Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASE] Combo Pluss

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 29, 2013, 6:58:25 PM
FANTASTIC IDEA!

Traitful Factions

While testing sandbox, a MASSIVE light bulb appeared over my head!

Instead of modifying a core game file through the ES directory or even as a mod, I can just create a faction trait that subtracts points from your total cost!

This way, YOU can decide how uber you would like to make your new faction, and it is fully customizable in-game!

Updates on the way:

[CODE]v1.1 (First addition update!)

Added Sandbox v2.1

Combined with new Traitful Factions v1.1

Modified description and organization of Index.xml[/CODE]
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 3:20:11 AM
TheMattHadder wrote:

Thank you a ton for the kind words.

It seems that some people have already figured their own ways of merging their favorite mods.

I just thought to release mine, as the only option that I found was the broken Midwerkz Inc. combo.

I was under the assumption that Sandbox was no longer compatible and working correctly.

Either way, that sounds fun to me.

Everyone seems to say that Sandbox is broken, at least, anywhere I saw it mentioned, but I never had any problem running it. I can still launch it if I want, it just disables the Disharmony DLC.

FANTASTIC IDEA!

Traitful Factions

While testing sandbox, a MASSIVE light bulb appeared over my head!

Instead of modifying a core game file through the ES directory or even as a mod, I can just create a faction trait that subtracts points from your total cost!

This way, YOU can decide how uber you would like to make your new faction, and it is fully customizable in-game!

Essentially that's the same, yes. The only thing lacking then is the economy/food/etc mods. But it might be easier to just write in new traits then to try and get Sandbox to work. Whenever I was merging mods that seemed to be the one that broke everything in the end.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 3:23:20 AM
RollinRollin13 wrote:
Everyone seems to say that Sandbox is broken, at least, anywhere I saw it mentioned, but I never had any problem running it. I can still launch it if I want, it just disables the Disharmony DLC.

Essentially that's the same, yes. The only thing lacking then is the economy/food/etc mods. But it might be easier to just write in new traits then to try and get Sandbox to work. Whenever I was merging mods that seemed to be the one that broke everything in the end.

I have Sandbox working in Combo Pluss 1.1 and if the DLC permits it, 1.1.1.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 3:36:56 AM
Running it now. I don't know if it's just the new DLC or the mod package, but if it's set to auto-launch the game derps on the final loading screen (the one with the Harmony on it). I don't know if it's just slow loading, or just wont load at all, but I'm at over a minute of nothing. I'm going to try launching without it set to auto-launch.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 3:48:39 AM
Apologies for the double post, just wanted to make sure this was seen.

I've launched v1.1 with the 1.1.1 patch, and it looks like Sandbox broke everything. It's compatible with the Disharmony DLC, but Pirate Appearance is gone, and I'm pretty sure a number of the trait mods are as well. From what I remember when I was merging Sandbox with other mods, it has a tendency to break anything else that edits traits, not all, but most. I haven't looked at your files, but if you simply drag and drop the Simulation files it'll over-write anything where the mod's author didn't write a new Simulation file, but just edited the default one.

Of course I'm just assuming how you did this, and I'm not really sure, but I know that if Sandbox is going to work with another trait file, the Simulation files need to be carefully merged together (if they share the same name). Let me know if you need any more help. I'm by no means an expert on modding, but I've spent a good few hours merging. Though, never awfully successful, so I don't know how good of a resource I am. :P
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 4:00:20 AM
I couldn't get ES to launch with v1.1 for some reason. May have been something I did through.

I tested in game a bit and found that a alternativ Galaxy Generator, Colored Anomalies, and Imperium Aeterna work (as far as I can remember each mod on its own). Sandbox works as well, as well as one of the trait mods, but I can't recall which one.

The tech tree that comes in Imperium Aeterna? is active, but the new DLC techs are gone as far as I can tell.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 4:16:09 AM
Thanks so much for your pioneering so far!

I am currently playing a game of ES Classic v1.1.4 with Combo Pluss v1.1.

Everything is working splendidly.

Try verifying your cache files for ES, deleting the mod completely, unpack v1.1 without the DLC hotfix into your modding folder, and load it up with ES Classic.

Still having issues?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 6:58:31 AM
1.I put your compliation mod into disharmony forder

Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding\

2.Launch the game

[EndlessSpaceVersionMasterDisharmony1.1.4]

3.Click on [Mods]

4.Select [ComboPlus] and click load

5.The game loads [ComboPlus] and loads [Classic]

[EndlessSpaceVersionMasterClassic1.1.4]

6. I can play the game now.

Ok I tried to use a way suggested by user named fulcrum in another thread

Fulcrum wrote:
Insert

Disharmony

into the index.xml file of the mod you want to use with Disharmony, and place the mod folder in ".../Documents/Endless Space/Disharmony/Modding" as mentioned.

Make sure you insert the text between the tags at the beginning and end of the file.

The mod loaded with disharmony, I'm pretty sure that bugs existing in Classic will still persist here.

and it crashed while computing improvement progress during end of turn, yeah I think this will need a lot of work. Some of those mods are clearly incompatible with disharmony.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 1:37:01 AM
Sarnum wrote:
Stuff

The instructions I wrote in my first post depict exactly that.

The Fulcrum quote is precisely what I have added, and the only thing I have added, to the DLC hotfixes.

You don't need to do a single thing to any of the files in this compilation.

Everything has already been done for you.

I apologize if I was unclear.

How can I make the instructions more clear?

(I realize that this may sound sarcastic, but I do not mean it that way.)

Thank you for testing on Disharmony.

I will take down the hotfix for Combo Pluss as I see that they are incompatible as of v1.1.1.

Once I obtain a copy of Disharmony, I will port over the compilation.

Have you tried Traitful Factions v2.0.1?

Is it compatible with Disharmony?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 5:11:38 AM
RollinRollin13 wrote:
Running it now. I don't know if it's just the new DLC or the mod package, but if it's set to auto-launch the game derps on the final loading screen (the one with the Harmony on it). I don't know if it's just slow loading, or just wont load at all, but I'm at over a minute of nothing. I'm going to try launching without it set to auto-launch.

Im getting the same problem while trying to load mod, i know this is probably a stupid question,but how do i turn off auto-launch?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 5:32:37 AM
I managed to butcher the mod a bit and extended traits + galaxy generator work perfectly with disharmony without crashes so far.

I'm pretty sure that the changes to tech trees and extra anomalies from other mods might cause conflicts.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment