Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 6:42:35 PM
This probably isn't possible at this point, but weapons having actual models and being shown on ships instead of shots just being fired out to give the ships more detail and uniqueness.

When you're in the star system menu that shows the planets , should remove the tilt that happens when you go to arrows on the left and right when you go to another one of your systems.

The AI opponents actually given names instead of being called [AI]#1,2 etc..

Different galaxy events to occur like perhaps asteroids/comets that can pass by and block star lanes for a turn or more until it passes by along with maybe something along the same lines with black holes as well would be cool too since they are abundant in the universe be lame to not have them in the game!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 9:18:29 PM
jetkar wrote:
Some or all your suggestion have already been raised and are listed on summary list

I disagree. I looked through this and the tracking thread before I posted and I saw nothing talking about the addition of changing planet names to the game (but I do see a misprint calling systems planets), nor do I see anything about reordering planets in a more realistic fashion and including penalties to terraform in unnatural zones relative to the star. I do see a little about inciting rebellion, but my idea is separate from any espionage system, although has extra implications should a espionage expansion be released.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 9:42:13 PM
SomethingBlue wrote:
I disagree. I looked through this and the tracking thread before I posted and I saw nothing talking about the addition of changing planet names to the game ...

Keeping up this thread is a lot of work. Jetkar said "some or all of your suggestions", which is correct. To make it a little less work for him, as suggested in the first post of this thread, please create a separate thread which contains just your new suggestions. Spreading out the work of detecting duplicates gives him more time to keep the thread up to date.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 10:07:04 PM
That is what I am saying; they are all new suggestions. The Rebellion suggestions can be linked to espionage, but my idea is self contained without espionage and has not been outlined. This is the first time I have ever heard of a forum wanting redundant thread creation.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 1:18:11 AM
SomethingBlue wrote:
That is what I am saying; they are all new suggestions. The Rebellion suggestions can be linked to espionage, but my idea is self contained without espionage and has not been outlined. This is the first time I have ever heard of a forum wanting redundant thread creation.

You summarized the new suggestions afterwards though. The request simply was to put the new suggestions you afterwards mentioned...
SomethingBlue wrote:
I disagree. I looked through this and the tracking thread before I posted and I saw nothing talking about the addition of changing planet names to the game (but I do see a misprint calling systems planets), nor do I see anything about reordering planets in a more realistic fashion and including penalties to terraform in unnatural zones relative to the star. I do see a little about inciting rebellion, but my idea is separate from any espionage system, although has extra implications should a espionage expansion be released.
... into a new thread and link that one here. Not to make redundant threads, and nothing else.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 1:29:18 AM
All of my suggestions were original. There is no reason to make a new thread, Just link the current completely original suggestion into the summary. The espionage - rebellion implications are completely different than anything else mentioned anyway. It would be completely redundant to create a new thread copying my suggestions with mention of espionage taken out. Now, ask that I edit out the part about espionage and its different, but I am still adamant that part of the idea is not covered under any current suggestion.

The funny thing is, the thread is linked to espionage and "incite rebellion" says that the idea was already suggested.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:13:59 AM
SomethingBlue wrote:
All of my suggestions were original. There is no reason to make a new thread, Just link the current completely original suggestion into the summary. The espionage - rebellion implications are completely different than anything else mentioned anyway. It would be completely redundant to create a new thread copying my suggestions with mention of espionage taken out. Now, ask that I edit out the part about espionage and its different, but I am still adamant that part of the idea is not covered under any current suggestion.

The funny thing is, the thread is linked to espionage and "incite rebellion" says that the idea was already suggested.

Hm, I see your point there. The only thing I could come up with now is making seperate threads for the different suggestions and I agree that's not exactly cool. I suppose you could show your point better with just making a one sentence summary for all suggestions, so that Jetkar can add the suggestions in different places into the summary list and all entries link to the same, your already posted, suggestion thread.

As for myself I have another new suggestion, even if it is something for the distant future. Make books about the story and the lore of Endless Space, maybe start with a competition when the late beta or the early release is there:

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11869-suggestion-endless-space-books
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 3:33:08 AM
Damao wrote:
May be too difficult,but ground fighting could be interesting and spying,could allow to steal technologies...

I agree with Damao and think that espionage would be an awesome addition to the game. I like the idea of assuming some risk of getting caught and angering another faction for the chance to gain intel on their colonies, sabotage their building efforts, or better still a chance at stealing one of their researched technologies. Perhaps certain heros (expensive ones) could be useful as spies and/or have an espionage characteristic and, if caught, could face possible execution (you lose them) or imprisonment (you lose their use for a length of turns) by the opposing faction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 4:33:01 AM
jetkar wrote:
After checking a similar suggestion has been added to the summary list under Game Play > General > Detailed Players Report

I agree Detailed Players Report do sums up the game with graphs and all but actually my suggestion was really focused on the map you can see which shows what happened in the game in a CIV4 style. I'm just pointing the difference with the two topics of course and if you judge it is not relevant I won't argue with that smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 9:29:15 AM
I would - a timelapse animated map with key events highlighted is quite different than a score/graph screen.

It's nice to see what you missed in the game - last game i had on huge galaxy I was at war vs 3 AIs, didnt meet the sophons till around turn100 - with the animated map i could see where they started, how they expanded, their war success etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 4:49:55 PM
Applies to version 0.30.3 (great work with the new update!):

* There should be an alert/popup when you forgot to set a production goal on a planet (because there are two possible defaults: conversion to dust and conversion to science)

* It should not be possible to add production goals after "Conversion to Dust/Research", because the conversion takes infinite time, so the rest is not used at all
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:23:30 PM
I wouldn't mind if the conversion to dust/science just automatically moved down to the lowest space on the list. That way I can build things as they're unlocked, but set my planets to default to converting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 8:27:56 PM
Rather than having these production items for ind->dust and ind->sci at all, we should have one global slider which allocates all overflow production to either dust or science. So with one gesture, I could change my entire empire from 100% dust to 100% sci. This is my #1 request. There is an indirect link to this on the main suggestion thread, "UI - Empire wide Research/ Production Enhancer" which points here:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13472-composite-suggestion-enhanced-ui-and-management-options

Underneath that is my request.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 9:17:02 PM
davea - i like your idea, basically hiding a switchable ind->dust/sci at the end of every system queue.

to avoid confusion here my idea was for changing all 'planet exploitations' on a system / multiple systems at once.

both are valid suggestions for these 2 seperate functions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:03:21 PM
MC8192 wrote:
davea - i like your idea, basically hiding a switchable ind->dust/sci at the end of every system queue.

No, the idea is to have *one* global slider for your entire empire.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:09:28 PM
Would the global slider still involve any sort of system-scale effect?

Like, are you saying you'd rather have a way to allocate X% of your excess production to either dust or science, but without the effect of it curtailing any building in a system?

Because part of the strategic impact at the moment is that having a high-production planet pump dust/science means you can't use it to bolster fleets. Having a global slider would lessen that, I feel.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:39:46 PM
Durandal4532 wrote:
Like, are you saying you'd rather have a way to allocate X% of your excess production to either dust or science, but without the effect of it curtailing any building in a system?.

Maybe the idea is not clear. (1) Remove the ind->sci and ind->dust choices in the system production queue. (2) At the end of each turn, count up the total production from systems which either had no production queue, or finished their queue and had some overflow. (3) Allocate a percentage of this production to science and the rest to dust, depending on the global slider.

This does not change the behavior of individual systems at all. Right now if I want to change from science focus to dust focus, I have to go perform 5 or 6 clicks on each system that has one of the ind->sci or ind->dust sliders. If I want to get 100% science or 100% dust, it is not that hard, just time-consuming. If I want 50/50 sci/dust, I would have to do calculations to figure out these 4 systems should do sci and these 8 systems should do dust. A single slider makes all that clicking go away.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
eXorZist wrote:
I agree Detailed Players Report do sums up the game with graphs and all but actually my suggestion was really focused on the map you can see which shows what happened in the game in a CIV4 style. I'm just pointing the difference with the two topics of course and if you judge it is not relevant I won't argue with that smiley: wink

Sorry I have not been respond to you earlier. All I was pointing out is your suggestion is similar. However its up to Dev team how they interpret that and deliver it to us. I must remind everyone that they are also monitoring this thread and will take on what everyone suggests. All I will say to everyone with suggestion inspire them with detail, passion and execution.smiley: smile But dont waffle whch i still find smiley: frown
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment