Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:01:10 PM
idolord wrote:
mission system

Interesting suggestion but the game already incompasses this you create your mission, wars and etc. However if you want quests this has been suggested.

neutral colonie

A similar suggestion has already been suggested and submitted to summary list which include neutral colonies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:02:48 PM
Cimex1105 wrote:
The ability to create games with random factions found here.

And some suggestions using system hangar for repairing and retrofitting ships found here.

Both these suggestion have been suggested and listed on summary list
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 9:46:20 AM
In addition to my Pirate Faction Proposal and the Universal Go-To Proposal from the previous page; here is a another one, this one with a 7Day Poll which I will post a reminder on its completion:

Team Settings Game Pre-Defines for SP and MP play. Details are linked here
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 8:26:28 PM
Is it possible to retrofit a ship to another "kind" of ship in the same class? Like a dropdown menu where the ship design can be selected (within the same class)?

Fleet summary page. Is it possible to show how many ships exsists in the particular type on the design window?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 11:42:44 AM
Other suggestions following beta release and already captured here:

Diplomatic stuff:

- diplomatic notifications: when other factions make you an offer you should be able to modify terms, i.e. if another faction comes begging for a ceasefire the available options shouldn't just be "accept" and "refuse", but instead you should be able to accept strict terms such as a system or dust or technology etc...

- recognition of one's own disposition: other factions should recognize when they should give in to a demand... in most games the AI tends to be arrogant and never realize when it should give in and then makes demands even though it only holds a single system and I'm dominating the galaxy...

- harsher penalties: how come other factions can get away with constantly offering me ceasefires and then breaking them again? Same with breaking alliances. There should be harsh faction/diplomatic penalties for such erratic behaviour.

System view stuff:

- get rid of the planet tilt/angle thing, it's unnecessary

- why can gas planets not be terraformed? If I can turn a lava planet into an ocean world than surely I can "de-gas" a gas planet or something like that...

- asteroid fields: I somehow think one should be able to something with asteroid fields along the lines of well not terraforming but some kind of option should be there, otherwise they are simply not that special, which is sad.

- atmospherics: I'm loving the new planet view which shows the colonization effort. However, it would be great if traffic could be enhanced (like in star wars with long lines of ships zooming across the planets) and to show storms, siege and battle damage (charred patches, fires, black smoke clouds etc... these details are important because they enhance the sensation of it all being real!

Galaxy view stuff:

- when moving cursor over the planet/fleet of another faction, it reads something along the lines of "CRAVERS ([AI] #4)", which is unnecessary info. Instead perhaps replace this with a diplomatic info, such as "CRAVERS (enemies)", or "CRAVERS (neutral->)" ... an arrow could show whether relations are improving or worsening.

- when zooming out in galaxy view the system names etc should fade out before the territorial borders do, making it possible to view the galaxy with only the territorial colours visible... a sight to behold for sure
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 7:35:54 PM
Make accomplished moon surveys visible in system view somehow. Right now i have to visit every planet in every system to check it.

Maybe add a tiny outpost in the moon's orbit.

(sorry if this was suggested already)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 9:22:10 AM
Playable Pirate Faction Linked Here

7th Day Poll Results:

44 Responses

19 Yes

15 Maybe

3 No

7 Unsure

The Pirates have spoken! Yarrrrrrr! smiley: twisted
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:16:24 PM
n18991c wrote:
Other suggestions following beta release and already captured here:

Diplomatic stuff:

- diplomatic notifications: when other factions make you an offer you should be able to modify terms, i.e. if another faction comes begging for a ceasefire the available options shouldn't just be "accept" and "refuse", but instead you should be able to accept strict terms such as a system or dust or technology etc...

- recognition of one's own disposition: other factions should recognize when they should give in to a demand... in most games the AI tends to be arrogant and never realize when it should give in and then makes demands even though it only holds a single system and I'm dominating the galaxy...

- harsher penalties: how come other factions can get away with constantly offering me ceasefires and then breaking them again? Same with breaking alliances. There should be harsh faction/diplomatic penalties for such erratic behaviour.

System view stuff:

- get rid of the planet tilt/angle thing, it's unnecessary

- why can gas planets not be terraformed? If I can turn a lava planet into an ocean world than surely I can "de-gas" a gas planet or something like that...

- asteroid fields: I somehow think one should be able to something with asteroid fields along the lines of well not terraforming but some kind of option should be there, otherwise they are simply not that special, which is sad.

- atmospherics: I'm loving the new planet view which shows the colonization effort. However, it would be great if traffic could be enhanced (like in star wars with long lines of ships zooming across the planets) and to show storms, siege and battle damage (charred patches, fires, black smoke clouds etc... these details are important because they enhance the sensation of it all being real!

Galaxy view stuff:

- when moving cursor over the planet/fleet of another faction, it reads something along the lines of "CRAVERS ([AI] #4)", which is unnecessary info. Instead perhaps replace this with a diplomatic info, such as "CRAVERS (enemies)", or "CRAVERS (neutral->)" ... an arrow could show whether relations are improving or worsening.

- when zooming out in galaxy view the system names etc should fade out before the territorial borders do, making it possible to view the galaxy with only the territorial colours visible... a sight to behold for sure

Alot of your suggestions have been suggested and listed on summary list. As well as that balancing issues currently being undertaken by Dev Team for the matter you and others have raised.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:17:40 PM
Bsycho wrote:
Make accomplished moon surveys visible in system view somehow. Right now i have to visit every planet in every system to check it.

Maybe add a tiny outpost in the moon's orbit.

(sorry if this was suggested already)

A similar suggestion covering this has been suggested and listed on summary list
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:26:55 PM
Dr_Mox wrote:
Playable Pirate Faction Linked Here

7th Day Poll Results:

44 Responses

19 Yes

15 Maybe

3 No

7 Unsure

The Pirates have spoken! Yarrrrrrr! smiley: twisted

This has been added to summary list under Game Play > General > Pirate Faction.

However you need to be aware Dev Team has already created all the selected the races and one custom race for you to create in game. They may not be inclined to create a Faction Pirate race. As the pirates are meant to be minor race in game created from internal and external politics to cause some problem to your empire that you normally need to address while you extend your conquest.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment