Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

B5 Project - Babylon 5 Mod for Endless Space

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 3:09:07 PM
thashepherd wrote:
replace Sheredyn with United Federation of Planets
The current plan as I understand it is to replace all factions with the nine news ones.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 3:14:52 PM
Harel55 wrote:
The current plan as I understand it is to replace all factions with the nine news ones.

That's a shame! I'm a huge Trekky, and there's nary a Phaser to be found in Endless Dream.

Read my lips: No. Phasers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 3:56:15 PM
Aiseant wrote:
You people are fricking crazy smiley: biggrin

But ... carry on ^^

I find it funny that the big mod project is B5, and not startrek (more famous, many series, way more episodes and ... definitively crushed B5 in the egg). It's original, and a good idea.

Just a question, totally out of curiosity : what is the soft used to make the ships ? I can't be part of the project, but I'm curious to try to do some and it doesn't look like a render made by those I know.

I like star trek, BUT...

I love Babylon 5. Seriously B5 is definatly better then star trek (imo)

But as i said star trek will be our (Pleasure dont talk we will do it smiley: wink ) next big mod.

Atm i am still learning to model but who knows maybe by the time we get to that point maybe i am able to model the ships myself smiley: wink

U got it thats the plan
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 4:23:16 PM
Aiseant wrote:
You people are fricking crazy smiley: biggrin

But ... carry on ^^

I find it funny that the big mod project is B5, and not startrek (more famous, many series, way more episodes and ... definitively crushed B5 in the egg). It's original, and a good idea.

Just a question, totally out of curiosity : what is the soft used to make the ships ? I can't be part of the project, but I'm curious to try to do some and it doesn't look like a render made by those I know.

1. The Software i use is 3d Studio Max, but you can use any 3d Program you like. (Cinema4d, Lightwave, Blender) to name only a few..

And I like Star Trek smiley: biggrin but before i make a Star Trek mod i would do a Battlestar galactica Mod ! (Why ? Because there are Thousands of Star trek Games and Mods allready out.. it seems pointless.)

mJrA wrote:

But as i said star trek will be our (Pleasure dont talk we will do it smiley: wink ) next big mod.

Nope ! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 11:52:57 PM
High Res Preview of the Shuttle (Better Render Setup and 4k Textures)

Click for Full Resoloution

i am still working on Textures though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 22, 2012, 10:41:37 AM
Looks still pretty awesome smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 3:13:23 PM
Hey Guys, just wanted to inform you briefly about the work on the B5 mod.

Here is a short list what we're currently working on:

* Babylon 5 specific heroes (80% Done)

* Babylon 5 specific technologies (10% Done)

* Improvement for the Galaxy Generator (5% Done)

* AI Improvements (5% Done)

Besides this Pleasure is already working on the 3D models. But to integrate the 3D models into the mod, we need the official 3D mod support. So we have to wait. smiley: wink

Here also some general information about the mod:

* The mod will be released both in English as well as German

* We don't have an exact release date for the mod

* We're currently a team of 4 people (If you're interessed in joining us, check out our initial post smiley: biggrin)

For more information visit our official Mod website and track our ModDB profile.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 4:45:41 PM
Your website looks great! You guys are making real rapid progress; I'm impressed with all of the 'small' things like icons, smileys, heroes, etc. you're doing to really set the 'flavor' of Babylon 5.

I would volunteer to do some work for you, but I've never seen B5 (and in terms of raw coding - Endless Dream is a demanding woman). The B5 and ED teams are planning really different, wild, and interesting first releases! As for me personally, I would absolutely be in favor of sharing resources if our teams end up specializing in different areas - better mods are better for the community, so just ask.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 6:47:24 PM
thashepherd wrote:
Your website looks great! You guys are making real rapid progress; I'm impressed with all of the 'small' things like icons, smileys, heroes, etc. you're doing to really set the 'flavor' of Babylon 5.

I would volunteer to do some work for you, but I've never seen B5 (and in terms of raw coding - Endless Dream is a demanding woman). The B5 and ED teams are planning really different, wild, and interesting first releases! As for me personally, I would absolutely be in favor of sharing resources if our teams end up specializing in different areas - better mods are better for the community, so just ask.

Very Nice of you to offer smiley: biggrin we may take you up on that smiley: biggrin for now i am very pleased with the speed we are progressing. Models of course will still take a while because i am the only one right now doing them and there are 44 more models to go. I am currently working on the second one.. wich will be a Starfury Thunderbolt smiley: biggrin so you guys can be exited about that.

Maybe we can set up a meeting in Teamspeak thashepherd discuss a little about Endless Space Modding smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 6:48:28 PM
Pleasure wrote:
Very Nice of you to offer smiley: biggrin we may take you up on that smiley: biggrin for now i am very pleased with the speed we are progressing. Models of course will still take a while because i am the only one right now doing them and there are 44 more models to go. I am currently working on the second one.. wich will be a Starfury Thunderbolt smiley: biggrin so you guys can be exited about that.

Maybe we can set up a meeting in Teamspeak thashepherd discuss a little about Endless Space Modding smiley: biggrin

Sure, PM me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 6:57:23 PM
thashepherd wrote:
Sure, PM me.
i don't know when the others have time smiley: biggrin i will ask them and get back to ya.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 27, 2012, 4:53:10 PM
since we can now add Faction picturessmiley: biggrin i have updated our mod with some pics smiley: biggrin have a look at the Screen smiley: wink

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 6:28:49 AM
Warcaster wrote:
Awesome! watching this mod with baited breath

Banditks wrote:
This is going to be an AWESOME mod

Glad you Guys like it. We are trying our best. It is still far from finished though.. the Hardest part is creating all the Art Assets. Unfortunately i am currently the only Guy working on this.. but i will try my best to get it done smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 6:00:35 PM
when you say art assets do you mean things like the module icons and research images? or are we talking ship textures and gifs
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 6:05:00 PM
Warcaster wrote:
when you say art assets do you mean things like the module icons and research images? or are we talking ship textures and gifs

well i am doing models, textures and some 2d images as in hero images and faction images. With hardest part i meant the time it takes to create models and the coresponding Textures.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 2:40:28 PM
Banditks wrote:
If i was a good enough artist I would offer my help. however http://banditks.deviantart.com/ i am pretty bad with 3ds max.

Practice makes Perfect! I am glad to find a fellow modeler here finally smiley: biggrin even though you are only a "beginner" i think you will get better quite fast. I pmed you a website where superb tutorials are with high poly modeling, low poly and uvw unwrapping and rendering smiley: biggrin

If you are willing to learn, and give it some time we would offer you a position in our mod team. After you have gotten some experience via those tuts. (If you like of course)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment