Super Nova (Disharmony)

Liked Super Nova
Didn't like Super Nova
Never tried Super Nova
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 30, 2013, 8:40:59 AM
Thanks Silvermane, this is great. I hope you will keep it updated with new devs releases and / or with new ideas you might have overtime!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 1, 2013, 1:28:19 AM
Unable to find the line to modify to use alternative galaxy generator.

Did I ever mention I really like the fresh new different ES feel? It does have many walls of text, though ;p
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 1, 2013, 4:29:27 AM
I corrected the instructions to say localization_xp1_locales.xml You can search for to find the beginning of the part to uncomment.

I'm glad you like it. Sorry about the walls of text, but there is no wiki for Super Nova so this thread is all people have to go by.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 15, 2013, 6:30:12 PM
Hi,

i really like this mod. i have researched all techs and something makes me worry. the harmony cant research for kinetic weapons modul 4 and kinetic 5. It say Required unknown technology.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 15, 2013, 11:09:27 PM
Hello Trippl3b,

Thanks for reporting this problem. It's fixed in the latest version. The final release had 87 downloads before someone found a problem. Not too bad. Please let me know if you run into anything else.

Cheers,

Silvermane
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 28, 2013, 11:48:21 PM
Thanks for creating this mod, I'm really enjoying it as well.

You've inspired me to dig into the XML myself!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 5, 2013, 12:58:04 AM
It might be possible. You would have to install both mods, then edit index.xml for Super Nova merging in this information (adjusting the paths as necessary to make it work):

Simulation/AFTMFactionTrait.xml

Simulation/AFTMFactionTrait.xml

Simulation/AFTMEmpireTraitDescriptor.xmlSimulation/AFTMFactionTrait.xml

Simulation/AFTMEmpireTraitDescriptor.xml

Unfortunately, it's not something I want to spend time on because I've moved on to other games.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 5, 2013, 3:20:26 PM
So you abandoned this mod?

Or will you work on it when new patches or something like this will come out?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 5, 2013, 4:16:33 PM
This mod is finished, not abandoned. I think the devs are working on new games except perhaps for a token effort; so I don't expect much by way of new content.

If they did come out with a significant release that required me to manually merge their changes to the XML files with my changes to the XML files, I doubt I would do that. Anyone who has been through that process knows it is a major pain in the neck.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 13, 2013, 11:50:07 PM
do you have a version available to classic? if not could you just have your changes to the AI cheating ported over to classic? i have no intention of buying the expansion til i can at least finish 1 game...and ive been trying for about a year so its not looking good unless i can find a way to stop the AIs cheating.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 16, 2013, 8:15:42 PM
I've been playing this mod recently, and so far I'm really enjoying it.

I've come across something while playing as the Sheredyn, however.

The racial tech Proprietary Sheredyn provides a Deployment Network that does not have a production cost after you research it, and it will instead take 260 turns to complete no matter how productive the system is. Is this intended or is it a mistake?

260 turns seems like an awful long time to wait....
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 16, 2013, 10:05:44 PM
That's a bug. I changed it to 10 turns in the current version - just like vanilla Endless Space.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 20, 2013, 6:32:03 PM
The mod is great, its like playing a new game especially with tech tree and graphical changes.

I am encountering a problem with combat my ships firing long range lasers wont fire in the first long range round.

The most recent battle was vs ai who is firing while retreating at the long range phase but I am not firing back and then combat ends resulting in taking damage while dishing none out.

Has anyone else encountered this happening in games?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 20, 2013, 8:14:18 PM
Each battle has a long, medium, and short range phase during which ships exchange fire.

Each phase is divided into 4 rounds.

Retreat allows 2 rounds of fire unopposed.

Offensive retreat allows 3 rounds of fire exchanged.

Long range weapons require 4 rounds to fire.

Medium range weapons require 2 rounds to fire.

Short range weapons fire every round.

That means if either side retreats, there won't be time for long range weapons to fire.

Offensive retreat is useful against fleets with lots of long range weapons (and the AI knows it).

Please let me know if you still have questions on how this should work.

Cheers,

Silvermane
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 21, 2013, 12:15:11 AM
I've just started playing this mod, credit where credit is due, I'd become a bit jaded with disharmony, but I'm really enjoying Supernova so far. thanks for the work you've put in.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment