Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Pending crash / game start issues

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Dec 5, 2016, 2:37:43 AM

Game starts up and plays the Sega and Amplitude logos, then hits the loading screen with the Sophon and Vodyani Dreadnoughts on the space station,  it loads a bit then crashes.

output_log.txt

error.log

crash.dmp

Diagnostics - 2016'12'02 @2339'08''.html

DxDiag.txt

Thanks and good luck on finding a solution!

P.S. shout out to Satoru, thanks for the instructions on how to upload the files.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 11, 2016, 9:51:09 AM

Issue with crash during the game load at the point of progress bar start . First piece of progress bar is done (around 90% to go) when crash occurs

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2016'12'11 @1011'34''.html

Macmini w. intel 5100 graphics, DX12

Tried so far: 

Updated graphic drivers

Granted admin rights in compatibility mode,

Run as windows 7, 8 and 10

Appreciate any input on the issue. Can see from the discussion thread that this is a general issue (with perhaps many different causes)

All the best. Soeren

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 12, 2016, 2:43:29 AM
Hopliteofthestars wrote:

Game starts up and plays the Sega and Amplitude logos, then hits the loading screen with the Sophon and Vodyani Dreadnoughts on the space station,  it loads a bit then crashes.

output_log.txt

error.log

crash.dmp

Diagnostics - 2016'12'02 @2339'08''.html

DxDiag.txt

Thanks and good luck on finding a solution!

P.S. shout out to Satoru, thanks for the instructions on how to upload the files.

Unfortunately currently Intel cards are unsupported. Intel cards 'seem' to work better in win7/win8 but I can't really confirm that. Its just an anecdote from my own experience. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 12, 2016, 2:44:13 AM
MrSoerenR wrote:

Issue with crash during the game load at the point of progress bar start . First piece of progress bar is done (around 90% to go) when crash occurs

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2016'12'11 @1011'34''.html

Macmini w. intel 5100 graphics, DX12

Tried so far: 

Updated graphic drivers

Granted admin rights in compatibility mode,

Run as windows 7, 8 and 10

Appreciate any input on the issue. Can see from the discussion thread that this is a general issue (with perhaps many different causes)

All the best. Soeren

Unforunately Intel cards are currently unsupported by the game. You can try to update your Intel video drivers but YMMV. It 'may' work beter on Win7/Win8

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 18, 2016, 6:57:45 PM
satoru wrote:
Dellodas wrote:

Crashing during ES2 Loading Screen at the start and can't play the game, any suggestions would be nice.

DxDiag.txt

Diagnostics - 2016'12'18 @1340'26''.html

output_log.txt

Try manually reinstalling all the redistributables from

<steam>\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist

Reboot after reinstalling/repairing

I tried reinstalling, DirectX-Microsoft Framework-vcredistx64 & x86 yet still nothing, same crash.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 23, 2016, 7:46:29 PM

Hello,

I bought the game yesterday, but I was not able to start it. If i try to start the game, i'have a blackscreen, but can hear the sound of the intro, the Steam overlay shows up too. Yet right after the intro ends the games crashes without an error. I have checked AMD drivers, Framework, visual c++ and directx for updates, however there is no change in the problem 

--novideo command has no effect too

i hope someone can help me with this problem

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 23, 2016, 8:53:30 PM
McIltis wrote:

Hello,

I bought the game yesterday, but I was not able to start it. If i try to start the game, i'have a blackscreen, but can hear the sound of the intro, the Steam overlay shows up too. Yet right after the intro ends the games crashes without an error. I have checked AMD drivers, Framework, visual c++ and directx for updates, however there is no change in the problem 

--novideo command has no effect too

i hope someone can help me with this problem

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Your AMD drivers are a year old so you definitely need to start with a clean install of your AMD drivers

Also ensure you manually install all the redistributables from <steam>\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist and see if you get any errors

Also reboot your system

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 3, 2017, 2:42:19 PM
Dellodas wrote:
satoru wrote:
Dellodas wrote:

Crashing during ES2 Loading Screen at the start and can't play the game, any suggestions would be nice.

DxDiag.txt

Diagnostics - 2016'12'18 @1340'26''.html

output_log.txt

Try manually reinstalling all the redistributables from

<steam>\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2\_CommonRedist

Reboot after reinstalling/repairing

I tried reinstalling, DirectX-Microsoft Framework-vcredistx64 & x86 yet still nothing, same crash.

Your steam name is something like {ABC}_Abc. Change temporary this to (ABC)_Abc or [ABC]_Abc until a patch is made : remove any "{" or "}" from your name.

This workaround is 100% garanty to work on your case, you have the exact same problem as mixerria & LtClSheppard in this thread.

Which is 

13:40:26:350STACK[Steam] Steam user id is '0x something'.

(...some trace, then...)
13:40:26:350STACKApplication is shutting down...

And getting your steam id 0x something, putting it in this site https://steamid.co/ finds you having { and/or } in your name.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 8, 2017, 5:56:46 AM

Hi,

My antivirus software prevented the first-time configuration of the registry for the game. I've tried reinstalling the game twice and running every application in the redistribution folder. How do I rerun the first-time setup? The game crashes on the loading screen because there isn't a registry.

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2017'01'08 @0042'44''.html

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 15, 2017, 2:18:21 AM

Please help! I have a Toshiba Satellite S55-C5274 with an Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500 graphics card. I saw that I needed an AMD 5800 Series or Nvidia 550 Ti only after I had bought the game. I am having trouble. The game starts, but then crashes... I don't know how to fix the problem.... Please help? It crashes right after the little SEGA video. I am unaware as to how I add the other requirements asked of me.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 16, 2017, 2:33:53 AM
HunterRowe wrote:

Please help! I have a Toshiba Satellite S55-C5274 with an Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500 graphics card. I saw that I needed an AMD 5800 Series or Nvidia 550 Ti only after I had bought the game. I am having trouble. The game starts, but then crashes... I don't know how to fix the problem.... Please help? It crashes right after the little SEGA video. I am unaware as to how I add the other requirements asked of me.

Intel cards are unsupported. 

You can try ot update your video drivers. But taht does not guarantee the game will work.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 12:27:04 AM
inflatablemouse wrote:

Game crashes on loading, after the loading bar with the dialog "...has stopped working".

Files you asked for:

DxDiag.txt

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2017_01_25 @2053_57__.html

Diagnostics - 2017_01_25 @2054_54__.html

Diagnostics - 2017_01_26 @2059_51__.html

Diagnostics - 2017_01_26 @2120_41__.html

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

It looks like the Nvidia driver crashed the game. I woudl go with

1) Clean unisntall of Nvidia drivers

2) REBOOT

3) Install latest Nvidia drivers

4) REBOOT

Also it looks like you have Asus Sonar. I have seen some issues with users having problems with audio enhancement programs like Nahimic, Sonic Studio, Asus Strix. So maybe look into that too

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 28, 2017, 9:45:46 AM
satoru wrote:
inflatablemouse wrote:

Game crashes on loading, after the loading bar with the dialog "...has stopped working".

Files you asked for:

DxDiag.txt

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Diagnostics - 2017_01_25 @2053_57__.html

Diagnostics - 2017_01_25 @2054_54__.html

Diagnostics - 2017_01_26 @2059_51__.html

Diagnostics - 2017_01_26 @2120_41__.html

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

It looks like the Nvidia driver crashed the game. I woudl go with

1) Clean unisntall of Nvidia drivers

2) REBOOT

3) Install latest Nvidia drivers

4) REBOOT

Also it looks like you have Asus Sonar. I have seen some issues with users having problems with audio enhancement programs like Nahimic, Sonic Studio, Asus Strix. So maybe look into that too

Thanks.

I uninstalled and cleaned with the driver removal tool from Guru3D.

I reinstalled the latest driver and physix option as I don't need all that other bloat from Nvidia.

I do not use audio enhancement programs like Nahimic, Sonic Studio, Asus Strix.

First launch from the Steam client the game crashed as before, but left no logs.

When I double clicked the executable, it actually launched and I was able to play my first game.

I don't have time right now to try anything else, I hope it will just work from Steam too.

Thanks for the help!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 29, 2017, 3:27:22 PM

I'm  tad surprised it runs directly from the executable but not from steam

I'd try running steam as an admin and see if launching from steam then works

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 29, 2017, 6:51:14 PM
satoru wrote:

I'm  tad surprised it runs directly from the executable but not from steam

I'd try running steam as an admin and see if launching from steam then works

Thanks. It works because I run it as administrator, I had tried the compatibility settings and run as admin in the exe properties. Forgot I tried that before.

When I run Steam as administrator, it launches and I can start a game, but it still crashed after choosing the faction etc.

I have attached the logs in the zip file:

Logs

Hopefully it will give some insight into what is the problem here. I'm dying to give it a swirl :P.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment