Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

B5 Project - Babylon 5 Mod for Endless Space

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 5:54:05 PM
awesome!

i love B5 and would really like to see a B5 mod for ES! smiley: smile

hopefully you guys find enough ppl and supporters for this mod!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 5:48:35 AM
Hey guys, sorry for disappearing especially because you were depending on me to draw up the base technology tree. I just started school a week ago and things have been pretty hectic, but I'll try to get in work every weekend. The full technology tree will take some time, but I'll try to update you guys every time I finish a tier.

P.S. Do you want me to keep the effects of every research the same/a little different but the same principle, or do you want me to make them from scratch but fit in all the same trees and the really important technologies?

P.P.S. Would you mind changing the names of the strategic resources and luxury resources?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 2:37:24 PM
Harel55 wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for disappearing especially because you were depending on me to draw up the base technology tree. I just started school a week ago and things have been pretty hectic, but I'll try to get in work every weekend. The full technology tree will take some time, but I'll try to update you guys every time I finish a tier.

P.S. Do you want me to keep the effects of every research the same/a little different but the same principle, or do you want me to make them from scratch but fit in all the same trees and the really important technologies?

P.P.S. Would you mind changing the names of the strategic resources and luxury resources?

add me in Steam Harel smiley: biggrin i have pmed you my username
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 6:56:19 PM
It's really good idea, i like Babylon 5. Good luck for your work smiley: wink

Question: why you don't integrate in this mod the League of Non-Aligned Worlds with Abbai, Brakiri, Cascor, Drazi, Gaim, Grome, Hurr, Hyach, Ipsha, Llort, Lumati, Markab, pak'ma'ra, Vree, and Yolu. I know that all this races don't have a ship disgn , but the other they have one less.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 3:32:24 AM
tikitza wrote:
It's really good idea, i like Babylon 5. Good luck for your work smiley: wink

Question: why you don't integrate in this mod the League of Non-Aligned Worlds with Abbai, Brakiri, Cascor, Drazi, Gaim, Grome, Hurr, Hyach, Ipsha, Llort, Lumati, Markab, pak'ma'ra, Vree, and Yolu. I know that all this races don't have a ship disgn , but the other they have one less.

That is a nice suggestion tikitza, we will discuss that.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 4:27:13 PM
JuMiGe wrote:
the reason for me to buy this game smiley: wink yeah b5

That is really nice to hear ;D but don't expect a Release soon.. still far away from that...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 5:00:56 AM
Pleasure wrote:
That is really nice to hear ;D but don't expect a Release soon.. still far away from that...

It starts to get trend in these major projects: "we will release soon (tm)". Soon being "the moment we realize how to not having to add all xml files to each race" smiley: smile

Adding swarms alone to Dream nearly doubled size... dreadful to imagine what happens once one has added all the races smiley: biggrin

Aaand I assume that you have exactly same problems (btw just in case you didn't know how to make subfolders, I recommend looking index.xml of the dream project) smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 2:45:39 PM
Hupailija wrote:
It starts to get trend in these major projects: "we will release soon (tm)". Soon being "the moment we realize how to not having to add all xml files to each race" smiley: smile

Adding swarms alone to Dream nearly doubled size... dreadful to imagine what happens once one has added all the races smiley: biggrin

Aaand I assume that you have exactly same problems (btw just in case you didn't know how to make subfolders, I recommend looking index.xml of the dream project) smiley: smile

since we have same number of Races as original, we kinda just edit them.. because we don't wan't to have them in the Mod anyways smiley: biggrin it makes it a lot easier.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 8, 2012, 1:20:56 PM
This sounds like an awesome project, I love Babylon 5. The story, dialouge and the ships were all very unqiue. Although Babylon 5 is very heavy on the Diplomacy side, it will be interesting to ssee how that works as its not the strongest point on Endless Sapce.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 9, 2012, 11:46:05 AM
Awaiting this mod with abated breathe! smiley: biggrin

you are definitely leading the way in terms of Endless Space modding smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 10, 2012, 1:52:05 PM
Sorry for no Updates Guys.. we are currently very busy with some real life stuff.. but we have not forgotten our Fans ;D we will continue soon and will have some Updates for you then. Give it some Time though..

Model and Texture support is coming soon to Endless Space, so we can finaly Test Models and Textures and continue our Work.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 12, 2012, 8:33:24 PM
Well guys i am back for now smiley: wink Had some serious Provider issues i had to take care of smiley: wink Hopefully i stay online. Damn Provider smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 15, 2012, 7:47:07 PM
Hi guys i wanted to show u some progress. We have added the Heroes Images. There are still minor changes within the heroes needed but i think soon we will have our first games in our b5 universe smiley: wink

Heroes image 1

Heroes image 2

In the next few days i will add more details to the heroes (add the amount of skill points each hero) and maybe we will change the hero classes. Still discussing that option.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 20, 2012, 11:12:21 AM
To all B5 Fans out there who are waiting for our mod. We need some help. At the moment we are looking for some ideas what hero classes we should create. at the moment they are: Administrator, Pilot, Corporate, Commander and adventurer. Another thing is what abilities would u like?

I appreciate every idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 20, 2012, 12:43:55 PM
Telepath?

With Ability's concerning boosting approval and using devastating battle-cards in combat.

They would be Inefficient at FIDS generation, But great at other things, more devious things.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 20, 2012, 1:11:59 PM
I like that idea smiley: wink Consider it done smiley: wink it will be the first class smiley: wink How dumb i am i didnt have that idea xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 20, 2012, 8:01:31 PM
Just finished the rework of the Race images. Hope u like them even more now.

click to view image

And we have done some progress with finding new hero classes which are: Telepaths, embassadors, Pilots, Rangers and maybe presidents.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 7, 2012, 5:38:50 PM
Hey Guys,

Unfortunately, I'm going to deliver bad news.

I'll leave the B5-Project due the lack of time.

With the new university semester, a new part-time job and my own big project I can't manage to participate in the B5-Project as it deserved.

Unfortunately, these are not the only bad news.

With me gone, there are only Pleasure and mJrA left in the modding team.

One of the big problems of the B5-Project is the lack of support from other modders and our relatively small team.

After a meeting with both, we decided to stop the work on the B5-Mod for now.

This doesn't mean that the mod development is discontinued completely.

Should the B5-Modding-Team find new members and supporters, the development could be resumed.

I wish the B5 mod everything good and I hope that some people will join the modding team.

Greetings theRob
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 2:26:15 AM
Is it possible to zip up any documents and modified xml files, and attach them to a post here? This way in case anybody else wants to pick it up, they will be able to benefit from your starting work.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment