Sandbox

Yes
No
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 9, 2012, 5:43:39 PM
WhAtEvErYoUmEaN wrote:
It is an intended de-balance, giving you everything to test out every Feature in ES.

I am working on some kind of de-Sandbox System Improvement that reverts the changes done by the Sandbox Trait on a single System or some kind of that.

But first i need to fix the current release, i hope i will get it ready on wednesday. But i have a lot of other work to do in the moment

Im saying that. the colony problem is because of the population growth isn´t as fast as the economy (read FIDS) growth, so the overall pace is limited. maybe you should add some sort of population growth bonus too. to balance this. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 9, 2012, 5:19:03 PM
Madrox wrote:
I think not.

but it could use some more testing, maybe there is a error caused by the very configurations on the XML, unintended de-balance maybe?

It is an intended de-balance, giving you everything to test out every Feature in ES.

I am working on some kind of de-Sandbox System Improvement that reverts the changes done by the Sandbox Trait on a single System or some kind of that.

But first i need to fix the current release, i hope i will get it ready on wednesday. But i have a lot of other work to do in the moment
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 6:39:19 PM
WhAtEvErYoUmEaN wrote:
So the Colony Module itself never was the Problem?

I think not.

but it could use some more testing, maybe there is a error caused by the very configurations on the XML, unintended de-balance maybe?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 6:22:50 PM
Madrox wrote:
This atachment is the new version of the Sandbox mod?

obs: i found the problem on the colony ship, i couldný build more because i had no pop! xD

That was a noob mistake. xD

So the Colony Module itself never was the Problem?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 6:14:31 PM
This atachment is the new version of the Sandbox mod?

obs: i found the problem on the colony ship, i couldný build more because i had no pop! xD

That was a noob mistake. xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 12:45:41 AM
Great solution, but i came up with another problem, i´ve been playing either with the Automatons or with the Pilgrims so i didn´t noticed it yet. The actual system is incredibly disvantageous to Sophons, you see, their affinity is basically the Tax percentage is inversely proportional to the research bonus. like that: IF you set 0% of taxes you receive a 50% of bonus, if you put 100% taxes you receive 50% o research malus. So, every time i try to to put 100% taxes to get some huge amounts of dust in early game, my Science advancement is too slow, and i can´t use dust to speed up the research. You see the problem?

Another thing, i tried to see how the mod works out with another mods but it would be nice to have a list of incompatible mods. So far i tested only with Igncom1's Totally unbalanced mod and worked fine so far. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 7, 2012, 10:26:45 AM
Hmm, downloading the attachment doesn't work for me.. I'm a new user, could there be some restriction for me? Couldn't find anything about it in the FAQs..

Could you possibly upload to mediafire or so? Thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 11:49:56 AM
Madrox wrote:
I get this problem too. D:

Weird, i'll rewrite the Code with the newest Files, maybe that will help. Look for Update 1.0.2 smiley: biggrin

Update: Code is rewritten, testing now --- expect Upload on 7th October
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 11:03:19 PM
WhAtEvErYoUmEaN wrote:
I have no Problem with this, neither i have changed any of the scripts that have anything to do with the ship modules, but i'll have a look at it.

Edit:

I have tried adding a Colonizing Module, creating a Ship and colonizing another Planet. It worked without Problems.

Make sure you have a clean Installation of ES

I get this problem too. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 1:43:38 PM
Hydrnaros wrote:
I have found a bug already. Colony ships. or better yet the seeding module glitches and you cannot make any colony ships.

I have no Problem with this, neither i have changed any of the scripts that have anything to do with the ship modules, but i'll have a look at it.

Edit:

I have tried adding a Colonizing Module, creating a Ship and colonizing another Planet. It worked without Problems.

Make sure you have a clean Installation of ES
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 5:01:42 AM
I have found a bug already. Colony ships. or better yet the seeding module glitches and you cannot make any colony ships.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 3:11:22 PM
I'll keep an eye out for bugs or things that could improve smiley: smile

This can also be very useful to do some game research (Best planet type, ..)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 3:08:32 PM
adder wrote:
Nice little mod we have here! Very good job.smiley: wink

Thanks smiley: biggrin

If you have any Suggestions, just post them
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 3:03:07 PM
Nice little mod we have here! Very good job.smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 6:06:35 PM
Madrox wrote:
Sophon affinity gives you 50% of Science bonus when taxes are 0%.

I was wrong, aprtly, but still, when i put the tax rate at 100% the Sophon bonus is essentially useless. D:

I was confusing things. sorry.

No Problem, as long as the costs stay Zero i'm happy
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 15, 2012, 3:28:37 PM
Won't the AI also benefit from all those changes and thus make it not so super-easy afterall?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 14, 2012, 9:24:16 PM
Now you got me, the problem is, the Sophon are a purely scientific race, so, when yu take the research challenge out of the game, they are useless. Maybe change the very Sophon lore, something like engineering genius with bonus on Industry and Food instead of science, something like that.

.-.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 14, 2012, 8:37:58 PM
Madrox wrote:
I know, ther eis anyway to change the Affinity bonus given by any faction?

Well, of course, if you want to have another sophon affinity bonus, write it here, let's see who has the best one.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment