Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

Endless Legend 2... What would you want?

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Apr 7, 2018, 5:37:57 AM

It would be amazing if u guys create a game about the endless Dust wars, where you could play as the leader of one of the endless factions, interact with primitives civ ( like primites humans in Earth or the vodyani before they became virtuals) and comands fleets and planetary invasions in a more strategic way than EL an ES. 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 27, 2018, 6:02:19 PM

While there (as far as I know) has been no news of any plans for Endless Legend 2... would I think it would be a nice community question to ask.
IF Endless Legend 2 was announced, what would you want to be added, changed or removed from the game? What would you like to see in Endless Legend 2?

Me myself, there are a couple of things. Most are actually quite minor.

I would for example want to see more "city levels". Like, more cities (not just the cultist one) can upgrade past "rank 2" and such.
It is always satisfying to see the cities evolve and improve.
That is one of the major things I would actually like to see added, even if it is a minor thing.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 3, 2018, 2:26:24 AM
Tnecniw wrote:
Slashman wrote:

Improved AI would be pretty much my only real wish.

The game works in pretty much every other aspect really well. It's just that the AI cannot use many of the tools it is given very well and is poor at warfare in general (the strategic side mostly).

Heh, I don't think much about AI and such, as that is kinda given. Updating AI and such would probably be one of the things you would almost think is too obvious.
But yes. They should update the Ai. xD

There is a very good Workshop Mod called "Improved AI" that might be right up your alley.

As far as Endless Legend 2 goes, I would love to see Unique Heroes with Unique Models and more various skill trees. I would also like to see a wider variety of Minor Faction Heroes and Hero weapon loadouts. Having a Vaulter Hero who can use Axe and Shield, or a Wild Walker with Sword and Board. Let me use a Crossbow on a Broken Lords Hero or a Spear on a Roving Clans Hero. They dabbled a bit in this with the Mezari Monk Hero and I hope they dig deeper.

Also:

• Weather on Land
  • More UI Improvements
  • Larger Maps
  • A Better Happiness System (possibly similar to ES2)
  • More Faction Unique Tech
  • Unique Faction Skins for Naval Units
  • Unique Faction Skins for Legendary Buildings and Special Districts (i.e. Winter Borough, Altar of Auriga)
  • More Minor Faction Units (as collection bonuses maybe? i.e. new minor faction unit template at 5 owned villages, 10 owned villages etc.)
  • More Side Quests
  • More Side Quests
  • A Lot of Side Quests

Thanks in advance.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 18, 2018, 7:15:56 AM
Ichsuisme wrote:

1. I think the AI needs to be more aggressive - with both wars/threats and with regular, peaceful diplomacy. Let the AI throw some real, consquential demands at me and make me plan for that.

2. More anomalies would be cool; adding some with negative effects similiar to those in ES2 would be fun.

3. Politics in ES2 are nice, a similar system would be great. If nothing else, at least some unpredictability in each game's empire plans should be added.

4. I would like to see trade routes on the map as actual units - I don't even want to manage them but I would prefer to see them. Trade routes existing as a random number on a UI panel always annoys me in my EL games.

5. I’d enjoy more cinematics. A victory cinematic is needed; winning a game is too anticlimactic. Galactic Civilizations 3 does a nice job rewarding the player with cool cinematic each time they do something for the first time: first settlement expansion, first strategic resource collection, first large unit, etc. I wouldn't mind a system like that. EL and Amplitude as a whole have great art styles and the point is that I wouldn’t mind seeing more !

6. I'd love to see heros play a civilian role that goes beyond scouting ruins, sitting in cities, or talking to minor factions.

7. Lastly, more endless lore !

I agree with all of this... except maybe the agressivenss. xD
I have had a bit too many EL games where I have gotten completely encased by enemy factions because they spread so fast.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 18, 2018, 1:51:55 AM

1. I think the AI needs to be more aggressive - with both wars/threats and with regular, peaceful diplomacy. Let the AI throw some real, consquential demands at me and make me plan for that.

2. More anomalies would be cool; adding some with negative effects similiar to those in ES2 would be fun.

3. Politics in ES2 are nice, a similar system would be great. If nothing else, at least some unpredictability in each game's empire plans should be added.

4. I would like to see trade routes on the map as actual units - I don't even want to manage them but I would prefer to see them. Trade routes existing as a random number on a UI panel always annoys me in my EL games.

5. I’d enjoy more cinematics. A victory cinematic is needed; winning a game is too anticlimactic. Galactic Civilizations 3 does a nice job rewarding the player with cool cinematic each time they do something for the first time: first settlement expansion, first strategic resource collection, first large unit, etc. I wouldn't mind a system like that. EL and Amplitude as a whole have great art styles and the point is that I wouldn’t mind seeing more !

6. I'd love to see heros play a civilian role that goes beyond scouting ruins, sitting in cities, or talking to minor factions.

7. Lastly, more endless lore !

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 13, 2018, 6:21:44 PM

If Endless Legend were to be suceeded by a second game, I think it would benefit from changes to it's combat, increased ways to interact with the minor races, in addition to some of the things added to Endless Space 2. 

I beleive the combat would benefit from more units being able to use active abilities to increase the involvement of the player, instead of most units being only able to direct damage, buff, and heal. Though, if the sequal were to mirror ES2 as becoming more an Epic or Saga like story, the combat could become more cinamatic as the player could potentially only alter the formation(s) of the army beforehand and the selection of the units. In addition to this; an increased selection of empire base unit that empashasise their strengths and weaknesses and possibly a different way of gaining them, separate from the tech tree. 

Minor races typically served to amplify the empire through economic or military buffs in addition to suplementing the empire's limited base roster and offering the odd quest. More interactions between subject and ruler, random events caused by their status in your empire, in addition to maybe a changing level of intigration in the empire based on multiple factors such as the nature of the minor race, it's possible military function, and maybe even how "tolerable" the empire may be, given the Necropahes in Endless Legend benefited from eating their own population and the Forgotten were outcasts with a grudge against science(and the Vaulters). 

Endless Space 2 has minor races involved in politics and before they are annexed influence is spent increasing relations with them before they can be annexed. In addition to this, ships in ES2 require manpower to be crewed and lose manpower when the ship is damaged or the fleet invades a system. Luxury goods, in ES2 also adds value to the trade of the system that adds to the capabilities of the trade company. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 13, 2018, 6:09:45 AM

All amazing ideas. :)
I personally am a bit against the whole concept of adding in sci-fi elements in Legends. (Like the whole of Multiple planets etc).
I love  the Fantasy aspect of Endless legend just that much. xD

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 6, 2018, 10:49:12 PM

-The same atmosphere and feel. The game is relaxing to play, with beautiful music and art for damn near everything. This has to be in for it to be considered Endless Legend at all.

-Better combat. Let's be honest here, EL's wasn't the best. Not as awful as some say it is, but it lacks. Devs could look to Age of Wonders 3 for inspiration, as it had a similar army system.

-Dunno if I like this talk of new races, I want my loyal cultists returned to me just the way they were.

-Better AI (Not much to say here)

-Better mod support, the lack of freedom and tools is prohibitive, and while I'm probably the worst modder out there, I can see the potential user-made factions, quests and items filling any gaps the devs missed.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 6, 2018, 7:26:46 PM

What I think they should do if they plan to make EL2 is to put vote for features that they should focus on for the base game. 

for example like AngryAnt's suggestion, maybe not everyone would like the idea of a new world and some want Auriga. So they put a vote.

thing is, if game is moddable then we can create our own worlds, terrain, senarios,factions, etc... I think they realised how unmoddable their games really are when they did the ES2 mod competition.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 5, 2018, 2:47:31 PM

There is potential for it being an ES2 sequel story-wise, which would probably provide the best opportunity for changing things up: Different planet/system offering a full reset.

Random thoughts:

• Story could take place in a system which the Riftborn has encapsulated in one of their speed-up time bubbles, but perhaps lost control over
    • Plenty of gameplay time can pass without it being odd that there is no inter-stellar contact
    • Interesting gameplay opportunity for temporarily pushing things out of the sped-up bubble - effectively "freezing" it from the point of view of everything else
  • Could do a fresh drop of minor and major civilisations from ES2
    • Could just loosely base EL2 ones on ES2 ones
    • Opportunity to swap major/minor status inside EL2 (there are more of us here - you be the minor now)
  • Interacting with other planets or just moons in the system?
    • Could be anything from vague relation to direct action on the planetoids
Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 4, 2018, 5:40:50 PM

Also, Call it Lost Legends

I want to believe the lost returning is canon

and make naval combat more robust.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 4, 2018, 5:40:48 PM

More powder based weaponry and units that use early powder like cannons, muskets , stuff like that, maybe more new races, keep the combat the way it is, endless legend has my favorite style of 4x combat i love every sec of it and mod support. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 4, 2018, 4:49:18 PM

I agree with firas. Mod support and steam workshop. This way the community can create endless factions ;)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 21, 2018, 6:51:29 AM

Maybe Endless Legend 2, if it ever comes out, would be about land combat on some remote, yet important planets that every major, even minor, faction in Endless Space 2 would fight over? i Know ti would be a bit unrealistic, especially if we consider that major factions would mainly solve the problem via space battles, but.. imagine...

It's planet like Auriga, with vast underground tunnels you can't simply conquer in one go. Instead of bombing the planet and gaining control over it in one swift strike, the teams, factions would take a hold under the planet's surface where they would be really hard to get rid off, each having their own stronghold and areas of influence! Yes, it's a bit based on Dungeon of the Endless, true, but I think it would be am emtertaining idea! 

It would include politics on two levels, between outposts and big empires that own them, whatever locals that survived in those vaults (maybe, if it's Aurgia, we could find survivors from first Endless Legend? That would be cool!) and other hidden things, previously locked away, concealed from any prying eyes?

It may be too silly idea though. And too complex.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 28, 2018, 1:47:12 PM

I love Endless Legends. Of the top of my head the "obvious" branching questlines - I would really like that. On the other hand the game is wonderful, and I cant think of big fixes needed right now! I will come back with more ideas when I have them!

I guess seing a new planet, with entierly new races and a new story to uncover would be the driving force behind a second undless legends for me. I deeply hope that we may see a sequal - but something moving forward...Something fantastical but something new! (With a bunch of wonderfully unique races as wilt all the other games)

And if we wanted something cool; A magic system...I'm 100% sure its something amplitude could work out. But something where you create spells and artifacts, maybe much like ship or unit design in other games. Obviously work out how to make it lore frendly, but I'm sure you could - but if you could design things like that it would be awesome. definatly based on combining anctint and new technologies etc... the idea really excites me.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 28, 2018, 2:03:16 PM
JamesHarrison wrote:

I love Endless Legends. Of the top of my head the "obvious" branching questlines - I would really like that. On the other hand the game is wonderful, and I cant think of big fixes needed right now! I will come back with more ideas when I have them!

I guess seing a new planet, with entierly new races and a new story to uncover would be the driving force behind a second undless legends for me. I deeply hope that we may see a sequal - but something moving forward...Something fantastical but something new! (With a bunch of wonderfully unique races as wilt all the other games)

And if we wanted something cool; A magic system...I'm 100% sure its something amplitude could work out. But something where you create spells or artifacts, maybe much like ship or unit design in other games. Obviously lore frendly - but if you could design things like that it would be awesome.

Oh, yes. Some sort of designer. :)
It would be neat if they went deeper into hero and unit designs. This could also make the unit roster a BIT bigger (as Legend honestly have... quite light with race units)
Like, you pick "Infantry". Then you get like 3-4 options on how they look baseline. (Maybe even options for Light, medium and heavy armor)
And then you can add equipment, like "Shield and one handed weapon" "Two handed weapon" "magic" (support or offensive) "Bows"
Such things.
(Of course, this wouldn't be an option for all of them. Each factions having baseline units that are too unique to be designed.)

I would also love if we could design our own "Heroes" to start with... but that maybe would be a bit far? :)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 28, 2018, 4:34:27 PM

The game works in pretty much every other aspect really well. It's just that the AI cannot use many of the tools it is given very well and is poor at warfare in general (the strategic side mostly).

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 28, 2018, 9:25:11 PM
Slashman wrote:

Heh, I don't think much about AI and such, as that is kinda given. Updating AI and such would probably be one of the things you would almost think is too obvious.
But yes. They should update the Ai. xD

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 1, 2018, 1:47:47 PM

I guess I actually quite like the limited unit choice - I find it makes minor factions relavent, not simply for there bonuses  -  but also for the goodness in what you unlock. But I'm just getting inot some of the depth of the game, and like the choices between the weapons and items you will use. Despite saying that if you could design and "lock in" a unit chassi or two for your empire that could be cool...And yea, a new game does not have to be like the old.

But definatly some kind of "Forge" - waether you put things together do design new "artifacts" (weapons & armour etc) you could equip on your heroes, or maybe units... Or designing an Spell "effect"; like the Ardent mages pillars, or the Riftborn's singularities that could effect the world some way. 

Maybe simply each (or some) races have an Artifact that can be upgraded in vairous ways that provides differing bonuses to the empire...Some great dust crystal tower or something - a bit like Horatio changing there gene pool...or (probably a better enalogy) assimilating minor races to pick up their traits. You could search for ancient technologies, and items (or invent new cutting edge Dust magics) that you can use to give you various bonuses. I guess I'm thinking this is quite like the minor faction mechanic a little. Use technologies to unlock more "slots" on your artifact and then modify it to affect how your empire runs.

The reall problem is we all WANT a new endless Legends (in a 4/5 years or whatever) - but Endless Legends is So good... other then a new story it's hard to think of something "missing"...Then again the shifters expantion was great as I didn't know Winter could be so much more intresting than it was!

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 1, 2018, 2:20:56 PM
JamesHarrison wrote:

I guess I actually quite like the limited unit choice - I find it makes minor factions relavent, not simply for there bonuses  -  but also for the goodness in what you unlock. But I'm just getting inot some of the depth of the game, and like the choices between the weapons and items you will use. Despite saying that if you could design and "lock in" a unit chassi or two for your empire that could be cool...And yea, a new game does not have to be like the old.

But definatly some kind of "Forge" - waether you put things together do design new "artifacts" (weapons & armour etc) you could equip on your heroes, or maybe units... Or designing an Spell "effect"; like the Ardent mages pillars, or the Riftborn's singularities that could effect the world some way. 

Maybe simply each (or some) races have an Artifact that can be upgraded in vairous ways that provides differing bonuses to the empire...Some great dust crystal tower or something - a bit like Horatio changing there gene pool...or (probably a better enalogy) assimilating minor races to pick up their traits. You could search for ancient technologies, and items (or invent new cutting edge Dust magics) that you can use to give you various bonuses. I guess I'm thinking this is quite like the minor faction mechanic a little. Use technologies to unlock more "slots" on your artifact and then modify it to affect how your empire runs.

The reall problem is we all WANT a new endless Legends (in a 4/5 years or whatever) - but Endless Legends is So good... other then a new story it's hard to think of something "missing"...Then again the shifters expantion was great as I didn't know Winter could be so much more intresting than it was!

I like the game as it is, it is great.
BUT... I actually do have a bit of an issue with the minor factions.
1: They are really random, which can be a real annoyance for factions that sorta depend on them. (Like the Cultists or the Morgawr).
IF you are meeting a landbased enemy as the Morgawr are you screwed unless the minor faction in one of your lands happen to be infantry or cavalry.

2: The whole concept of that you MUST have the minor factions to have an efficent army feels a bit frustrating for me overall. As I kinda like my army to look the same. xD

I would maybe say, that if I were to choose how they would work in Legends 2, I would give each faction maybe... 2-3 more unit types.
But have the minor faction units be way more expensive but really god damn powerfull.
Basicly great reinforcements, or great powers, but not neccecarily a must for certain factions.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message