logo amplifiers simplified

Vote, Sheredyn should get their own Fighters and Bombers in the Expansion pack

Yes! They should have their own Fighters and Bombers
What? Why? What are you talking about?
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 2:23:35 PM
I think that Sheredyn need to have separate bonuses and ship designs because they are a whole different faction and should betreated as such. If i wanted to play the UE i would choose them not the sheredyn.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 11:48:31 AM
Jaawa wrote:
I umm, I don't know if that's a compliment or a jest? smiley: biggrin
Yes. It's kind of both.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 11:06:29 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well they do have a evil intelligence agency, warrior cast, interstellar corporation, cult, royal guard feel to them.

Yes indeed, that makes for a very cool foundation, to basically put in any kind of twist, a really big twist, on them smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 2:49:32 PM
Well they do have a evil intelligence agency, warrior cast, interstellar corporation, cult, royal guard feel to them.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 1:46:56 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
What are they? The brotherhood of ultra science?

Well I tried to be original on the fly and came up with the name mentioned in that ..ehh speech(?); The Mindblades of Sheredyn. But quick googling shows me that such a name seems to be in all of the games I have never played, so I guess I should come up with a better name for them. I only wrote that stuff as a kind of a joke, but now I'm thinking I could probably make the concept of a "Sciency Sheredyn"-faction into a really unique one. Not only the lore but full fledged visual styles and themes too.

But yeah, I was all of a sudden inspired to put a different kind of twist on the Sheredyn, as everybody has been talking about how they would differ from the original UE. I like the main concept of being the elite warrior faction, but then again, they're a full faction kinda, it would be weird if they were all just that, elite warriors. I'd say they could easily be just as much the progeny of cutting edge science and academia, as they are of war and politics. Throw in a kind of religious fervor, and you might just brew something interesting if you take it far enough.

I have to think about this more, I might start a development thread for them if I can manage to flesh them all out and produce a worthy proof of concept with assorted imagery and art styles smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 12:28:43 PM
What are they? The brotherhood of ultra science?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 12:23:57 PM
Nasarog wrote:
Reads like Dimmu Borgir lyrics. On a side note, how did I spell that right on my first try? weird.

I umm, I don't know if that's a compliment or a jest? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 5, 2013, 9:43:35 PM
Well the sheredyn have gold coloured ships, and the UE has more white/gray coloured ships.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 11:57:12 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Best way to catch up in science is to make sure no one will ever advance again!

Burn their worlds Nasarog!

Better yet, how about a Sheredyn sub-faction hell-bent on scientific pursuits? A group of fanatic Sheredyn scientists, whom I just made up in a minute (smiley: biggrin); They will never have the need to catch up in science, because they will always tread ahead of others on that road.

"Life for Science! Breath for Truth!

As so you shall be; Ascending Proud

The Pinnacle of Empiric Knowledge

And so you shall be; Pathing Proud

The Way in the Light of Evidence

Let the Defiled scuttle frantic

In the Dark of their Ignorance

Let the Defiled have covetous eyes

Blinded in your Pure Radiance

For you are the Mindblades of Sheredyn

For you are the Emperor's Wisdom

Once again, brethren!

Life for Science!

Breath for Truth!
"
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 11:17:14 AM
Igncom1 wrote:

I wish I could. Instead I am stuck playing footsie with their giant fleets and their massive bankroll, but I am persevering. One day, I will punish those corporate thugs for turning on me.

You hear me???

/shakes fist at monitor
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 11:03:29 AM

0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 10:57:17 AM
stasik28 wrote:
Don't you love those types of games? It adds a higher level of immersion, but it's unusual to have a military focused empire losing to their parent empire O_o
It wasn't, but I think that is changing. I play in huge galaxies with random planets and unbalanced starts. I am pretty sure I got a very poor starting location. Just another opportunity for me to fine-tune my start. I got behind in science, and now I'm just trying to catch up.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 12:55:01 AM
Nasarog wrote:
That's how I play them. I'm in a brutal game now where my U.E. allies turned on me, and I am trying to punish them for it. So far, I'm the one getting "schooled". If things progress like this, I will lose.

Don't you love those types of games? It adds a higher level of immersion, but it's unusual to have a military focused empire losing to their parent empire O_o
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 12:38:33 AM
Jaawa wrote:
Yeah I really like this idea, that a whole civilization based more on a fighting faction style should get ships that are more "fighty". I mean, I think of it as the Sheredyn always having customized their fighters and bombers to be better, using the ingenuity of veteran pilots. Now they have their own faction, they have free reign to improve upon their fighters, because all those boring streamlining empire sanctions are not in place anymore. It would explain nicely how they are otherwise organized and follow the main philosophies of the Emperor, but can now freely maximise their fighting prowess, using their own free ways. Would be cool aye?

That's how I play them. I'm in a brutal game now where my U.E. allies turned on me, and I am trying to punish them for it. So far, I'm the one getting "schooled". If things progress like this, I will lose.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 9:19:28 PM
Yeah I really like this idea, that a whole civilization based more on a fighting faction style should get ships that are more "fighty". I mean, I think of it as the Sheredyn always having customized their fighters and bombers to be better, using the ingenuity of veteran pilots. Now they have their own faction, they have free reign to improve upon their fighters, because all those boring streamlining empire sanctions are not in place anymore. It would explain nicely how they are otherwise organized and follow the main philosophies of the Emperor, but can now freely maximise their fighting prowess, using their own free ways. Would be cool aye?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 2:18:12 AM
Foraven wrote:
Heck, we have paid to have them, there should be a few unique things about them than a new portrait and a short bios. Maybe also some reskined ships with different markings?
Sure, I'm for that. Eventually I'd like each faction/affinity to play uniquely, but that might be a pipe-dream. Oh well, one can wish.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 6:26:50 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Boring to you, I love their texture and would love to see it more.

So you love the fact of they are using the absolute same ship models as the UE and you think that they should stay a clone faction.

Can't argue with that really..

And they can have the brown and gold but why be opposed to them having different fighter/bomber models than the UE I just can't understand.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 5:49:42 PM
Boring to you, I love their texture and would love to see it more.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment