Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Poor Ship Models.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 6:57:07 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
also the Cravers don't actually sit in their ships, the flying bugs are the cravers.....so their ships are really just flying surf boards!

Really?! I didnt know that. I have been wondering for ages what they were!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 7:12:58 PM
You could always tweek it yourself, submit your versions to them so they have a better idea of what your refering to. As for the boxiness that is a common trend in most space films, TV shows and games. Examples would be Babylon 5, Nexus, Gemini Wars, and Sins of a Solar Empire. Plus if you watch the trailers most battles involve broadsides which would explain the more flattened sides (gives you more room for guns). We hold ourselves closer to real world mechanics, than an alien races.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 9:06:11 PM
darkcommanderq wrote:
I know most of the art is already done, and this probably wont change anything. But am I the only one who things every ship model but the Sophons looks bad?

Not just you... I also find all ships but Sophons' look ridiculous and ugly.

At least of the present factions. The Pilgrim ships look awesome, what little I've seen of Amoeba seem interesting at least, and I haven't seen Sowers yet, but as a technological race, they might be quite cool!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 9:12:12 PM
The pictures of the sowers you have seen are both them, and their ships.....becuse they are reapers of creation....so...sowers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 3:20:08 AM
stevenmc409 wrote:
The pilgrims are my favorite ship models now Sophon mixed with UE just looks cool.
They are quite swanky.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 7:08:03 AM
craigbic wrote:
I think the ship models are fine the way they are now. Blocky models? Look at cars today - Nissan Cube, Scion xB, Mercedes G Class, or Kia Soul.

I dont think this is the correct way to defend the current ship models. By comparing them to current uninspired cars of today you are basically agreeing with me that they are lack luster atm. We are talking about giant war ships with thousands of crew that are playing an epic role is changing the lives of millions of citizens, not the family "star sedan" for a family visit to a moon.

Let me give you guys some visuals so you understand what im talking about a bit more. Cause I know I sound like a total troll right now, and thats not really what my goal is hear.

The united earth corvette is actually one of my favorite ship models in this game. why? Because it reminds of a lot of warhammer 40k.

The UE Corvette has personality to it. It has that "boat" feeling going for it, while at the same time looking like a bad ass with those gun ports on the side.

The United Earth Cruiser on the other hand frankly looks like a brick. I realize that making 3D models is a time consuming processes and I am basically shitting over some ones hard work when I say this, but it just looks like crap. Now that is not to say the whole model should be deleted because it dose have promise. Take a look at an Aircraft Carrier and then check out how in the Avengers the Air born version of that was retrofitted.

Its totally possible to take something that is bland and spice it up. In this example all they really did is add giant propellers to the sides and they did a bunch of work on the bottom for the active camo thing. (if you saw the movie).

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment