Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

B5 Project - Babylon 5 Mod for Endless Space

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 12:02:56 AM

Babylon 5 Mod Project

This Mod aims to bring the Babylon 5 Series to Endless Space.

Planned Features

• 9 Races (Earthen Alliance, Mimbari, Centauri, Narn, Vorlon, Shadows, Brakiri, Drakh and Drazi)
  • Unique Ship Designs based on Babylon 5 Series 2% Done
  • New Videos, Sounds and Music based on Babylon 5 30% Done
  • Larger Fleets 90% Done
  • New Technology Trees with new Technologys 10% Done
  • 65 Babylon 5 Heroes 80% Done

Important!

Until it is possible to change more than just XML Files of Endless Space, the Team Focuses on creating Assets to later use in the Mod. (Models, Textures, Sound Files etc.

Moddb Page and Forum for Team-Members is on its way. Until then feel Free to Comment on this Thread.

Looking for Members

We need YOU!

In this Stage of the Developement we need following for our Team:

• XML-Expert (Low Priority)
  • 3D Artists (preferably with Unwrapping and Low Poly Modeling Experience) (High Priority)
  • 2D Artists (Textures) (High Priority)
  • 2D Artists (Images, UI Design Elements etc.) (Medium Priority)
  • Sound Designer (Medium Priority)
  • Music Designer (Low Priority)
  • Artwork Designer (High Priority)
  • Public Relations (Finding new Members, Ad our Project etc.) (Medium Priority)
  • Babylon 5 Expert (to Help discuss Technologies and Mod enhancements) (Low Priority)
  • Writer / Concept Designer (Gameplay Structure) (Medium Priority)

List Updated! And Added Priority

EDITED LIST

If you feel you have what it takes to join us. Please Comment on this Thread or write me an Email at:
mjra1983@gmail.com
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 6:54:15 AM
Uhh, hello. A quick scan through the team requirements shows that I would be best suited as a Babylon 5 Expert (aka. guy who stays up all night reading the B5 Wiki so he can keep his job) or concept designer which as I understand it suits me pretty well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 8:23:04 AM
Hi Harel55, any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to see a Concept Design you can do. Can you post an example ?

Something like mimbari technology tree.. what could be added..

EDIT. Also can you pm me contact Details ? Like Steam or E-Mail
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 3:15:09 PM
Hi Pleasure, your Modding-Project for ES shows a lot of ambitions and i would like to offer my help.

I've contacted you under your mail smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 3:40:52 PM
theRob wrote:
Hi Pleasure, your Modding-Project for ES shows a lot of ambitions and i would like to offer my help.

I've contacted you under your mail smiley: wink

I have sent u a private Message smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 3:53:31 PM
Seen it and already replied smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 12:26:00 AM
After thoroughly reading through the Bablyon 5 wiki entry of the Minbari, I quickly came up with two obvious additions to the technology tree based upon them.

1. (Diplomacy and Trading tree, Tier 6) Minbari Cultural Studies (Unlocks Minbari Culture [Starsystemimprovement])

Description: Studies into the culture and way of life of the Minbari has provided insights into new ways of living that could potentially be much calmer and more peaceful. Subtle

changes in laws and practices could, over time, make the saying "Never kill one of your own race" as common as "Say hello when meeting someone new".

Effect: +40 smiley: approval, -4 smiley: dust on improvement.

2. (Galactic Warfare tree, Tier 7) Minbari Genetic Enhancements (Unlocks Improved Genetics [Empireimprovement])

Description: By studying the properties of Minbari biology and anatomy, scientists have found ways of creating super powerful soldiers, but due to the fact that the changes must be stabilized by dust only heroes can benefit from the enhancements.

Effect: +10 Offense and +10 Defense on all heroes, -50% healing cost

In case I misunderstood and what you wanted was a set of technology tree modifications specifically for the Minbari race, you can say so and I'll get right to it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 12:33:15 AM
Hey Harel,

thats Impressive for the first ideas. I've sent you an IM about the Project to discuss further details smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 12:38:52 AM
Really? That was me trying to make something out of nothing, the Babylon 5 wiki makes no reference of Minbari technologies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 1:57:30 AM
Harel55 wrote:
After thoroughly reading through the Bablyon 5 wiki entry of the Minbari, I quickly came up with two obvious additions to the technology tree based upon them.

1. (Diplomacy and Trading tree, Tier 6) Minbari Cultural Studies (Unlocks Minbari Culture [Starsystemimprovement])

Description: Studies into the culture and way of life of the Minbari has provided insights into new ways of living that could potentially be much calmer and more peaceful. Subtle

changes in laws and practices could, over time, make the saying "Never kill one of your own race" as common as "Say hello when meeting someone new".

Effect: +40 smiley: approval, -4 smiley: dust on improvement.

2. (Galactic Warfare tree, Tier 7) Minbari Genetic Enhancements (Unlocks Improved Genetics [Empireimprovement])

Description: By studying the properties of Minbari biology and anatomy, scientists have found ways of creating super powerful soldiers, but due to the fact that the changes must be stabilized by dust only heroes can benefit from the enhancements.

Effect: +10 Offense and +10 Defense on all heroes, -50% healing cost

In case I misunderstood and what you wanted was a set of technology tree modifications specifically for the Minbari race, you can say so and I'll get right to it.

Exactly what i had in mind, theRob is the New Mod Manager, he will discuss details with you.

Greetings Pleasure
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 8, 2012, 4:03:52 PM
Another little update: I found out how to change the Soundfiles of the Game. So be prepared to have some nice B5 Race intros coming up smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 6:59:35 AM
Well the creation of the Race intros takes some Time but Pleasure is on it so we all have to wait just a little more :/ We still need some new Members.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 7:39:52 AM
I think I might be able to help you with the new race intros, but not as much as I'd like to.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 9:05:59 AM
Harel55 wrote:
I think I might be able to help you with the new race intros, but not as much as I'd like to.

you have a PM. (Top of the Page. Notification smiley: biggrin)

OT:

Little Teaser of Earth Alliance Intro coming up...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 10:41:25 AM
But Remember Guys it isnt finished yet. So ofcourse it looks empty smiley: wink but it takes time to render such videos smiley: wink it will get extended soon
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 10:44:17 PM
Quick little Update on Staff needs..

We still are looking for following:

• XML-Expert (Low Priority)
  • 3D Artists (preferably with Unwrapping and Low Poly Modeling Experience) (High Priority)
  • 2D Artists (Textures) (High Priority)
  • 2D Artists (Images, UI Design Elements etc.) (Low Priority)
  • Sound Designer (Low Priority)
  • Music Designer (Low Priority)
  • Artwork Designer (High Priority)
  • Public Relations (Finding new Members, Ad our Project etc.) (Medium Priority)
  • Babylon 5 Expert (to Help discuss Technologies and Mod enhancements) (Low Priority)
  • Writer (Gameplay Structure) (High Priority)

Any Help would be greatly Appreciated. Be Part of the First Biggest Mod Project for Endless Space !
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 10:52:46 PM
I do not think Vorlons or Shadows should be player races. I wonder if you can define races and make them only usable by an AI player. This way they can be made extra strong or simply have affinities which make them damn deadly. A better option would be to rename the Pirates as either race and introduce two of the smaller races instead. There is a lot of reference available; do not forget Babylon 5 Wars as a reference. I would add in place of the Shadows and Vorlons the Brakiri, Drazi, Abbai, Vree, and possibly since you start relatively low tech in this game, the Dilgar.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 9, 2012, 11:20:45 PM
Shivetya wrote:
I do not think Vorlons or Shadows should be player races. I wonder if you can define races and make them only usable by an AI player. This way they can be made extra strong or simply have affinities which make them damn deadly. A better option would be to rename the Pirates as either race and introduce two of the smaller races instead. There is a lot of reference available; do not forget Babylon 5 Wars as a reference. I would add in place of the Shadows and Vorlons the Brakiri, Drazi, Abbai, Vree, and possibly since you start relatively low tech in this game, the Dilgar.

Game Design is still being Discussed and we appreciate any Input you Guys give us. The Idea of Shadows beeing Only AI may be a good Idea, allthough i believe some Guys would love to play Shadows to kick some Human ass smiley: biggrin

But as I said.. everything can change along the Way. We still have a long way to go before even a Release Date can be Announced. Be Sure.. we will keep you Up to Date and appreciate every single Input we get!

Greets Pleasure (The Guy that has to Model the Shadow Vessels (I am not looking forward to them ;D)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment