logo amplifiers simplified

Make UI / font size scalable to improve readability

I would appreciate that
I don't really care
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 5:29:16 PM
Currently most of the text in game is much smaller than neccessary (just 7pt) and thus uncomfortable to read even on standard resolutions (especially when playing for long hours). In addition, players who use high resolution monitors have serious difficulties playing the game at all since neither font size nor the UI scale with the games resolution. Therefore we would greatly appreciate if font size and UI could be made scalable to allow all players to fully enjoy the game.

Please see also original thread and UI scaling concern

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 5:41:17 PM
Try to understand us with high resolution monitors people, we really want to play this game without headache.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 5:55:31 PM
But it is WAY to little, even with "common" resolutions... I can't play ES because of it. smiley: frown
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:02:41 PM
The UI is very little and I hope it will be possible to make it scale-able.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:18:24 PM
chromodynamics wrote:
This is a lot harder than it sounds btw. The UI is bitmap based, not vectorised.

... we don't do it because it is easy, but we do it because it's hard! smiley: wink I can imagine that this is not done in an hour, but this is definitively an issue the devs should know about. And we don't request an infinitely variable UI, anything would help even if only the text size is made a little scalable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:22:37 PM
Dropfish wrote:
... we don't do it because it is easy, but we do it because it's hard! smiley: wink I can imagine that this is not done in an hour, but this is definitively an issue the devs should know about. And we don't request an infinitely variable UI, anything would help even if only the text size is made a little scalable.

Amen Brother! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:25:30 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
Amen Brother! smiley: smile

Well said - i'm just running ES on a 16:9, 1366 x 768 - but a scalable UI would be cool!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:34:00 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
Thank you all for the support and understanding lol

It's logical! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:47:06 PM
Seriously, I'm slowly coming to a point where I enjoy more hanging aroungs with you guys in the forum than actually playing the game! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:49:30 PM
Dropfish wrote:
Seriously, I'm slowly coming to a point where I enjoy more hanging aroungs with you guys in the forum than actually playing the game! smiley: biggrin

I myself have no choice, I am unable to play the game with that tiny UI so I must spend the time with you guys. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 6:50:26 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
I myself have no choice, I am unable to play the game with that tiny UI so I must spend the time with you guys. smiley: stickouttongue

lol lol lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 7:37:43 PM
I'm so glad people understand our problem and support this poll, maybe soon I will be able to play and enjoy ES smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 7:40:21 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
I'm so glad people understand our problem and support this poll, maybe soon I will be able to play and enjoy ES smiley: biggrin

Me to. Thank you all! smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 8:07:36 PM
Bigger text for important things like fleet list info would be nice, my problem is that the backcolour depends on what's behind the list text. Since you cant 'click-thru' to something underneath (like you can in some games), my Q is why does it have to be translucent??? In the early game, with lots of black as the BG its fine, later the text gets washed out by influence colours. So just make a solid BG so that the contrast is constant.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment