Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

B5 Project - Babylon 5 Mod for Endless Space

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:30:26 PM
The Diplomacy system from endless space is 'meh'. In my opinion Babylon 5 was so focused on diplomacy I doubt without extensive overhaul it might not do it justice.

Actually now as xmls are free (I need to test couple ideas on my own mod) there are quite free hands with how to improve diplomacy.

I'm fairly sure that peace/alliance statuses can be given more power (though trade is already quite powerful alone).

When it comes to how AI acts with diplomacy almost everything is changable (though I'm not sure whether AI won't still act like nonhuman (as in break peace without any reasons (well thats actually quite humane)).

Anyway just tell what you want to do with diplomacy and if I have time (which I most likely don't have) and I'm not suffering from headache (which I most likely am suffering) I can help.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:32:47 PM
Diplomatic buildings like Babylon could passively increase your relations with other factions, and could help give a buffer for diplomatic repercussions?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 9:54:09 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Diplomatic buildings like Babylon could passively increase your relations with other factions, and could help give a buffer for diplomatic repercussions?

This is exactly what I need to test smiley: wink

Until one can be sure it is always possible (I think) to add something to buildings what AI values highly and just makes everyones relationship to that race higher.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 11, 2012, 10:46:15 PM
Hupailija wrote:
This is exactly what I need to test smiley: wink

Until one can be sure it is always possible (I think) to add something to buildings what AI values highly and just makes everyones relationship to that race higher.

Let us know what you find out Hupailja smiley: biggrin we Modders should stick together!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 12, 2012, 5:49:20 AM
Pleasure wrote:
Let us know what you find out Hupailja smiley: biggrin we Modders should stick together!

You know me, I do something strange, never tell anyone anything and when I finally do mod it's notes are something like: "oh, btw, I did add some feature, I'm not sure how I did it" smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 1:06:43 PM
Possible Hyperspace Mechanics:

Hyperspace: Turn the warp lanes into 1 unit segments that a fleet can stop in, this allows for battles to happen within Hyperspace and makes sense to station early warning patrols/vessels.

Hyperspace Gate: An Improvement that allows 'hyper-lane' travel to ships without jump engines and creates interal trade routes for the empire. (a nice FIDS bonus to the system if it's been colonised)

Jump Engine: Allows Blue Travel without a Hyperspace Gate. (Start Researched but Expensive in Tonnage, e.g. Only Destroyers/Colony Ships at start. Can research smaller engines. Should not be tied to speed.)

Gate-Builder: A module that allows construction of the Gates. (Start Researched, takes a Colony Support Slot so Transports can equip them)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 1:07:02 PM
Hupailija wrote:
You know me, I do something strange, never tell anyone anything and when I finally do mod it's notes are something like: "oh, btw, I did add some feature, I'm not sure how I did it" smiley: wink

Sounds like a normal day as a developer smiley: biggrin

Happens to me all the time when i'm working on a clients project^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 1:38:35 PM
Sounds like a normal day as a developer smiley: biggrin

Happens to me all the time when i'm working on a clients project^^

Social contacts in and out from programming companies should be declared offensive action!

Annoying part is this: "there is something same with sex and programming, do 1 mistake and you have to work in a supporting department rest of your life" ...

atleast when it comes to modding one can say: "blah, it wasn't fun to make that mod I decided to see whether I can declare gravity void and jump out of window"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 1:57:26 PM
Yzaxtol wrote:

Hyperspace: Turn the warp lanes into 1 unit segments that a fleet can stop in, this allows for battles to happen within Hyperspace and makes sense to station early warning patrols/vessels.

Hyperspace Gate: An Improvement that allows 'hyper-lane' travel to ships without jump engines and creates interal trade routes for the empire. (a nice FIDS bonus to the system if it's been colonised)

Jump Engine: Allows Blue Travel without a Hyperspace Gate. (Start Researched but Expensive in Tonnage, e.g. Only Destroyers/Colony Ships at start. Can research smaller engines. Should not be tied to speed.)

Gate-Builder: A module that allows construction of the Gates. (Start Researched, takes a Colony Support Slot so Transports can equip them)

thanks for all your input. I am writing everything down to look at it smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 2:03:54 PM
Hupailija wrote:
Social contacts in and out from programming companies should be declared offensive action!

Annoying part is this: "there is something same with sex and programming, do 1 mistake and you have to work in a supporting department rest of your life" ...

atleast when it comes to modding one can say: "blah, it wasn't fun to make that mod I decided to see whether I can declare gravity void and jump out of window"

Well i am glad that never do mistakes xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 6:27:05 PM
Hi dudes,

I have sent you an email, I am a modeller and hope to help you guys out smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 6:32:53 PM
Yzaxtol wrote:

they could also turn the background (star map) into a red swirly mess and imply warp lanes are only safe route through hyperspace until you develop the tech :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 8:06:26 PM
mJrA wrote:
Well i am glad that never do mistakes xD

Hey, mistakes are fun!

I mean lava planet which looks like ocean, gives asteroid bonuses and benefits from tundra buildings. That almost made me laugh smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 13, 2012, 8:38:39 PM
Hupailija wrote:
Hey, mistakes are fun!

I mean lava planet which looks like ocean, gives asteroid bonuses and benefits from tundra buildings. That almost made me laugh smiley: wink

smiley: wink nice smiley: wink. Well ok maybe i do some mistakes in programming xD. Last time i tried to change the Heroes my Heroes were giving me 240 Dust per turn instead of removing 2 xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:30:35 PM
mJrA wrote:
smiley: wink nice smiley: wink. Well ok maybe i do some mistakes in programming xD. Last time i tried to change the Heroes my Heroes were giving me 240 Dust per turn instead of removing 2 xD

Well... not necessarily a bad hero bonus. Just a little bit unbalanced smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:34:51 PM
theRob wrote:
Well... not necessarily a bad hero bonus. Just a little bit unbalanced smiley: biggrin

Iit depends where it's 240 Dust per every hero in empire (allow player to have 50 heroes and it gets even funnier) or is it just 240 dust per hero smiley: biggrin

Wrong paths can cause hilarious errors sometimes, planet which increases every planet income (I mean every planet in that galaxy) by 5 per population was actually rather interesting.

Or that time when I managed to add TerraformtoLava possible only if your planet type is Lava... I can only imagine what effect that could cause on players.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 12:44:11 PM
Oh yeah smiley: biggrin

Modding in generally can produce a lot a of errors and in-game misbehaivior.

But from my experience the XML-based Modding of ES is quite harmless. Most errors can be relatively quickly identified and fixed.

I've worked on games with much worse Mod-Support and scripting!

"Endless Space" is there really relaxing smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 11:53:08 PM
Yzaxtol wrote:

Good ideas, but there are a few problems. For one, it's stated many times that hyperspace battles are very, VERY bad ideas, so they're almost never waged. Second, although these are great ideas, you're a bit late in suggesting them as I've already done so.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 6:42:05 AM
Harel55 wrote:
Good ideas, but there are a few problems. For one, it's stated many times that hyperspace battles are very, VERY bad ideas, so they're almost never waged. Second, although these are great ideas, you're a bit late in suggesting them as I've already done so.

ya i am allready checking how i get that function into game xD Not easy i can tell ya smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment