what I should do? tell me more pls?

Go to Steam

Right click on ES2 in Steam

Click Properties

Click "Set Launch Options"

In the box put in -novideo

Click OK

Then launch ES2

everything seems to work, thank you! But now there is no video. If I understand correctly, to fix this? If so, how do I return it?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 14, 2016, 1:26:03 PM
Confesor wrote:

everything seems to work, thank you! But now there is no video. If I understand correctly, to fix this? If so, how do I return it?

For this moment, the game crash on some computers when it try to play those videos. Just wait for a fix and you'll get the video running without making the game crash. Simple :)

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 15, 2016, 3:18:29 AM

Hello, and before i get into what my problem is i have to say the game is fantastic. I loved Endless space 1 and endless legend but i seriously have to say well done :).

Now, i actually just managed to figure out what my problem was and i hope it can be of assistance to you. I was crashing after my loading bar completely maxed out and it was about to enter the main menu. I was playing fine yesterday so i was really confused as to what was different. i tried verifying and it changed nothing. I realized i was using my speakers instead of my headset. My speakers are connected via an optical cable (not sure if relevant, just giving as much info as possible) and my headset is a wireless usb. The game works perfectly fine without crashing with my headset but the moment i switch my primary audio device to my speakers it will crash upon attempting to enter the main menu. I can hear the intro splash screens no problem through the speakers prior to the crash. Best of luck with the development :)

DxDiag.txt

Error logs.zip

Diagnostics - 2016'10'14 @2308'54''.html

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 1:07:28 AM
MambaRanger wrote:

Crash varies, but either during loading screen, during intial gameplay, or at start.

DxDiag.txt

2016-10-10_083930

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.dmp

2016-10-10_143156

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.dmp

2016-10-10_151210

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.dmp

2016-10-16_085034

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.dmp

Your logs indicate you are running on an Intel HD3000

The game requires DirectX11. The Intel HD3000 only supports up to DirectX10

As such you will not be able to run the game with the system you have right now.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 1:09:00 AM
Bellnick wrote:

Hello, and before i get into what my problem is i have to say the game is fantastic. I loved Endless space 1 and endless legend but i seriously have to say well done :).

Now, i actually just managed to figure out what my problem was and i hope it can be of assistance to you. I was crashing after my loading bar completely maxed out and it was about to enter the main menu. I was playing fine yesterday so i was really confused as to what was different. i tried verifying and it changed nothing. I realized i was using my speakers instead of my headset. My speakers are connected via an optical cable (not sure if relevant, just giving as much info as possible) and my headset is a wireless usb. The game works perfectly fine without crashing with my headset but the moment i switch my primary audio device to my speakers it will crash upon attempting to enter the main menu. I can hear the intro splash screens no problem through the speakers prior to the crash. Best of luck with the development :)

DxDiag.txt

Error logs.zip

Diagnostics - 2016'10'14 @2308'54''.html

Do you have any audio enhancement tools installed? Those may be the source of your crashes.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 3:08:43 AM

This may have been answered at a previous point in the thread, but if so I couldn't find it.

The game does start up well enough, with the SEGA/Amplitude video, and the loading ES2 splash screen, but after that it gets iffy. It will crash during the loading, after the loading has finished, or within a minute, at most, of getting to the main menu screen. On the few  times when it will stay alledgedly functional long enough to try and start a game session, it will crash within 10-15 seconds of seeing the actual game. And the whole entire time, there's this increasingly irksome, stuttery, keening screech instead of what I assume is supposed to be the music, because when the main menu stays up long enough I tried fiddling with the sound to make it go away and it went down with the music slider.

I have tried all the solutions in the Common Issues sticky thread that I feasibly can, as well as any common sense ones I could think of or find, but nothing has apparently helped.

DxDiag.txt

the sound in question.mp3

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2016'10'16 @2254'08''.html

I hope someone with more brains than I can explain how, if possible, to fix this.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 6:53:55 PM
astralFitz wrote:

This may have been answered at a previous point in the thread, but if so I couldn't find it.

The game does start up well enough, with the SEGA/Amplitude video, and the loading ES2 splash screen, but after that it gets iffy. It will crash during the loading, after the loading has finished, or within a minute, at most, of getting to the main menu screen. On the few  times when it will stay alledgedly functional long enough to try and start a game session, it will crash within 10-15 seconds of seeing the actual game. And the whole entire time, there's this increasingly irksome, stuttery, keening screech instead of what I assume is supposed to be the music, because when the main menu stays up long enough I tried fiddling with the sound to make it go away and it went down with the music slider.

I have tried all the solutions in the Common Issues sticky thread that I feasibly can, as well as any common sense ones I could think of or find, but nothing has apparently helped.

DxDiag.txt

the sound in question.mp3

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2016'10'16 @2254'08''.html

I hope someone with more brains than I can explain how, if possible, to fix this.

Your diags are very confusing because DXdiag shows you have a Nvidia 965M but the output log shows a GTX 760

I'd stay given your symptoms you're not correctly forcing the Nvidia Mobility card. You need to expressly force it via the Nvidia Control Panel. The "global" option is insufficient. YOu must explicitly do it for ES2

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 17, 2016, 11:59:23 PM

EDIT: I found the problem (I think). After replacing my graphics drivers, I had set the .exe to use the on-board graphics card, however in the properties for it it was still set to compatability mode for Windows 7 (a fix I'd tried previously). Since I guess my graphics card didn't exist when Windows 7 did, the compatability mode didn't know what to do. I did have to replace/update my sound drivers for the music to not do what it wasn't doing, but that was simple, if tedious.

-------------------------------------------------

This is a laptop, there is only the one graphics card, so the Nvidia control panel lacks a specific option to force a graphics card.

satoru wrote:

Your diags are very confusing because DXdiag shows you have a Nvidia 965M but the output log shows a GTX 760

I'd stay given your symptoms you're not correctly forcing the Nvidia Mobility card. You need to expressly force it via the Nvidia Control Panel. The "global" option is insufficient. YOu must explicitly do it for ES2

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 1:11:21 AM

After the latest patch I cannot get past the title screen when starting the game through Steam or through the exe. The bar loads about 10% of the way and then crashes with the error message "Failed to initialize the Steam API". 

I do not have a problem with any of my other games, and I have this issue using both the regular and Beta version of Steam.

I disabled steam overlay in-game to with no effect. I have no crash dump or error log file. 

DxDiag.txt

Diagnostics - 2016'10'17 @1956'12''.html

output_log.txt

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 4:27:42 PM
astralFitz wrote:

EDIT: I found the problem (I think). After replacing my graphics drivers, I had set the .exe to use the on-board graphics card, however in the properties for it it was still set to compatability mode for Windows 7 (a fix I'd tried previously). Since I guess my graphics card didn't exist when Windows 7 did, the compatability mode didn't know what to do. I did have to replace/update my sound drivers for the music to not do what it wasn't doing, but that was simple, if tedious.

-------------------------------------------------

This is a laptop, there is only the one graphics card, so the Nvidia control panel lacks a specific option to force a graphics card.

satoru wrote:

Interesting. after doing all that is the game working fine now?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 4:28:46 PM
Darkhail wrote:

After the latest patch I cannot get past the title screen when starting the game through Steam or through the exe. The bar loads about 10% of the way and then crashes with the error message "Failed to initialize the Steam API". 

I do not have a problem with any of my other games, and I have this issue using both the regular and Beta version of Steam.

I disabled steam overlay in-game to with no effect. I have no crash dump or error log file. 

DxDiag.txt

Diagnostics - 2016'10'17 @1956'12''.html

output_log.txt

I'd try running both Steam and the ES2 exe as admins

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 18, 2016, 11:47:25 PM
satoru wrote:

Interesting. after doing all that is the game working fine now?

Seems to, yes. I'll try and let you know if that changes after I format my computer and set everything back up (bastid's been getting screwy).

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 19, 2016, 2:25:04 PM

EditQuote

hello awesome creators of my favorite strategie series

I need help

my game crashes on start up it finishes the company logos and crashes

here is the complete diagnostic and crash logs

endless space crash and diagnostic.zip

here is my setup

processor: Intel core i7 5500U CPU @ 2.40ghz
Ram 16Gb
64 bit operating system

also i havw already forced the game to use my nvidia GeForce get 950m
but it still crashes at 20%
and says that it cant start steam API. 

I know that my grammar is terrible but please help

thankyou

edit: I disabled the steam overlay in the properties menu and it works. fixing the overlay problem would be good for the next patch so that it would save a lot of people the headaches lol

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 22, 2016, 1:13:23 AM
helel_baal wrote:

Hi.

Crash at launch/loading screen

I had to reinstall windows, had no problem before. I have reinstalled game, reinstalled/updated drivers, checked file integrity, done all stuff in [read first] thread and nothing helped. Anyone can solve it?

Reports: 

Diagnostics - 2016'10'21 @0922'01''.html

DxDiag.txt

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Thanks

Intel HD cards are currently unsupported. 

Note you can 'try' to update your Intel drivers to the latest version. However whether it works or not is a bit of a crap shoot right now. Some people have gotten it to work, others like myself have not.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 22, 2016, 6:36:01 PM
satoru wrote:
helel_baal wrote:

Hi.

Crash at launch/loading screen

I had to reinstall windows, had no problem before. I have reinstalled game, reinstalled/updated drivers, checked file integrity, done all stuff in [read first] thread and nothing helped. Anyone can solve it?

Reports: 

Diagnostics - 2016'10'21 @0922'01''.html

DxDiag.txt

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Thanks

Intel HD cards are currently unsupported. 

Note you can 'try' to update your Intel drivers to the latest version. However whether it works or not is a bit of a crap shoot right now. Some people have gotten it to work, others like myself have not.

Many battles lost but the war (with drivers) is over. Updated intel hd graphics, everything works, thanks 

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 23, 2016, 7:51:21 PM
Hi guys,

sorry for flooding here, but i have to say that i just changed my graphics card, and the game finally launch well.

Thanks a lot everybody ! :)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment