Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Please Increase text font size in game or provide option for players to increase

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 7:22:50 PM
I definitively have to agree! I'm playing with 1680x1050px on a 22" monitor, so with a rather average setting I'd say and the characters are barely 2mm high! Come on Amplitude, we're not falcons with 150% eye-sight! Please please make the text size at least a little adjustable, it would spare me so many headaches!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 7:28:59 PM
prezex wrote:
yeah but when i try scaling the game looks awfully blurry. Everything looks so nice and crisp in 2560x1440 and the only problem is the text size.

dropfish wrote:
i definitively have to agree! I'm playing with 1680x1050px on a 22" monitor, so with a rather average setting i'd say and the characters are barely 2mm high! Come on amplitude, we're not falcons with 150% eye-sight! Please please make the text size at least a little adjustable, it would spare me so many headaches!

10000000% agree!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 7:40:23 PM
Dropfish wrote:
I definitively have to agree! I'm playing with 1680x1050px on a 22" monitor, so with a rather average setting I'd say and the characters are barely 2mm high! Come on Amplitude, we're not falcons with 150% eye-sight! Please please make the text size at least a little adjustable, it would spare me so many headaches!

Basically this, even at 1900x1200 I find the UI and text quite small. I understand alot of info is trying to be shown but it would be nice if the windows scaled with the resolution. Amplitude obviously put in a large amount of time developing the art and I (and I'm sure others) wanna see it in all its glory!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 11:47:20 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one finding this to be a serious problem. I tried to play today but after a short while I was forced to end the session. I've changed the resolution but the blurriness didn't help my headache. I'm starting to feel that I will not be able to enjoy this game because of this UI issue. I think this game is fantastic and I want to play and support it so I really hope that the devs will be able to make the UI/text scalable.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 8:58:57 AM
PrEZeX wrote:
Yeah but when I try scaling the game looks awfully blurry. Everything looks so nice and crisp in 2560x1440 and the only problem is the text size.

Did you try scaling to the ratios I told you about?

Note that ES might auto-change to the closest "allowed" ratio instead (look in the ES settings to see what your resolution is set at), so you'd have to make sure first that you limit your available screen space to a (sub)multiple of the resolution ES chose.

I'm not certain how it can be done outside of an OS emulator like VirtualBox, maybe some screens/graphic cards/graphic drivers/third party programs can allow you to do that...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 9:12:40 AM
BlueTemplar wrote:
Did you try scaling to the ratios I told you about?

Note that ES might auto-change to the closest "allowed" ratio instead (look in the ES settings to see what your resolution is set at), so you'd have to make sure first that you limit your available screen space to a (sub)multiple of the resolution ES chose.

I'm not certain how it can be done outside of an OS emulator like VirtualBox, maybe some screens/graphic cards/graphic drivers/third party programs can allow you to do that...

Yes, I tried your solution and I also tried other resolutions, screen settings and hardware scaling through GPU, but it's still blurry. Beside the blurriness the game graphics are ugly in low resolutions. The only real solution is UI scaling through the game either automatic or via an option (UI size: small, medium, large).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 9:18:21 AM
PrEZeX wrote:
Yes, I tried your solution and I also tried other resolutions, screen settings and hardware scaling through GPU, but it's still blurry. Beside the blurriness the game graphics are ugly in low resolutions. The only real solution is UI scaling through the game either automatic or via an option (UI size: small, medium, large).

Scaling through options is a good idea and I think it should be easier to implement than automatic scaling. Come on Amplitude, give us some (good) answers. smiley: sad
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 10:42:49 AM
Is it so bad? I haven't bought the game yet, but I've seen an LP on youtube and I'm very interested. I have an NEC MultiSync PA271W (2560*1440) and have earlier bought some games that I can't play because of badly scaled interfaces.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 11:01:00 AM
rafael_zaw wrote:
Is it so bad? I haven't bought the game yet, but I've seen an LP on youtube and I'm very interested. I have an NEC MultiSync PA271W (2560*1440) and have earlier bought some games that I can't play because of badly scaled interfaces.

Yes, it is THAT bad. I play at 1920 x 1200 (smaller than your res) and have to move closer to the screen to make text just readable, but it's still headache material - very much agree with the OP and all others posting here on this - please Amplitude make the UI size option bigger given how text heavy this game is with all the layered menus.

I have over 200 hundred other games in my Steam collection - only remember this problem once or twice before and I ended up not playing those because of eye strain it caused with text that is too small for a relaxed viewing.

You better wait and see if Amplitude will change this problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 11:08:38 AM
I must agree with RonaldUS. Don't get me wrong now, I love everything about this game BUT the small GUI is making the game unplayable on high-res monitors. I really hope this will be fixed, I can even pay another copy for it to be fixed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 11:23:33 AM
RonaldUS wrote:
Yes, it is THAT bad. I play at 1920 x 1200 (smaller than your res) and have to move closer to the screen to make text just readable, but it's still headache material - very much agree with the OP and all others posting here on this - please Amplitude make the UI size option bigger given how text heavy this game is with all the layered menus.

I have over 200 hundred other games in my Steam collection - only remember this problem once or twice before and I ended up not playing those because of eye strain it caused with text that is too small for a relaxed viewing.

You better wait and see if Amplitude will change this problem.

Agree! This game was released recently and 1920x1200 or 2560x1440 resolutions are common these days so a scaling option of the UI should have been implemented, especially because this game is so much about reading.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 1:12:12 PM
Not "IF" the developers will fix it, but "WHEN" they going to do it... at least I hope so... smiley: alder
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 25, 2022, 8:44:33 PM

Just started the game and changed resolution to 2560x1440. Text is simply unreadable on 27" WQHD display :(

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment