Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] indepth political system (internal and global)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 9:50:07 AM
government system could be nice to have implemented, it could tweak a little the base race depending on the choiches taken. I suggest a form of government modular, like the one from sid meyer Alpha Centauri game with a few basic choiches right at the beginning and a few more researcheable and pehaps 2 or 3 choiches unique per race (if a race is naturally telepath they might develop a collective counsciousness and make a collective, or a hive mind or a telepatic society..)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 9:24:48 AM
The diplomatic options need to be really good - If a war is going poorly, this might be just what to do for, especially if you have worked the diplomatic system hard. I would love to be able to stay turtled for quite some time, and use diplomacy to protect the process to make aggressors think twice, or three times, or four times, depending on how many factions you have wooed through the diplomatic system / political wrangling.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 6:31:06 PM
At the moment i agree. because the cravers would use the UN concept to there own vandeta if they had a good power and population base but there are still another four factions we dont know about.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 6:14:01 PM
More depth is always good in 4x games :-) ! I agree that politics - and especially racial differences - need to be added to some degree. Not too sure about the level of cooperation you could expect from the different species on most issues, let alone arms control, though. I mostly see a place for more internal decisions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 6:06:04 PM
Agreed. GalCiv2 did national and international politics very well. Would love to see a comparable system in ES.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 5:54:59 PM
i dont know if goverments will be implemented in a way you want it. but personally i miss, that different goverment-systems do not play a role right now. especially when all the races are so different.

Allthou i disliked MoO III for very many things, i suppose they did the different goverment possibilities very well and i would like to see goverments implemented
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment