Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Automaton - Ship Design Competition!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 13, 2013, 11:12:50 PM
zan00da wrote:
Quite tough concepts, I shall say. But, although I really like the looks and I got no my own ideas, I have one question. Should automaton's ships really look so much like automatons themselves? Because it's like United Empire will build giant human-like robot torsos instead of spaceships.

They are more human than humans in some sense haha, just read the full lore smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 13, 2013, 11:15:44 PM
vahouth wrote:
Thank you! You have done a great job yourself as well.

In fact the reason I'm posting a second line of ships is because I want (with my limited resources :P) to inspire if I can other people to share their thoughts and talent.

As you and some other guys in here have inspired me to give it a go. smiley: wink

And as I promised, here is the Dreadnought.

Thanks for these pics, they inspired in me an interesting idea. I just hope I have the time to do it! They look great by the way, especially the dread.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 12:43:27 AM
This new line of ships looks a bit off from the style of ships of the other races. I'm not too sure how to explain it... haha it just seems... too different, you know?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 4:40:29 AM
Alright so sadly I am going away and probably wont have internet access till march 3rd. So here are the other Automaton ship concepts i finalized.

We see a possible Cruiser and Battleship then a pencil rendition of a different Battleship design. Enjoy smiley: biggrin

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 5:13:03 AM
stasik28 wrote:
Go away? But. But. It's your race D:

Believe me I'm really upset that my trip was scheduled for this week, but I can't do much about it. :/ I'm touched by your concern however, Thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 5:32:52 AM
So you're not going to be part of the final voting and submissions? smiley: frown At least have fun on the trip then smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 7:41:28 AM
Panzer wrote:
Believe me I'm really upset that my trip was scheduled for this week, but I can't do much about it. :/ I'm touched by your concern however, Thanks!

Don't worry, we'll let you know how things turn out. Then we can all have a good cry about it later smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 8:16:08 PM
stasik28 wrote:
So you're not going to be part of the final voting and submissions? smiley: frown At least have fun on the trip then smiley: stickouttongue

The designs I submitted (The colored fleet of ships, as well as the finalized pen drawings above) should be considered as one submission by me smiley: smile So I am participating but indirectly haha
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 17, 2013, 8:54:11 AM
One Question/Suggestion why it have to be ONE Winner...okay the artbook cost some bugs but despite this...wouldnt it much more cooler to take the best Ship Designs for the perticular ship types ? (Corvet,Destroyer,Cruiser,Battleship, and Dreadnought) so we would have 5 Winners and only the best of the best Designs would be chosen for each Type besides this it would be a great (or even more) reflection of the the democratic structures of G2G.

Greetz Sovereign
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 17, 2013, 10:09:41 AM
Sovereign wrote:
One Question/Suggestion why it have to be ONE Winner...okay the artbook cost some bugs but despite this...wouldnt it much more cooler to take the best Ship Designs for the perticular ship types ? (Corvet,Destroyer,Cruiser,Battleship, and Dreadnought) so we would have 5 Winners and only the best of the best Designs would be chosen for each Type besides this it would be a great (or even more) reflection of the the democratic structures of G2G.

Greetz Sovereign

Would be an idea.

But of think of this.

If only one person win, all the ship types fit together.

If five win, we have five different ships which may won't fit that good together. Would be patchwork or something like that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 17, 2013, 2:00:03 PM
I don't know how much more i can get done due to an the pressure put on by my School after our little break off of it. I will try to get some more drawings in and everything i have submitted can be considered as a whole. Apart from this, there are some really good designs that have been submitted since my last appearance. Nice designs.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 18, 2013, 8:55:38 PM
My thoughts of an automaton ship would literally be a clutter of clocks and gears, sparks flying everywhere, and not symmetrical.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 7:59:48 PM
Greetings all, long time lurker and player of Endless Space here. I really wish I'd been more active around here, so I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. I'm very interested in concept art thought spaceships aren't my forte. The main focus of my ship designs is all ships share a 'core', which houses the Automatons terraforming tech and plants, greenhouses and hydroponics for new worlds.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 11:11:00 PM
Mr-Haitch wrote:
Greetings all, long time lurker and player of Endless Space here. I really wish I'd been more active around here, so I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. I'm very interested in concept art thought spaceships aren't my forte. The main focus of my ship designs is all ships share a 'core', which houses the Automatons terraforming tech and plants, greenhouses and hydroponics for new worlds.

That's essentially how they've built the aesthetic of the automaton heroes. I hope they take that as a good basis and possibly throw their own theme into your concept, because it's good framework.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 19, 2013, 11:13:14 PM
Mr-Haitch wrote:

I like them! Good job! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment