Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Please Increase text font size in game or provide option for players to increase

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 3:57:44 PM
Dropfish wrote:
Who says that? There's only one guy in this thread who doesn't support the OPs suggestion! smiley: wink Seriously, this issue will certainly not make it to the top of their list but let's just try it and let Amplitude decide. I mean, I'm playing on an average 22" monitor with an average resolution of 1680x1050 and the characters are less than 2mm high, so it's certainly not only a problem of a minority!

Well, maybe you are right, I hope you are... smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 1:14:13 PM
Wr12Teg wrote:
Agree! This game was released recently and 1920x1200 or 2560x1440 resolutions are common these days so a scaling option of the UI should have been implemented, especially because this game is so much about reading.

I wouldn't call 2% of the users as "common". Of course if this doesn't take too much of the dev time that would have been spent fixing other game problems, then why not add a scaling option?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 1:24:38 PM
BlueTemplar wrote:
I wouldn't call 2% of the users as "common". Of course if this doesn't take too much of the dev time that would have been spent fixing other game problems, then why not add a scaling option?

Always the same "you are a minority" bu****it! IF the game doesn't support high resolution displays (and NO it doesn't) then this should be stated in system requirements for this game!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 1:35:33 PM
Wr12Teg wrote:
Always the same "you are a minority" bu****it! IF the game doesn't support high resolution displays (and NO it doesn't) then this should be stated in system requirements for this game!

Well, I don't support your language but I agree that if there are people with high resolution displays out there and the game developers can't support it (make the game playable without aye strain), then it should be stated in the game requirements especially if the game doesn't have a demo. I bought the Emperor Edition just to find out, that I'm not a supported "minority".

And as an answer to the BlueTemplar; This statistic is not 100% accurate and depends on Windows DPI and resolution settings, eg. I run windows in lower resolution and this page show that resolution and not 2560x1440.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 1:38:37 PM

Hey, he's the one that said these resolutions are common! (when they are not)

Sure, adding something like "Work best in resolutions from AxB to CxD" in the system requirements would be a honest thing to do until this is fixed...

I run windows in lower resolution and this page doesn't show 2560x1440.

Why do you do that? I thought that's what DPI was for? Isn't Windows blurry then?

I just don't see many people doing that... (unless maybe if they have no idea what screen resolution is and how LCD's work)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 1:51:19 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
Well, I don't support your language but I agree that if there are people with high resolution displays out there and the game developers can't support it (make the game playable without aye strain), then it should be stated in the game requirements especially if the game doesn't have a demo. I bought the Admiral Edition just to find out, that I'm not a supported "minority".

And as an answer to the BlueTemplar; This statistic is not 100% accurate and depends on Windows DPI and resolution settings, eg. I run windows in lower resolution and this page show that resolution and not 2560x1440.

It's because I'm sick of such people and their comments!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 1:56:51 PM
BlueTemplar wrote:
Hey, he's the one that said these resolutions are common! (when they are not)

Sure, adding something like "Work best in resolutions from AxB to CxD" in the system requirements would be a honest thing to do until this is fixed...

Why do you do that? I thought that's what DPI was for? Isn't Windows blurry then?

I just don't see many people doing that... (unless maybe if they have no idea what screen resolution is and how LCD's work)

Ok, I didn't make myself clear here. I should have written "IF/WHEN I run windows in lower resolution [...]" as to prove that this page is not 100% accurate. I myself use DPI settings. And yes, all other resolutions apart from my screens native resolution make everything blurry.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 2:02:20 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
Well, I don't support your language but I agree that if there are people with high resolution displays out there and the game developers can't support it (make the game playable without aye strain), then it should be stated in the game requirements especially if the game doesn't have a demo. I bought the Admiral Edition just to find out, that I'm not a supported "minority".

I agree with you there!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 2:16:41 PM
I just bought FTL from Steam and the game with it's menu scales perfectly on my monitor despite it being an indie game. In your face Blizzard...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 2:51:36 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
I just bought FTL from Steam and the game with it's menu scales perfectly on my monitor despite it being an indie game. In your face Blizzard...

So it IS possible to be better than Blizzard! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 3:24:24 PM
Ok, I think this topic is important and popular enough to be shown to the devs. I've contacted the OP the other day but it seems that he left us already month ago (probably died from a major headache attack after playing ES), so I will put it into the "summary of suggestions" thread. Btw, is a poll mandatory for every suggestion, does anyone know?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 3:29:40 PM
Dropfish wrote:
Ok, I think this topic is important and popular enough to be shown to the devs. I've contacted the OP the other day but it seems that he left us already month ago (probably died from a major headache attack after playing ES), so I will put it into the "summary of suggestions" thread. Btw, is a poll mandatory for every suggestion, does anyone know?

I think it's a splendid idea Dropfish. Sadly, I don't think the poll will help us because, as you surely read, the general view is that we are a minority and so are our problems. I really hope though that the devs will look into this and give us the chance to enjoy this game in all its glory.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 3:54:05 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
...the general view is that we are a minority and so are our problems.

Who says that? There's only one guy in this thread who doesn't support the OPs suggestion! smiley: wink Seriously, this issue will certainly not make it to the top of their list but let's just try it and let Amplitude decide. I mean, I'm playing on an average 22" monitor with an average resolution of 1680x1050 and the characters are less than 2mm high, so it's certainly not only the problem of a minority!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 3:16:39 PM
This would be a good addition.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 4:06:17 PM
Dropfish is right! I'm running at 1980x1020 and have difficulty reading the text and seeing all the small icons. This IS a problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 4:44:03 PM
Yeah, maybe people will understand how it feels to play on 2560x1440 when UI is small even at 1680x1050 or 1980x1020...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 4:47:57 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
Yeah, maybe people will understand how it feels to play on 2560x1440 when UI is small even at 1680x1050 or 1980x1020...

... I don't even want to imagine how small that it! smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 5:44:24 PM
All right guys, as anticipated jetkar asked for a poll to see if enough people support this idea. I've created a poll here so please use it. According to the forum regulations, it must run for at least 7 days and we need a minimun of 10 people supporting our idea to overcome the first hurdle.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment