Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 30, 2012, 4:26:48 AM
Mainly i would like to promote my idea of non-mandatory sub-branches to the tech tree. You can research them, but you don't need them to advance to a higher level in the tree, you just improve on a technology you know. Cheaper upgrades for ships/buildings and so forth included but still a better performance for the individual item. Read yourself in more detail.

/#/endless-space/forum/27-general/thread/8571-several-things-that-come-to-mind
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 1, 2012, 6:28:54 PM
demalion wrote:
I forgot to mention a brief suggestion to allow the zoom slider gadget to fade-in on usage/mouse-over and fade-out after delay. In other words, "context visibility", where any zoom action or passing the mouse over it makes it opaque, and it fades to some level of transparency otherwise, after a suitable delay.

Interesting suggestion but needs further debate with a poll to see the community interest before we can submit it for the Dev Team consideration.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 1, 2012, 6:35:33 PM
CXZman wrote:
Hi there. New suggestion

"End of turn" screen to display global infos (good use of waiting time) : /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12004-end-of-turn-screen-to-broadcast-infos

Interesting suggestion however this needs to be debated by the community with a poll before I can add for the Dev Team consideration. As I personally feel alot of gamers have mixed opinions about what happens "end of turn".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 1, 2012, 6:43:47 PM
Golgota wrote:
Mainly i would like to promote my idea of non-mandatory sub-branches to the tech tree. You can research them, but you don't need them to advance to a higher level in the tree, you just improve on a technology you know. Cheaper upgrades for ships/buildings and so forth included but still a better performance for the individual item. Read yourself in more detail.

/#/endless-space/forum/27-general/thread/8571-several-things-that-come-to-mind

Thank you for your suggestion however a number of ideas you have have raised been suggested. With regard to Non-mandatory tech tree and from what I can gather from Dev Team they would not consider this. As Tech tree have a relevance to the races technological gains.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 1, 2012, 7:23:09 PM
jetkar wrote:
Interesting suggestion however this needs to be debated by the community with a poll before I can add for the Dev Team consideration. As I personally feel alot of gamers have mixed opinions about what happens "end of turn".

Ok no problem, I'll update the topic with a poll, although I'm not sure what would be the question of said poll. I don't really think we are to debate what informations should the devs show us. It certainly strongly depends on what gamedesigners have in mind concerning what is and what is not OK to show the players.

Or maybe should we debate on the usefulness of that screen before opening one topic for each "end of screen" type.

What do you think ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 1, 2012, 8:46:00 PM
CXZman wrote:
Ok no problem, I'll update the topic with a poll, although I'm not sure what would be the question of said poll. I don't really think we are to debate what informations should the devs show us. It certainly strongly depends on what gamedesigners have in mind concerning what is and what is not OK to show the players.

Or maybe should we debate on the usefulness of that screen before opening one topic for each "end of screen" type.

What do you think ?

I am not asking you to debate what Dev team should show the gamer. Its what the gamer wants or not. Personally I dont want it and if it had the option I would disable it. But I want you to get the communities thoughts on it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 2:31:26 AM
/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12029-no-attack-intercept-colonize-invade-blockade-without-scout

The proposal, which is aimed at making scouting actually relevant, contains the following elements.

1) Remove default vision from all ships, including the ability to scan systems.

2) Add detection to scout modules and empire influence radius.

3) Change scout modules from "+X sight distance" to "X detection distance".

4) Add detection 1 to pirate ships.

5) Render all fleets invisible to a faction unless subject to detection by that faction.

6) Invisible fleets cannot be attacked or intercepted.

7) Unoccupied/enemy systems outside a faction's detection radius may not be blockaded, colonized, or invaded.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 3:00:23 AM
/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12272-suggestion-double-missile-rof-halve-missile-damage

1) Reduce missile damage by 50%.

2) Increase missile rate of fire by 100%.

3) Reduce missile flight time by one round.

4) Modify flak? (see below)

Under the proposed changes, missiles would fire in rounds 1 and 3, and strike their targets in rounds 2 and 4. Now, I'm not 100% sure if this also requires flak to be altered slightly, since I don't know if flak affects missiles in flight turns or just on the impact turn.

A large part of almost any fleet's defence revolves around killing enemy ships to remove sources of damage. The exception to this is missiles, which fire in round 1 but don't kill anything until round 3, leaving all other weapons on both sides to grind down the fleets, and many missiles are wasted because the target is already destroyed. Doubling missile rate of fire reduces the likelihood of wasted missiles, and maintains their flavour as powerful, slow weapons while discarding the "all-or-nothing" feel that they have now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 11:54:45 AM
Two suggestions.

Colony management. One item I would like is to have the columns totaled so I can more easily understand the effect of a new tax rate on my empire.

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...ow-title-level

When prompted by the Combat window to choose manual or automatic combat resolution please add a third for retreat. Simple really, many times that is all I want it to do and loading the combat screen is a waste of time if all I will select is retreat

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...Retreat-button
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 6:17:50 PM
Jesse3G wrote:
How about the option to right click a system or planet to flag it.

An added benefit to flagging something is to have an option to write notes with the flag or use a couple flag colors to cycle through with different purposes.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12050-suggestion-ui-flags-notes

[Suggestion-Lore/Campaign
Abandon a path to victory to achieve another purpose.

Fill in the gaps to dust storyline, pirates, and playable-class lore.

Unlock achievements and new features.

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...-Lore-Campaign

Suggestion - Game Balance / Tech-Tree
Suggestion for developing strategy specific Tech-Tree skill options.

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...ance-Tech-Tree

Since all your suggestions are with polls you need to allow 7 days for community views of your ideas b4 being submitted on summary list for Dev teams consideration
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 6:20:14 PM
Shivetya wrote:
Two suggestions.

Colony management. One item I would like is to have the columns totaled so I can more easily understand the effect of a new tax rate on my empire.

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...ow-title-level

When prompted by the Combat window to choose manual or automatic combat resolution please add a third for retreat. Simple really, many times that is all I want it to do and loading the combat screen is a waste of time if all I will select is retreat

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...Retreat-button

Firstly please correct your links as they are broken.

Secondly Colony management and Taxation has been heavily debated and suggested and is currently being considered by Dev Team
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment