Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 6:23:57 PM
Kreios wrote:
/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12272-suggestion-double-missile-rof-halve-missile-damage

1) Reduce missile damage by 50%.

2) Increase missile rate of fire by 100%.

3) Reduce missile flight time by one round.

4) Modify flak? (see below)

Under the proposed changes, missiles would fire in rounds 1 and 3, and strike their targets in rounds 2 and 4. Now, I'm not 100% sure if this also requires flak to be altered slightly, since I don't know if flak affects missiles in flight turns or just on the impact turn.

A large part of almost any fleet's defence revolves around killing enemy ships to remove sources of damage. The exception to this is missiles, which fire in round 1 but don't kill anything until round 3, leaving all other weapons on both sides to grind down the fleets, and many missiles are wasted because the target is already destroyed. Doubling missile rate of fire reduces the likelihood of wasted missiles, and maintains their flavour as powerful, slow weapons while discarding the "all-or-nothing" feel that they have now.

I recall this has already been suggested and may rest for Player Mod Development
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 5:12:20 AM
A couple of simple changes to the UI that have been touched upon during beta:

1: Assign F1-F6 to the main empire views. (Management, research etc)

2: Allow for quick resolution of space battles, without having to resort to "auto". It becomes tedious to watch the whole thing each time I just want my scout to disengage and escape, for example.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 6:00:42 AM
Sinsect wrote:
A couple of simple changes to the UI that have been touched upon during beta:

1: Assign F1-F6 to the main empire views. (Management, research etc)

2: Allow for quick resolution of space battles, without having to resort to "auto". It becomes tedious to watch the whole thing each time I just want my scout to disengage and escape, for example.

Thank you for your suggestion but both of these have already been suggested and are with the Dev Team to implement
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 2:31:20 PM
/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12431-suggestion-incentives-for-balanced-research

Incentives for Balanced Research

Background:

I've noticed that virtually everyone has an "ideal" research order that looks something like...

Soil Xenobiology/N-Way Fusion Plants

Isolation Shields/Xenology

Xenotbotany/Arid Epigenetics

Compat Fusion Reactors

Neural Robotics

Nonbaryonic Particles

Similarly, in the mid-game, there's a rush for Pervasive Etching, and late game sees a rush for Persistent Construction. Once a player gets each of the corresponding improvements built, they blast through a huge chunk of the tech tree without ever actually using many of the techs (especially in the Galactic Warfare tree). I'd rather a more measured and balanced approach to research where I actually use 90% of the techs I unlock.

Proposal:

Change Magnetic Field Generators, Graviton-Shielded Laboratories, and Anomalies Institute so that they each provide an absolute or percentage bonus to science based on how many complete research tiers the player has completed. By complete research tier, I mean all techs of a given cost, regardless of where they are in the tech trees. For example:

Magnetic Field Generators provide +10 Science per tier.

Graviton-Shielded Laboratories provide +2.5% Science per tier.

Anomalies Institute provides +4% Science per tier.

These figures look a little low at first, but remember that they continue to scale with additional research, which is offset by the fact that you have to research entire tiers to get the full benefit of these improvements in their revised form.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 1:47:28 PM
jetkar wrote:
Dev team have created a sticky thread called and linked here:- Community Suggestions Amplitude is following showing all that are and not being considered for further development

I guess I meant in your post specifically so that we don't have to alt-tab between the two threads to see which ideas were crushed and their links...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 5:54:38 PM
Kreios wrote:
/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12431-suggestion-incentives-for-balanced-research

Incentives for Balanced Research

Background:

I've noticed that virtually everyone has an "ideal" research order that looks something like...

Soil Xenobiology/N-Way Fusion Plants

Isolation Shields/Xenology

Xenotbotany/Arid Epigenetics

Compat Fusion Reactors

Neural Robotics

Nonbaryonic Particles

Similarly, in the mid-game, there's a rush for Pervasive Etching, and late game sees a rush for Persistent Construction. Once a player gets each of the corresponding improvements built, they blast through a huge chunk of the tech tree without ever actually using many of the techs (especially in the Galactic Warfare tree). I'd rather a more measured and balanced approach to research where I actually use 90% of the techs I unlock.

Proposal:

Change Magnetic Field Generators, Graviton-Shielded Laboratories, and Anomalies Institute so that they each provide an absolute or percentage bonus to science based on how many complete research tiers the player has completed. By complete research tier, I mean all techs of a given cost, regardless of where they are in the tech trees. For example:

Magnetic Field Generators provide +10 Science per tier.

Graviton-Shielded Laboratories provide +2.5% Science per tier.

Anomalies Institute provides +4% Science per tier.

These figures look a little low at first, but remember that they continue to scale with additional research, which is offset by the fact that you have to research entire tiers to get the full benefit of these improvements in their revised form.

Interesting suggestion but I feel you need to involve the community with your suggestion by submitting your idea with a poll in order for the Dev Team / Creative Director to consider for further development.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 5:58:11 PM
Jonathon wrote:
The text in the game is incredibly hard to read when playing at the native resolution of my monitor (2560x1440). There needs to be either an option to increase the text size, or an alteration made to the way text and other 2d elements scales with different resolutions.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12450-please-increase-text-font-size-in-game-or-provide-option-for-players-to-increase

A similar suggestion has been suggested and is being considered by the Dev Team.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 6:04:56 PM
Spero42 wrote:
I guess I meant in your post specifically so that we don't have to alt-tab between the two threads to see which ideas were crushed and their links...

I wish I could i do this voluntarily and regretfully I dont have alot of spare time anymore which both the Creative Director, Mods and Dev Team are aware.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 6:08:25 PM
Jesse3G wrote:
For the majority of the time, I would expect to recover the colony spacecraft and reuse it as the population was large enough to colonize another system.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12122-relaunch-colony-spacecraft

Although an interesting suggestion I will have to disagree as the idea was that the resources from the ship would aid in the colonisation of the planet therefore you not able to relaunch the colony ship. However you are open to debate this with the community.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 4:49:05 PM
Sheltim wrote:
Ship designs should show a diff of each stat from the baseline

Since the Poll achievement has not had enough interest by the community I regret this will not be added to summary list at this time. You may wish to debate this on your thread to create more interest by the community of your suggestion.

Preview galaxy at game creation

This has been added to summary list under Interfaces > UI - Preview Galaxy Map
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 4:57:06 PM
kobisteinchen wrote:
Restart option after starting a game

I would like to have that option to be able to load a new galaxy and thus to have a chance to get a better homeplanet quickly.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12147-suggestion-restart-option-after-starting-a-new-game

Interesting suggestion but not sure!. This needs to be debated with a poll to the community before being considered by the Dev Team for further development or inclusion in game
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment