Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 8:16:00 PM
My current suggestions are :

1. About planetary tilting in system view: Holding Ctrl to stop tilting when you move people from planet to planet.

2. About Population silhoutte icons : Little faces maybe in the chosen colour of the player.

This way the player that invaded a planet could have a visual represantation of the enemy population beeing converted and/or replaced (if there could be such an option) to his race's colours or faces.

Speaking of which, a recently acquired enemy system of lets say Sophons could confer its bonuses and/or penalties to the empire for that system only if the player chooses not to commit genocide. But I admit that this could also require some community feedback.

3. About diplomacy screen : A throne room artwork diplomatic contact as the backround. That thought came to me when I saw the artwork for UE and Horatio throne rooms

http://i.imgur.com/Gfn2M.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7iRKI.jpg
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 8:13:35 AM
@Jetkar, Sorry for long time to post back (finally found the reply to mine)

I'd like to see an "evolving event system" , I simply used pirates as an example ignore them as they aren't the main idea the intended idea was a system where random events grow and evolve overtime rather than a one off thing that pops up now and then over and over...

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12521-suggestion-escalating-events

Not trying to spam, linking it here would be easier than sifting through this huge thread...

Thanks again man! Keep up the good work..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 12:21:17 PM
jetkar wrote:
A similar suggestions has been suggested and listed on the summary list under Game Play > General > Realistic Representation

Oh! Didn't see that! However i hope that doesn't mean my suggestion isn't taken into consideration at all. Even added some softcoding samples and there is some active discussion as well. smiley: smile

With best regards!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 8:53:08 PM
tscott wrote:
I'd like to see an end-game cumulative score graphs showing each competitor's score in each area over time. Maybe it's there and I missed it?

Also, keeping track of these numbers would allow for awesome diplomacy options, such as spying on each score value (tech, military, economy, etc.) for each opponent and succeeding or failing; all with appropriate techs for counter-measures and bonuses. One might even imagine adding options to each score category to "Posturing", "Honesty" and "Concealment" to affect the diplomacy-related actions of one's opponents. Thus, I could "conceal" military from my opponent's spies, thus encouraging their action vis-a-vis what they "see" as a low military. Same for economics, technology, etc. If you track not just the absolute scores, but the rates of change, then you could build a fairly simple yet dynamically sophisticated mechanism for reacting to opponents score values over time. Part of a given race's characteristics might even entail predispositions to reactions to increasing/decreasing or stronger/weaker values for opponent's scores in each area.

In summary, tracking each domain's scores over time would open up a world of possibilities for diplomacy, intrigue, lying, spying and wonderful AI tweaks (as well as player disinformation etc.). It's far more valuable than just end-game score.

I wanted to make a thread about this, but it was already in the list of suggestions.

First of all, I would love to see more detailed stats at the end of the game. For instance, a breakdown of FIDS, population, morale, no. of planets controlled, no. of systems controlled, military strength, etc would be nice to see. And not just the final scores, but see the progression throughout the game for all the factions.

The score at the moment feels meaningless to me because it's not really obvious what it's based on.

For espionage, I like the idea of recruiting a hero with espionage abilities, and then assigning them to an enemy system that you have already scouted (the same way you assign a hero to manage one of your own systems). As the hero levels, you can add skills that allow them to perform certain actions e.g. telling them to report military movements means you can see a Detection bubble around the system where they are located, and the diameter of the bubble is dependent on the level of the "report military movments" skill. And so on and so forth.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 9:03:10 PM
rappTor7 wrote:
Oh! Didn't see that! However i hope that doesn't mean my suggestion isn't taken into consideration at all. Even added some softcoding samples and there is some active discussion as well. smiley: smile

With best regards!

Don't assume Dev Team ignore your suggestions they do take interest if you inspire them. Every suggestion made here whether or not its accepted or listed is an inspiration!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 9:15:20 PM
Campana wrote:
The score at the moment feels meaningless to me because it's not really obvious what it's based on.

TBH I think by accident you have an idea to work and can be debated further
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 10:12:21 PM
jetkar wrote:
Don't assume Dev Team ignore your suggestions they do take interest if you inspire them. Every suggestion made here whether or not its accepted or listed is an inspiration!!

Thank you for your clarification. Very nice to hear that! smiley: approval
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 4:20:24 PM
rappTor7 wrote:
Thank you for your clarification. Very nice to hear that! smiley: approval

Just updated the thread of ideas we are tracking in the sticky. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login