Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 8:44:44 PM
Let me start by saying I haven't purchased Endless Space yet but I've done a great deal of research and I'm intrigued. However, something I really like my 4X games to have is tech that grants any race the ability to destroy planets. As far as I can tell, this is something that Endless Space currently lacks except in the form of the Cravers. Now when I say destroy, I don't necessarily mean "blast into little pieces" though that is an option but rather something that renders the world uninhabitable or wipes out the current population. A concept I came up with years ago was something called a Firestorm Plasma Cannon that when fired at a planet would ignite all the combustible gases in the atmosphere incinerating the surface but leaving the planet intact for mining purposes. The Genesis Device from Star Trek is another example of a planet killer that doesn't reduce said world to floating debris but still wipes out the current population. Planet killing technology is also great for negotiations, nothing says "we need to talk" like obliterating the opposing forces' homeworld. Just my two cents and I'll continue to watch this game closely as it develops further.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 10:14:42 PM
jetkar wrote:
Just checking the site. Taking break !!

Of course but you need to inspire the community and the dev team by adding a poll with your suggestion

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12800-orbital-entrenchment-upgrades

Poll closed with positive results!

Albeit only 26 Votes, but with a thread rating of 4.25 stars.

Enough to get added to your list good sir? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 3, 2012, 8:14:27 PM
I hope everyone had good summer

I will be going through the suggestion to update the list on Thursday 6 September 2012 on or after 19.00 GMT
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 3, 2012, 8:31:20 PM
Splicer wrote:
/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12411-new-technology-trait

A trait that grants you a random level 1 technology at the start of the game.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12420-new-battle-cards-reinforcements-and-pursuit

Battle cards that bring additional ships into the fight.

Interesting suggestions but I need you to add polls to get the communities views to your idea to be added for the Dev team consideration and possible addition to the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 3, 2012, 8:53:36 PM
jetkar wrote:
Interesting suggestions but I need you to add polls to get the communities views to your idea to be added for the Dev team consideration and possible addition to the game.

Cheers, I did not know this. It's not listed in the rules for posting a suggestion, should it be?

How long should the poll last/how many options does it need etc?

e: I see in the op it says minimum 7, so... 10?

e: Added polls
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 7:32:08 PM
Splicer wrote:
Cheers, I did not know this. It's not listed in the rules for posting a suggestion, should it be?

How long should the poll last/how many options does it need etc?

e: I see in the op it says minimum 7, so... 10?

e: Added polls

Best of luck smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 7:37:24 PM
mrennigma wrote:
Let me start by saying I haven't purchased Endless Space yet but I've done a great deal of research and I'm intrigued. However, something I really like my 4X games to have is tech that grants any race the ability to destroy planets. As far as I can tell, this is something that Endless Space currently lacks except in the form of the Cravers. Now when I say destroy, I don't necessarily mean "blast into little pieces" though that is an option but rather something that renders the world uninhabitable or wipes out the current population. A concept I came up with years ago was something called a Firestorm Plasma Cannon that when fired at a planet would ignite all the combustible gases in the atmosphere incinerating the surface but leaving the planet intact for mining purposes. The Genesis Device from Star Trek is another example of a planet killer that doesn't reduce said world to floating debris but still wipes out the current population. Planet killing technology is also great for negotiations, nothing says "we need to talk" like obliterating the opposing forces' homeworld. Just my two cents and I'll continue to watch this game closely as it develops further.

TBH you should get the game rather than standing in side lines with ideas that has already been suggested and are being considered by Creative Director and the Dev Team as their is alot potential in this game for now and into future
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 4:57:27 PM
An easy one improvement to make:

- additional color for Planets: The Sands of Desert-Planets look all the same, but why not some Mars-like red or some grey? Jungleplanets with a more violet-based environment? Or a Oceanplanet with more green or ice-blue seas? (So: just some random additional colors for Planets, thus having a wider visual variety of Planets.)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment