Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] community bug fix / balance mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 11:23:22 PM
I still can't get that fixed ship template file due to forum. Did you already update the main mod as a whole to have the fixed version built in or does it have the buggy version?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 11:56:37 PM
Hey Dave. I finally got the shiptemplate thingy to load using Firefox. Do you think the AI will retr-actively update its' ships mid game or would I have to start over for it to upgrade and whatnot?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 22, 2012, 12:34:34 AM
Interesting. Combined with the newest patch, this and the AI modifications are making the game significantly more difficult. For the first time (relative: I hadn't played with the last two patches) I've been outpaced by the AI's score-wise (on Endless).

Makes the game better; I prefer to fight from the bottom than wallow at the top relaxing. I can manage to the extreme, optimize, etc (though I usually do it with a bit of RP-elements, I can design a race to my specifications, style, as I feel my race should be, and not feel guilty, for example) without dominating the game now.

Though I did modify the trade bonus to a 1x dust for science, as I felt the .5x was a bit extreme. Half seemed suitably appropriate without dropping to a quarter of the original value.

Gotta restrain my urges here. I've modded more than my fair share of Skyrim (ASIS, Realistic Lighting, lots of miscellaneous stuff), and I need to keep from doing more on this game.. My classes would suffer. <_<
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 22, 2012, 12:36:19 AM
Zazen wrote:
Hey Dave. I finally got the shiptemplate thingy to load using Firefox. Do you think the AI will retr-actively update its' ships mid game or would I have to start over for it to upgrade and whatnot?

It is possible, but more likely that you will get weird results. I recommend when you change mod versions, you should start a new game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 22, 2012, 10:04:54 PM
davea wrote:
It is possible, but more likely that you will get weird results. I recommend when you change mod versions, you should start a new game.

Don't know what else the mod does but I've found that all of the parts that I have dealt with won't cause anything weird in particular when you change them during an existing game.

I think the most significant are the Ship-Templates, the Hull-Workaround and the StarSystemImprovements. Non of those should really cause anything weird.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 6:30:41 PM
Hey Dave, I tried three games with the revamped & then re-fixed ship template part of your mod. Everytime the UA and Shendyn (sp?) never upgrade their ships or even use other hulls, they just churn out hundreds and hundreds of level 1 defenders with the basic equipment. You or anyone else experiencing this? The other factions insofar as I've experienced seem to do it just like you said, they diversify better and upgrade just fine.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 6:55:21 PM
So, until they fix the code are you scrapping the shiptemplate mod part entirely?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 7:58:31 PM
So if we just remove that ship template file altogether will the mod still work?

What is new in serial 04? (I am itching to start a new game right now and try this mod, but if 04 has further improvements I'll wait for it.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 8:07:09 PM
Theodotus wrote:
So if we just remove that ship template file altogether will the mod still work?

Don't just remove it, replace it with the one found in Ail's 1.1 package if you want to keep the AI design upgrades.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 8:09:59 PM
Many thanks for the info.

EDIT: Where is Ail's 1.1 package to be found?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 8:31:16 PM
That's the one, don't worry. Dave incorporated those files into his own mod and added the template name changes which cause issues.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 8:31:42 PM
The zip pointed by stars2heaven is the right one to get "better AI 1.1". The author of that zip, "ail" is not creating/releasing full mods, but only changed files. I am incorporating them into the community mod. The instruction given by insolentius is the right one; simply replace the community mod file ShipDesignTemplates.xml with the one by ail. There isn't anything significant in serial 04, it is a bug fix which will replace ShipDesignTemplates.xml, and correct three wrong Battle Card descriptions. I will also copy the English localized strings for the other languages; that is, playing in German, you will see a string in English instead of an internal name like %TraitName04.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 9:08:14 PM
davea wrote:
The author of that zip, "ail" is not creating/releasing full mods, but only changed files.

One day I will probably look into what I have to do to make a standalone mod. My problem was that the game did not start in 2/3 of the cases when trying to launch it as standalone and I had to restart steam ... so there was little incentive to get it to work.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 9:12:36 PM
@ail, if you have a non-working mod zip, attach it and I will be happy to see if I can find a problem. It might be helpful to get these mods out directly instead of going "through" the community mod.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment