2 Ks if the game allowed it). "BEAMSTER" if beams or "ROCKETKEKE" if missiles. Those last ones will exist simply so I can see a single ship firing off insane amounts of a single type of munition.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 17, 2012, 6:56:40 PM
I normally do alpha, beta, charlie, delta, etc. (lowercase), but that could get a bit confusing with fleet names, so I'm trying to think of another set of names for it.

Maybe Icarus, Trinity, Enterprise, Prometheus, and other related names?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 12:05:37 AM
I normally go for the first letter of the class being the base for the names

so eg. all destroyers for one game would be cities starting with D, or battleships being animals starting with B... the cities/animals topic is just picked at random on the fly as I'm designing them
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 12:09:21 AM
I use Norse gods and terminology, typically. I also try to match them to their descriptions: Loki, a spry Info War ship... Thor, a large destructive powerhouse... Odin, flagship... etc...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 12:41:45 PM
For Cruisers - SS Flash , for Battleships - SS Thunder , for Dreadnoughts - SS Lighting . SS mean Star Ship : ) .
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 10:31:00 PM
Usually ship names from Babylon 5: Olympus, Hyperion, Omega, Nova etc.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 4:05:49 PM
I usually name them for function or size. To defend my core worlds I usually have Guardian's, which focus heavily on being armoured and durable, whilst ships built for conquering are called things like the Hammer, Wrath. Hyperion II and Norad IV are reserved for capital ships.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment