Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[poll] What is your favorite board game of all time?

Monopoly
Candy Land
Battleship
Clue/Cluedo
Life
Chutes & Ladders/Snakes & Ladders
Trouble
Sorry
Parcheesi
Other, Please Explain in Thread
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 17, 2012, 2:02:56 AM
Prophet wrote:
I used to love that game when I was a kid, though I had lost all the pieces (just had the tower and board). I recently stumbled across a flash version of the game. It has all the cheesy sound effects and graphics. http://www.hotflashgames.com/index.php?page=game.php&gameid=3

Yeah, I eventually lost all the pieces, threw out the board, and only had the tower. Thanks for putting up the link to the Flash version - it was great for taking a trip down memory lane!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 11:05:57 PM
I was a fan of chess and checkers as a kid. They used the same basic board, so it was easy to go from one to the other. That, and Battle Chess on the PC was amazing. Was probably the first computer game I played seriously aside from Oregon Trail. Monopoly was up there as well, but that game usually ended in blood and tears the way we played it. Somebody would always decide to rob the bank, and then we'd have no choice but to duel over who got to keep the money.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 23, 2012, 7:43:36 AM
Cor you havent picked very good ones for your poll have you? My favourites are Escape from Colditz (best game I played as a kid), Pandemic, and Ticket to Ride but my all time favourite is Middle Earth Quest shame it takes so long but its an epic beautiful game worth every bit of its £45 price tag.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 2:35:20 PM
Sadi wrote:
Diplomacy.

The best way to lose your friends.

Ain't THAT the truth!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 2:38:34 AM
Monopoly with a high risk taking bunch that readily make bold trade proposals is the best on a night in.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 11:52:59 PM
Twilight Struggle.

As a historian i prefer games that have a historical setting. This being based on the Cold War and having all the cards explained historically in the manual is just very nice. Its also great because only one of my friends really likes prolonged board games.

Follow up is the BSG-board game and on third place Dust Tactics.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 1:14:03 AM
It's Twilight Empire for me. I love all the plastic and carton stuff. It's got cards, minis, hex fields. Needs some dice, though. Also it can last for 8+ hours.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 7:02:58 AM
Axis and allies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 6:15:50 PM
Like mentioned before in here, for me it's also Settlers of Catan. It's highly addictive, yet pretty simple and with all the different tiles and addons the replayability couldn't be higher.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 11:51:34 PM
dont know if it has been mentioned yet but battlestar galagtica is one of my personal favorites the intrigue and finger pointing is fantastic
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment