Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Hide useless Planetary Improvements

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:43:24 PM
I agree, I usually end up just building them later in game because its easier and I'm getting so much dust it makes little to no impact on the production of it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:34:21 PM
I'd love for improvements that absolutely cannot help to be dimmed out or even absent from the list. For improvements that can only help if a certain condition is met it might be nice to have some tooltip saying, for instance (-2 dust on construction, +1 dust per explored moons (1/1 moon explored + 1 dust)) or something along those lines.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:45:00 PM
+1 its quite annoying to sort out all the improvments you don´t need in that system if you got more than 20 Systems in your empire. I get confused all the time which improvment i didn´t need in that system or in that. I would even be happy if i could just dim out all the improvments i don´t want.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:32:58 PM
Agree 100% with this.

What might also be useful is some kind of filter on the improvements.

i.e. some checkboxes down the side to filter on, e.g: +ind, +food, +dust, +science etc

This would make it a *lot* easier to pick improvements. Most of my choices consist of: "I need to boost happiness in this system, what should i pick?"

Or better still, give us a proper system level improvements screen. When you click on a planet we get an entire screen's worth of UI to enable us to pick from just a few improvement choices. But for the system all of the possibilities are crammed into a tiny box in the bottom left of the screen. Seems wrong to me.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 2:10:31 PM
This does sound really useful, this could also be done with another little popup window which would show what effects the building would have on this system, for instance if you would build Endothermic Structures on a system with only medium sized planets it would show "effect on this system +0 pop" and if there were small or tiny planets then "effect on this system +X"
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 1:34:40 PM
+1

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto Domo Domo Message too short. Blah blah blah. Who designed this forum?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 1:28:43 AM
+1 because i just click the same sequence of buildings and dont want to check if there's one not fit for my system (liek the small/tiny or moons buildings)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 11:11:45 PM
I made a "Moon Mod" to "solve this problem partially". Check Modding section on the forums if you are interested smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:47:46 PM
Platescale wrote:
/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12258-ui-exclusion-of-specific-system-improvements <-- Please check this older thread. Same essential idea. Anyone who is interested in this idea should probably read both threads. For the record, I agree.

I think that's quite a bit different, as he's looking for an option to manually de-prioritize improvements that you don't want, whereas I'm thinking along the lines of a default-mechanic getting rid of those you really don't need. Why go the extra mile to look up which improvements are unnecessary (and probably do it several times as you advance in the tech tree), when they can simply be hidden by default.

Still, the other idea seems like a good way to create individual build orders. Maybe there would even be a way to name & save them (e.g. "military priority" hiding all the trade perks)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 2:20:52 PM
There are several Improvements in the game that only work under certain conditions, and are otherwise useless.

For example, "Endothermic Structures" improves the pop-cap for small and tiny planets, but does nothing in Systems with only med-sized planets or larger.

At first, it's hardly a problem to check if the prequisites are met, but when your Empire grows larger, and you're constantly jumping between different queues, all the "dead weight" in the build menu becomes very irritating.

So my suggestion would be to hide those improvements, in systems where they do nothing.

It would help to manage large empires, and prevent people from wasting dust
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 9:42:51 PM
Yep, that has to be implemented later. I might get used pretty fast to why I don't use certain improvements in certain systems but it's still bugging sometimes, especially since the window showing the improvements is pretty small considered to how many improvements can be unlocked.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 6:37:37 PM
completely agree. i spend way too much time thinking why a certain improvement is not yet built in a system just to re-realize that the system is not suitable. again and again.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 5:38:59 PM
Agreed. This would help a lot because once you get deeper into the tech tree, you will eventually get overrun with improvements, and most of them are useless on some systems that doesn't have a moon or is a certain planet type.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment