Make UI / font size scalable to improve readability

I would appreciate that
I don't really care
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 4, 2014, 7:51:11 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
We've actually replied a few times on this (at least, I remember replying to this suggestion that pops up quite often on the forums). The problem with bigger font is that the text (technologies, resources, [orGermanlocalisationforinstance!]) barely fits in the boxes.

Then, resizing the UI, which had already been done in the past, pixel perfect, is pretty tricky (if I remember correctly for the German localisation, as the texts were too long compared to the French or English localisation). Rescaling and so on actually requires a whole UI redesign, which is something we simply cannot do with our current system. And, even if we were to do so, the game does not detect the resolution you are playing on to adjust the font size.

We have been looking at solutions and are actually still looking; Other possibilities such as scaleform would be a solution, but then again, this would require a flash programmer, which we do not have.

Guess it's something to learn from for the sequel, should there ever be one. Which I'd desperately hope. UIs are a tricky thing and a non-perfect planing may come back at you, and a perfect planing is hard to achieve. And once again I'm wondering if maybe I should've learned flash, I'm seeing demand for that almost everywhere.

Otherwise I guess over the years enough demand for this feature has been shown. I for one get along just fine with a 1920x1080 screen, so it doesn't bother me, but then again I do have pretty good eyes anyway. I do understand the problem though, so I guess it would be cool if this could be fixed one day. Maybe something can be worked out when you work on an UI for Endless Space 2 (once again, if we get to see it), some kinda parallel development.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 5, 2014, 2:49:01 AM
An option to change size in game between different sizes would be nice. 4k screens may not work correctly. But yeah, the font is a tad small. It doesn't need to be as big as it is in the preview as small is always slicker and your menus are the slickest.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 28, 2015, 1:47:15 PM
How do I vote for the big font? Oops, I did a quick post. Yes, endless space needs a sequelsmiley: smile with bigger font.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment