Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

B5 Project - Babylon 5 Mod for Endless Space

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 10:18:34 AM
theRob wrote:
Thats looks really awesome. But if we are unlucky, there is a limitation in regard of the number of 3D models for each faction.

Tell you more in the TS when i back online smiley: wink

should be no problem smiley: biggrin i hope we can at least have the same number as they have right now.. thats how many ships we will have anyways.

ps..

Do you believe me when i tell you Guys unwrapping this little frickin detail is a pain in the ass ?

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:05:21 PM
I believe it for sure smiley: wink

Thats looks really awesome. But if we are unlucky, there is a limitation in regard of the number of 3D models for each faction.

Tell you more in the TS when i back online smiley: wink

I hope that isnt a information u got from the Gamescom.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:49:46 PM
mJrA wrote:
I believe it for sure smiley: wink

I hope that isnt a information u got from the Gamescom.

I'm trying to get time for the TS this evening. Then we can talk about all the news smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:06:44 PM
ya i know where to find me. If i am muted just poke me in teamspeak smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:08:53 PM
mJrA wrote:
ya i know where to find me. If i am muted just poke me in teamspeak smiley: wink

I'll do smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 5:26:20 PM
I have completed the UVW for the Shuttle.. now i only have to paint details and make a bump and specular map etc.

Here is a Preview.. i think it looks awesome smiley: biggrin even without Details..

and here is a Picture of the AO Map with Texture applied.. so you can see how frickin Detailed it is and how hard it was to map this smiley: biggrin

Greets Pleasure
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 5:33:44 PM
So if your using a shuttle for a scout, and that is only one type of shuttle shown in the series, what is the destroyer? A Hyperion? Cruisers would be Nova's and Battleships would be Omegas? That could leave Dreadnaughts as Excaliburs from Crusades.

There were ship classes small enough to be scouts and corvettes within the EA
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 5:39:37 PM
Shivetya wrote:
So if your using a shuttle for a scout, and that is only one type of shuttle shown in the series, what is the destroyer? A Hyperion? Cruisers would be Nova's and Battleships would be Omegas? That could leave Dreadnaughts as Excaliburs from Crusades.

There were ship classes small enough to be scouts and corvettes within the EA

we first intended to use Starfurys as scouts and thunderbolts for small defender.. but we decided to use this as scout and the Starfury as defender. Maybe it will change.. you never know smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 5:51:00 PM
Interesting, do you intend to do team colors?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 6:35:40 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Interesting, do you intend to do team colors?

what do you mean ?

This is just Earthen Alliance Scout.. ;D the others will get other ships of course.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 6:55:08 PM
If two players were to pick the earth alliance, how would you tell the difference between their ships?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 6:59:14 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
If two players were to pick the earth alliance, how would you tell the difference between their ships?

well it will be the same as original.. you will have the colored circle. showing you wich ship. I don't think you see it now in the battle do you ?

Finished smiley: biggrin

maybe Texture will be redone.. but i have to know wich resoloution ES supports.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 8:08:09 PM
Cool, you could also color any ship lights as well....space is very dark after all!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 8:13:37 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Cool, you could also color any ship lights as well....space is very dark after all!

i don't think it would be possible, since we can only change the asset of the Ship. so if player2 would build this Ship.. it would be the same.. since it is the same ship so also the same model smiley: biggrin

am i making any sense ? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 8:29:08 PM
I suppose, its a shame you can't link colors to team color however.

smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 9:53:33 AM
I have redone the UVW's and rendering out new AO map and will do a new Texture.. i will show the model with an 4k Texture map.. ;D but the game won't be able to use that i guess.. we will see ;D maybe 2k for mod.

ps.. and it takes frickin ages.. smiley: biggrin AO map rendering takes about 30-45 min i guess
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 12:33:11 PM
Looking at an AO Map = 2 Seconds

Editing an AO Map = 15 Minutes

Rendering an AO Map = 2 Hours and counting -.- smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 1:02:48 PM
You people are fricking crazy smiley: biggrin

But ... carry on ^^

I find it funny that the big mod project is B5, and not startrek (more famous, many series, way more episodes and ... definitively crushed B5 in the egg). It's original, and a good idea.

Just a question, totally out of curiosity : what is the soft used to make the ships ? I can't be part of the project, but I'm curious to try to do some and it doesn't look like a render made by those I know.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 2:58:48 PM
What you speak, sir, is heretical!
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment