Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Summary of suggestions so far - Discussion

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 11:09:13 PM
Academy Screen

Hero Cap

-I don't see anything that indicates what your current cap on hireable heroes is.

Hero Cap

-Cannot scroll heroes list, forced to select the furthest hero in order to scroll and reach others

Hero Inspection

Talent-tree Abilities

-Once you have undertaken to leveling a hero, you get an idea of what abilities pop up when and with what requirements. Yet I feel that a talent-tree style presentation would work better, as you could better plan ahead without resorting to notes of some sort - and see the progression you plan to take.

Attributes Tooltips

-I would like to see the "Effects of the Hero" that directly results from hovering over a current attribute - such as hovering over Labor and getting "Adds 50% to system production" or whatnot.

Combat

Battle Actions?!

-A minimized listing of available battle actions you can take, showing just Name>Counters X, instead of a big popup that interferes with the viewing, might work better, or be an option to have. Such as:

Long Range: Defense>Offense Engineering>Sabotage Sabotage>Sabotage Tactics>Engineering

Medium Range: etc. Or a better intro to where current battle actions are viewed when not in combat.

Cinematics

-Ability to manipulate camera during combats; pick a viewpoint, follow a ship, etc. More options.

Diplomacy Screen[/b]

Race Flavoring

-Would like to see some flavor added in the form of greetings/responses according to the mannerisms of the contacted race - Evil/Aggressive races might be more hostile or begrudging in tone, etc.

Unfinished Refusals

-It's clear that this portion isn't quite finished - many refusals of proposed trades/treaties give unfinished responses. I still have no idea what is necessary in order to have a cooperation agreement, as everything from allies to warmongers have been unable to accept one.

Balance this Agreement

-Also known as "What would you give me for this?" A button to press to ask the AI to attempt to make a balanced trade with its available items (if it can and wants to) based on what you placed on the table

Resource Tally

-I can see whether I have access or a monopoly on a resource by hovering over it in the diplo screen, but why not show exactly how many of them are available? That way I could trade the exact number of extras that I wanted, without playing with the add/remove arrows. Same thing for the AI - should we get to see how much of each strategic and luxury resource they have?

Tech Types

-Like being zoomed out in the research screen, you only get the Lore description of the tech and what it unlocks as opposed to seeing what the tradeable techs actually provide.

Defeated Opponents

-Currently they remain in the diplomatic screen, though you can't trade with them anymore. X them out!

Miscellaneous

Raze Colony

-Allow the ability to Raze enemy colonies, instead of capturing them, to help keep your own economy in line when engaged in warfare.

Map Editing

-For scenario creation, galaxy tweaking
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 11:21:39 PM
The two previous posts are the entire contents of the (IMHO) second best thread collecting suggestions, "My Big Fat Greek Feedback Thread". It would be great if the contents could be combined into this thread.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 1:32:01 AM
Have a 5th tech tree, Military Doctrine, set up in which all of the cards and other military/combat factors such as researching higher command point limits in fleets would be researched. Also along with that giving additional card types a chance to be researched and allowing 2 different cards to be used in a combat phase, such as formation cards or targeting tactics cards or shield modulations, a combination of two to allow for more strategy and not just pure chance of trying to counter the opponent's card.

More info and suggestions on all of that in this thread.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11640-5th-tech-tree-military-doctrine
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 3:21:12 AM
Bring the research screen up automatically when the queue is empty. Maybe don't let a new turn start until research is queued?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 3:47:30 AM
Well, I for one hope they don't *force* research to be queued, because sometimes I don't actually *want* to win by scientific victory, y'know?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 4:38:08 AM
There are some ideas I ran across on this thread.

/#/endless-space/forum/27-general/thread/7424-ui-suggestions

I commented on them on the 3rd post and added 2 more ideas as well. In short...

1. Insert into build queue, Insert into Research Queues

2. While in the build queue, if a structure would provide no bonus to the system have an icon on it of some type. Example: +3 Food from each moon, when there are no moons in the system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 5:08:54 AM
PyroVortex wrote:
Well, I for one hope they don't *force* research to be queued, because sometimes I don't actually *want* to win by scientific victory, y'know?

Adding continue after victory (a la Civ) would mean you could continue towards winning your galactic war, or whatever

Although if the game has really gone on so long that you've researched every single other tech and then the science victory one...

You can also disable as many victory conditions as you like via the new game creator (except this has no effect currently, but it will)

It's also as simple as adding an option in the menus:

[x] Restrict Turn From Ending If Research Queue Is Empty
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 5:11:19 AM
2 more threads, this time overhauling the food system and the Craver Affinity bonus:

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11618-food-to-colony-ships-conversion

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11615-cravers-gata-crave!

Keep up the good work!

PS: I think you may have missed my post on my "[Suggestion] Mirrored Galaxies and Good Home Systems for Multiplayer" (/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12054-mirrored-galaxies-and-good-home-systems-for-multiplayer) thread, but if you don't want to include it that's OK. Also I think you misunderstood my post on streamlining engines because I do not want more or faster engines (/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11606-streamlined-engine-system), just to make the ones we have more flexible for ship construction. It is difficult to be sure, however, because you did not link the article and thus I do not know if it is mine.

Anyway thanks again for bringing attention to my ideas! Long live the game!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 6:24:37 AM
davea wrote:
The two previous posts are the entire contents of the (IMHO) second best thread collecting suggestions, "My Big Fat Greek Feedback Thread". It would be great if the contents could be combined into this thread.

Thanks davea and nefloyd I am trolling through the list adding what needs to be added some have already been added Summary list I dont want to duplicate where possible so please be patient.

Dev team have confirmed to me that one of davea ideas on his last thread here. They have confirmed an interest and will be posted on to their tracking list shortly therefore I will not be added to summary list. So well done !! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 7:02:48 AM
I seem to be seeing quite a few threads started that repeat ideas that have already made it into the summary thread... I don't suppose there's some thread renaming or such we could do to encourage new posters to read the summary thread before posting?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 7:12:59 AM
PyroVortex wrote:
I seem to be seeing quite a few threads started that repeat ideas that have already made it into the summary thread... I don't suppose there's some thread renaming or such we could do to encourage new posters to read the summary thread before posting?

Not really however Mods and Dev team are looking into this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 7:52:20 AM
lurker wrote:
Apologies if this is already under consideration, but I couldn't see it anywhere on the lists.

Here Type Balance: The hero ability which provides +25 industry seems way too good. Whenever I play a game where I'm not offered at least one with this tree I feel like restarting immediately, it seems almost a requirement due to the extreme impact it can have in the early game. Needs either toning down, or tuning to have more difficult prerequisites.

Added as Tech/Mod please provide me a link to your original idea thread
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:02:31 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Battle theater: it would be nice if i could save recording of my battles so that i could watch them later or share them with the forum.

Added to the summary list - Interfaces - Battle Replay
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:10:04 AM
thelovebat wrote:
Have a 5th tech tree, Military Doctrine, set up in which all of the cards and other military/combat factors such as researching higher command point limits in fleets would be researched. Also along with that giving additional card types a chance to be researched and allowing 2 different cards to be used in a combat phase, such as formation cards or targeting tactics cards or shield modulations, a combination of two to allow for more strategy and not just pure chance of trying to counter the opponent's card.

More info and suggestions on all of that in this thread.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11640-5th-tech-tree-military-doctrine

Added to the summary list under Game Play > General
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:13:52 AM
I feel the build queue in starsystems could be improved.

1) please add a confirmation pop-up when you (accidentally) click on something currently under construction so you don't waste the work you already put in.

2) allow to reorder the list by clicking and dragging entries.

in my case, expecting the second to be already possible made me run into the first smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:16:41 AM
gehn wrote:
Bring the research screen up automatically when the queue is empty. Maybe don't let a new turn start until research is queued?

Thanks for idea. But I feel this needs to debated. Sorry sounds like being lazy
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:25:55 AM
Please add a retreat option for battles. I would like to ability to just flee if my lone scout with movement points left encounters a hostile battle group.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:28:31 AM
EmGooser wrote:
There are some ideas I ran across on this thread.

/#/endless-space/forum/27-general/thread/7424-ui-suggestions

I commented on them on the 3rd post and added 2 more ideas as well. In short...

1. Insert into build queue, Insert into Research Queues

2. While in the build queue, if a structure would provide no bonus to the system have an icon on it of some type. Example: +3 Food from each moon, when there are no moons in the system.

I need your ideas not someone elses. As Dev Team want to see your idea
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:31:16 AM
FatBaron wrote:
Please add a retreat option for battles. I would like to ability to just flee if my lone scout with movement points left encounters a hostile battle group.

This has been already submitted on the summary list here
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment