Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What names do you usually use for your ships in games?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 11:54:13 PM
I've played EVE for a long time and I memorized most of the ship types so I tend to use those and match it as much as possible with the role/class/load out of the ship I'm using in the game. I guess it's a reflex now... They used various themes (birds, mythology, swords, etc.).

I also like to make 1 or 2 extremely expensive ships and give them unique names. You know... flagships.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 2:10:01 PM
It varies, but the my flagship is always Aesthetics I (II/III, etc, depending on how many times I need to replace it).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 6:55:26 PM
I go through the list of roman gods and when I run out I continue with their greek counterparts... and if that shouldn't suffice I continue onto ancient egypt and then into fantasy smiley: biggrin

Zeus - Capital Ships

Fortuna - Exploration Ships

Flora/Aphrodite - Colony Ships

and so on. If I edit them from the standard designs... I add some description. If the game lets me design my ships.

Eg. Zeus MkIV 1GT-10HIL
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 3:20:31 AM
I like to go for names from books, for example the H.M.S Thunderchild from War of the worlds
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 6:44:47 AM
WellyCollins wrote:
I like to go for names from books, for example the H.M.S Thunderchild from War of the worlds

Me too! Except I usually go with H.M.S. Idiots Guide to the Internet or H.M.S. 1001 Baby Names
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 9:41:02 PM
I like naming my ships after famous real life ships of the same class (e.g. Johnston for destroyers, Bismarck for Battleships, etc.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:09:11 AM
I'm afraid my names are boring but functional.

Merely descriptors for the role intended.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 9:40:59 AM
I think I will call them like this now :

Souffle, Vent, Tempête, Ouragan (blow, wind, tempest, hurricane) for attacking ships.

Desert, Sable, Dune (desert, sand, dune) for support ones.

I have also Mistral, Sirocco, Orage, Typhon, (two first are names of winds, then storm and typhoon) in case I need more names. smiley: smile

As alternative names :

Flash, Lueur, Brillance, Clarté, Eclat, Lumière : attacking ships (all refere to the light)

Chaleur, Canicule, Fournaise : support (refere to the heat)

Each of these names are related with my pseudonym : Photon Ventdesdunes.

Photon is the particule of Light. Ventdesdunes means "wind from the dunes" smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 10:34:36 AM
Across all races (atm) :

Tincan K/L/T

Dissy "

Kruss " /Rp/Inv

Raven " /Rp/Tk

Rokh "/OwN

To state the obvious and no so, kinetic[K], lasers/beams/plasma[L], Torps/missiles[T], Repair module&sensors [Rp], Invasion ship [Inv], Tanked beast [Tk], just... one more... gun....can...stick...somewhere![OwN]
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 12:08:31 PM
*United Empire: Jinete, Conquistador, Campeon, Cruzado, Inquisidor, Emperador, Despota

Hissho: Honour, Loyalty, Victory, Ambition

Imperial Cossack Krai (Custom faction): Kindjal, Shashka, Plastun, Partizan, Hajduk, Ataman, Vojevoda

*Will later be used for another custom faction, the Despotate of Burgosia
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 1:35:10 PM
For Sophon ships, I name them in the naming scheme that the first Corvette design you get (Protector). So I usually end up with things like Guardian, Aegis, etc.

For a custom faction I may make (depending on how the whole thing works), I might use a few different names, some of which may or may not be Mass Effect related.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 8:44:41 PM
I used to put XVIIIth & XIXth british combat ships Ajax, Inflexible, Indomitable, Loyal, Calypso, Belerophon, etc... read to much Patrick O'Brien
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 12:57:03 PM
If any of you have played eve, you would know about the amarr. I like to name my ships with some holy feeling to them, But as they don't always fit, i have to use half the name.

(sinner), (sinners) folly, righteous indignation. I made that into 2 ships, both with the same Hull. It gives them a nice feel for me
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 1:16:02 PM
For no apparent reason I started naming ships after WWE wrestlers when I first started playing (I have no idea why). Now I name them after what they do, Planet Defense, Interceptor, Invader etc. Keeps it simple and easy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 9:54:19 PM
Well, since space combat is pretty much a... "throw endless amounts of ships at each other", I find it kind of silly to try and put any sort of effort into naming/attaching to any class or fleet. They'll be destroyed and replaced - which is quite disappointing.

So... I just call them by their class. Destroyer, Cruiser, Battleship, Dreadnaught.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 2:06:52 PM
very random, moons very often, also sometimes names from Final Fantasy.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment