Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Imperium Aeterna

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 18, 2013, 10:48:19 PM
problem is with Simulation/Hull.xml

i removed it form index and AI back probably is problem with ship names, and ai dont take it correctly
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 19, 2013, 6:01:44 PM
Just grasping at straws isn't going to find a fix for this, hull.xml only changes existing values so it's not the "ship names" which have not been altered at all.

However it does change the health, weight, and command point requirements for the ships, which is pretty clearly the issue.

Past mods that changed these values had the same issues with AI ship building, unpredictable and not occurring for every user, to my knowledge no solution was ever found.

What I believe we have here is an issue where the AI routines either take issue with using the larger command point demands of the larger ships, or they calculate the smaller ships to be of more value on a tonnage per CP ratio, or some combination.

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything in the game files that addresses this sort of logic, perhaps Ail might know more about that from an AI standpoint.

Personally I far prefer the game with the ship changes in place as it feels more like the separate ship classes have value rather than mostly being more of the same.

Under the circumstances though it might just be that these sorts of changes are not conducive to use by every player.

Maybe the game Dev's could shed a little more light on the issue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 19, 2013, 9:08:18 PM
+1 for the quest of devs taking a peek and also possibly improve current vanilla ship classes!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 3, 2013, 5:09:31 AM
so first off, i love this mod, its great! buut im having an issue where it seems that the ai is just not attacking me at all, ever in the game. i dont have much experience with the vanilla version of endless space, so if im just being a nub and missing something educate me ><. from looking at the defense bonuses given from the new buildings in the new tech line, i was thinking maybe this is it, end game, my systems have a military defense undefended by ships of like 40k. but even before that they just never attacked me, and i was definatly at war with them. i noticed them ripping into eachother, just never me. i was on the hard difficulty.

thanks in advance!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 4:49:15 PM
So I've been playing the mod recently, and I think I have encountered a bug. I just researched the tech for Adaptive Industrial System (the food to industry converter) and built the improvement in a system, but it doesn't seem to be working? Any idea what is going on?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 6:08:15 PM
Your system needs to be at max population for the Adaptive Industrial System to take effect.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 5:13:20 PM
Has this mod been abandoned? It seems to have a fatal error, given what some of the recent posts by Mindx and Crymson assert re: the no military ships bug.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 5:43:12 PM
I think the only still active one of the bigger Mods is "Fair Fight".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 3:45:10 AM
Ail wrote:
I think the only still active one of the bigger Mods is "Fair Fight".

Thanks for the FYI. Having so many other major mods being dormant is a depressing state of affairs, though. smiley: sad
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 4:26:00 AM
Most of them should still work, but expect unintended side effects!

It'll be fun if you think about it!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 3:21:41 PM
Even for my relatively small mod I had to be rather careful in order to prevent unwanted side-effects from overriding patch-changes. So the bigger the mod, the more likely that it breaks something.

I wouldn't consider it that much fun to revive old bugs/inconsistencies by using outdated mods that are based on outdated files.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 10, 2013, 12:28:39 PM
A great shame that this mod has gone quiet - I have tried it this week, and it adds some excellent features to the vanilla game.

Thanks for the tip about "Fair Fight", will take a look at that.

Certainly seems to me that ES needs a mod to make it more playable, there's too much in the UI and tech tree that feels unfinished and therefore frustrating.

That said, the vanilla game has progressed significantly since I first played it in 2012, so there's hope yet for ES

--Steaker--
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 7:26:43 AM
Hmmm....choice. Either get caught up on my woefully inadequate schoolwork...

OR

Get to work cannibalizing the remains of this mod and make it work again for my own uses....

*gets knife and fork* I REGRET NOTHING.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 7:48:05 AM
Pondera wrote:
Hmmm....choice. Either get caught up on my woefully inadequate schoolwork...

OR

Get to work cannibalizing the remains of this mod and make it work again for my own uses....

*gets knife and fork* I REGRET NOTHING.

Lol I love this kind of sense of humor, you don't see it often (quite a bit of the forum does it, but only every now and then)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 1:20:15 PM
stasik28 wrote:
Lol I love this kind of sense of humor, you don't see it often (quite a bit of the forum does it, but only every now and then)

Most do not comprehend the level of insanity that I operate at. This guy gets it. This guy right here.

Update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbhz-h_6AOA

This pretty much sums up my work on getting this mod to live again so far.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 7:06:46 AM
okay, I think I may have gotten everything about this mod working again. I fixed up the AI using Ail's more aggressive AI mod as a band-aid, and I'm not getting any errors with this set-up. However, I'm still having a few problems. For some strange reason, in battles, the weapons have no sound at all, but the engine noise and explosions still happe. Am pretty sure that's Imperium since Vanilla seems to work just fine. Any information on how to fix that would be lovely.

The other problem I'm having is that, during battles when projectiles are flying hot and heavy, my frame rate chugs to a crawl. I'm running a 2.66 Ghz Quad CPU, have 4 GB of ram, Vista OS and changed the beginning command points of the game from 5 to 18. That may be a little low for ES (or a lot low), but if anyone has info on how to further optimize this game, I'd really appreciate it. Or, if there's no way to fix it and I just have to live with it, I'd just like to know that too.

(sorry for the double post admins. Please don't burn me at the stake)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 21, 2013, 8:28:32 AM
Hi Evil Tactician, Everyone.

Really enjoyed playing Endless Space with this mod installed. smiley: biggrin

Made a 5 minute video showcasing some parts of the mod, you can view it here:

http://youtu.be/6UE6j8zWvF0

(full credits given to Mana Pool + Link)

Thanks so much for your efforts. smiley: approval
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 3, 2013, 12:29:15 AM
PLEASE HELP!!!

i started playing endless space when it first came out for steam then i left it for a while now im back and see that there are some great looking mods for the game and i am having trouble running this. i have looked on the site

http://www.manapool.co.uk/endless-space-imperium-aeterna-mod/#downloads

and followed the dirctions on installing step by step and i redownloaded the latest ver. and it still will not work and i put in my steam load options, +mod ImperiumAeterna

please, any help is welcome i can also be contacted via steam, same username.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment