Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] "Fair Fight" combat re-balance mod.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 4:53:05 PM
Good news. Hef (one of the devs) has found the error that prevented my mod from working. Apparently i had added (by mistake) new Star System improvements in the research tree that were not defined anywhere; that caused a crash when the tech was researched and the improvement could not be unlocked. Now that this stupid mistake is out of the way, i can finish that darn version of my mod and finally be over with it. I will be working on this today and hopefully have something to release soon.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 9:29:37 PM
Great news. Good luck, look forward to seeing how your mod affects the new version
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 3:01:30 AM
Steaker wrote:
Great news. Good luck, look forward to seeing how your mod affects the new version

Well, i'm currently finishing up my Classic version of the mod, for the expansion it will take me some time (i haven't played the EXP much so i don't even know how it is without mods).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 4:15:34 AM
Version 1.34 is up (Classic only). The tech tree bug is no more, the mod should work fine. I started to change each races affinities/perks and their cost but it's unfinished. It's been a long while since i modded this game so there might be a few bugs/typos left due to how long the mod has been on the "back burner". Please report anything i may have missed so i can fix it up ASAP.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 11:16:43 AM
Greyborea wrote:
Great stuff smiley: smile

Yeah, took me a while to make it work but now it's there. At least, it works with the current version of the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 10:17:42 PM
Well, for now i haven't worked much on the mod. I'm waiting on some feedback before deciding what to do next, and also seeing how the rescent patches are working. There seem to be a lot of bugs in the game right now so i'm sparing myself some frustration trying to debug my mod for problems caused by the game itself (especially for the EXP, i'm waiting for a more stable version before trying to port my mod there). I'm planning on spending some time on it in the next few days though, feedback or not.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 16, 2013, 9:53:06 PM
Well, anyone wants to comment the current version of the mod?

Today i have been playing my mod using the latest beta patch (VIP). Only about 40 turns or so but i lost one of my system to the Cravers. The bastards had a bigger fleet with a hero, and their designs had both missiles and kinetics while my ships had no missiles (yet). I guess i'm rusty, usually don't lose my systems so easily...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 17, 2013, 2:37:05 PM
Snatched two hours of play today, must say that hitherto I am happy with the mod and have no specific issues. It takes me also some time to get used to the game again, as I quit when you dropped the mod a few months back smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 17, 2013, 3:14:14 PM
Greyborea wrote:
Snatched two hours of play today, must say that hitherto I am happy with the mod and have no specific issues. It takes me also some time to get used to the game again, as I quit when you dropped the mod a few months back smiley: smile

Been so long i have some troubles getting back in, hence why i haven't been updating the mod at my usual pace. I'm currently updating it to the latest version of the game and i'm looking for other things to tweak/fix. I'm sure my mod still has bugs but i haven't run into them yet. A bit hard to find them all on my own...
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 19, 2013, 10:44:10 PM
Don't make mods for people, make mods because you like the outcome.....and then share that mod!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 19, 2013, 11:17:20 PM
Well said, that's how I am going about it too.

Problem with making mods for people is that you don't really get much out of it, so when something else comes up in your life, the mod ends up at the bottom of the priority list. Plus, you'll enjoy it a lot more if you're working something you really want to do. And if you find other like-minded people out there then all the better.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 1:00:11 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Don't make mods for people, make mods because you like the outcome.....and then share that mod!

Yeah, i know. I just feel bad i got my game back (gifted and all) but not the motivation i had to make the mod. Real life has given me lots of lemons lately and i'm tired of making lemonade with it... Don't feel like gaming or modding much.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 2:17:18 AM
I'd love to try this mod. Looks like your change log you have made has been thoroughly detailed and thats attractive. Looks like youve spent a lotta time on this mod. Looks really good. Can I load it into 1.1.1.7 and play it in Disharmony?

Thanks
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 7:05:47 AM
Foraven wrote:
Yeah, i know. I just feel bad i got my game back (gifted and all) but not the motivation i had to make the mod. Real life has given me lots of lemons lately and i'm tired of making lemonade with it... Don't feel like gaming or modding much.

Dude, life comes first, the rest can wait smiley: smile Hope things go better.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 9:31:03 AM
I love this mod (the only mod I use) and am waiting for the update so I can start playing it with the Harmony release. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 1:47:52 PM
dizzy_xc wrote:
I'd love to try this mod. Looks like your change log you have made has been thoroughly detailed and thats attractive. Looks like youve spent a lotta time on this mod. Looks really good. Can I load it into 1.1.1.7 and play it in Disharmony?

Thanks

Unfortunately not, i haven't made it compatible with Disharmony yet.

Greyborea wrote:
Dude, life comes first, the rest can wait smiley: smile Hope things go better.

Thanks. Things will get better, it just look rather bleak right now.

handers wrote:
I love this mod (the only mod I use) and am waiting for the update so I can start playing it with the Harmony release. smiley: biggrin

I will eventually get there. But it's better for me to wait for the EXP to get less bug ridden first though.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment