Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:32:25 PM
Channel wrote:
My suggestion and feedback thread, hope it helps.

/#/endless-space/forum/27-general/thread/9297-a-few-suggestion-from-a-long-time-4x-player

Thanks for suggestion since you have submitted a poll I have to allow minimum 7 days to monitor poll at the same time achieving a minimum of 10 votes from the community before the suggestion is placed on summary list for the Creative Director & Dev Team to consider further.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:37:50 PM
A.D. wrote:
Hi! I would like to draw your attention to System Trade instead of Species Trade Now it have more than 10 votes. IMHO, "System Trade instead of Species Trade" will set the whole new level of trading.

TBH AD these will not be added to the summary list as the ideas with the polls did not achieve a minimum of 10 votes within the 7 days of posting the idea. Therefore we take the view the community is not interested in this idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:39:56 PM
Grubsnik wrote:
Proposal to de-clutter the build system improvements - box

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12276-ui-system-view-hide-irrevelant-improvements

I hope I did everything right, thought I doubt I'll get the required amount of votes in just a few hours.

Thanks for a suggestion and looking at polls the community is interested and looks like will be added suumary list once poll completes 7 days.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:43:34 PM
Ganpot wrote:
Here is my long thread of stuff: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11266-discussion-comprehensive-problem-list-with-suggestions.

In summary, my suggestions are as follows (some have probably been asked for before).

1. Make each tech branch more independent, create more end-game functions (and improve the few that exist), and increase the research of basic techs but lower research costs for a branch for every tech owned from that branch.

2. Balance out the weapon/armor/module types and allow ships to target more than a single ship at a time, have players pick cards at the beginning of auto-battles and generally expand the range of card effects, give battlefields (the areas during manual battles) variety by adding environmental hazards and differing conditions, add a secondary card system which deals exclusively with ship movement and positioning, have ship distance be influenced by the ship movement cards and be calculated 9 times in a battle instead of only 3 times, label other factions' colony ships, only assign MP to modules which help with space battles, allow system hangers to be attacked and destroyed, limit the number of ships that can be housed in a hanger, allow scouts to see ships in hangers, don't allow besieged systems to continue building ships, have ships which exit or enter a hanger use up a movement point, allow ships to attack an unlimited amount of times per turn (assuming they have the movement points to do so), don't have systems enter the blockaded state until no friendly forces remain in that system, have ships auto-attack enemy ships which enter their system when they are in guard mode, separate ship size from hull design, balance the existing hull designs, add new hull types, have pirates steal dust or population points instead of taking over systems, cap pirate ship strength and numbers, and allow attacking fleets to select which enemy fleets in a stack to attack.

3. Allow fleets to go through or park at empty space at will (after the technology is researched), allow fleets to fight while traveling through warp gates, speed up movement through normal (non-warp) space, allow scout ships to see details in enemy systems, allow scouts to see what modules enemy fleets have equipped, create more planetary anomalies, and add more exotic systems (without planets, even).

4. Give more information to the player (specifics in my post), improve dust-generating structures without trade routes, change boundaries so that they are set by military and treaty instead of culture, get rid of simultaneous turns, allow ships to be retrofitted using production instead of dust, speed up ship health recovery out of combat, and nerf ship recovery in combat.

5. Allow factions to break any sort of deal, have the AI anticipate back-stabs, decrease the relationship penalty for being at war and increase the penalty for capturing systems and destroying ships, add more diplomacy options and treaty types, add an espionage system, and have the AI not always hate players for benign actions.

6. Increase the AI's capabilities so as to decrease the need for them to cheat, have the AI only cheat on high difficulty levels, and fix the AI to accept deals which help both itself and an ally.

7. Speed up the transition from settlement to colony in mid-game and end-game, create a card-battle system for invading planets, lessen the Sower's unhappiness from poor planets, balance the various custom faction traits, fix the unhappiness system, make Locust points more extreme, and allow friendly ships to go home through enemy territory after a cease-fire is declared.

8. Add race-specific victory conditions, create more races/factions, implement mini-factions which only inhabit a single planet or system, implement different government types, allow more radical faction specific improvements/techs, allow players in multiplayer matches to send each other notes (publicly and privately), include random events which players get to respond to through different choices, create a tournament mode which disables all faction specific abilities/improvements/techs, implement a religion system, a possible campaign mode which serves as a tutorial and delves into the lore, and allow players to keep playing after the game's official end.

TBH alot of your suggestions which are similar to others have been submitted and are currently being looked/ implemented in game / rejected by Dev Team listed here. If you find its not listed then please create a thread with a single idea with a poll in order the community is favourable to your suggestion and add link to this discussion thread. Regretfully I have very little time to churn through long threads.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 10:45:27 AM
Drendil wrote:
Empire wide bonus factors view - option to expand: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12427-empire-wide-bonus-factors-view-option-to-expand

Resource trading UI improvements: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12402-resource-trading-ui-improvements

Here's 2 of the 3 threads I submitted earlier, with added polls this time.

-Drendil

jetkar: what about these? you skipped my post :/ both have 11/1/1 votes (yes/yes with adjustments/no)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 9:16:00 PM
Drendil wrote:
jetkar: what about these? you skipped my post :/ both have 11/1/1 votes (yes/yes with adjustments/no)

Drendil Please do not presume since I have not responded to your suggestion I have skipped it. I have not. Your suggestions are due to be added to summary list for Dev Team consideration ! smiley: smile

I will update your threads once done!! Well done and best of luck!!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 9:30:40 PM
rafiozo wrote:
would like to ask the same thing smiley: smile

Rafiozo I have not ignored your suggestion since you submited your suggestion with a poll less than 7 days ago both the Dev team and me need to see what the community thinks once 7 days have expired. Since you have exceptional interest the current number votes this will be added as an addition to a similar idea that has already be suggested in past and worked by dev team.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 5:40:24 PM
This game seriously needs something to spice it up. I played it for a few hours and I was bored, and I love turned based strategy games. There's just no depth to this game to keep me entertained. I think there's a few things that should be added along with the obvious: campaign mode, more videos, better diplomacy, etc. Civilization doesn't really have a story, but it forms more competition between the different civilizations. You can see what the other civs are up to. You get in races to build different wonders and projects. Also, you can see how your score stacks up against the other civs to see if you're ahead or behind. I think there needs to be more races, the current number isn't enough.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 5:53:35 PM
Due to personal commitments I have not updated summary list. I will do so over the weekend. Please bear with me!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 6:02:37 PM
dam1730 wrote:
This game seriously needs something to spice it up. I played it for a few hours and I was bored, and I love turned based strategy games. There's just no depth to this game to keep me entertained. I think there's a few things that should be added along with the obvious: campaign mode, more videos, better diplomacy, etc. Civilization doesn't really have a story, but it forms more competition between the different civilizations. You can see what the other civs are up to. You get in races to build different wonders and projects. Also, you can see how your score stacks up against the other civs to see if you're ahead or behind. I think there needs to be more races, the current number isn't enough.

I agree with two points here. There needs to be more races and it would be very nice to know how you are doing compared to the other AI players. I know you can get a brief summary of certain items from the empire screen, but a screen that had all the enabled victory conditions and how far along each race was to those conditions would be welcome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 7:16:35 AM
Drendil wrote:
Empire wide bonus factors view - option to expand: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12427-empire-wide-bonus-factors-view-option-to-expand

Resource trading UI improvements: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12402-resource-trading-ui-improvements

Here's 2 of the 3 threads I submitted earlier, with added polls this time.

-Drendil

Both have been added to summary list for the Dev Team to consider further.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 7:23:47 AM
SomeoneStrange wrote:
Hey Jetkar,

I know you may already have the suggestion I put in stowed away, but just in case you don't, my poll is now over a week old, and sitting comfortably at 97+ votes in favor.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11277-implement-docking-of-fleets-for-repair-retrofit

Just figured I'd get it in before the usual Thursday deadline!

This has been added to summary list for Dev Team to consider under Interfaces > UI - Docking Fleets for repair/Retrofit
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 7:27:16 AM
dam1730 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion but alot of them have been already suggested and listed for Dev Team to consider for further development and improvement to the game linked here. Please feel free to go thru it
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment