Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

RELEASE: A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Nov 15, 2013, 10:06:48 PM
Hey, I noticed some tearing on the Paradise planet

It's not the best screenshot, but you can still see it smiley: stickouttongue.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 12:14:36 AM
From zee first post:

Known Issues:

• New planet type textures display faint "edges" where the cubic texture surfaces meet. This is a known graphical bug with all modded planet types in any mod, and will require a bug fix from AMPLITUDE to resolve.

smiley: cry

I've let the devs know about this a few times, but I fear it's so minor a bug it won't be addressed soon.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 11:16:47 AM
So popular opinion poll:

Now that Auriga has been added, i beleive it should be the "end-all" max research planet in the game. This means several changes, which do you like best?

Remove the Endless Library mini-wonder added by AGED?

Reduce the effects of the Endless Library mini-wonder added in AGED by 50%? (planets with this wonder would produce only slightly less science than Auriga due to the Husk of Knowledge's population bonus)

Reduce the effects of the Endless Library mini-wonder added in AGED by 50% and add a planet-wide science % bonus to the Husk of Knowledge?

Keep Plasma planets the way they are (not tested yet, but i have feeling they could wildly outpace Auriga)

Reduce the amount of science on plasma planets?

Reduce the science bonus on the Zero-Point Energy Lab?

Reduce the amount of science on plasma planets and reduce the science bonus on the Zero-Point Energy Lab?

Go hog-wild crazy and add an insane bonus to the Husk of Knowledge that makes it better than Plasma Planets and the Endless Library?

Go hog-wild crazy and add an insane bonus to the Husk of Knowledge that makes it better than Plasma Planets and the Endless Library and add a game play option for slower research (*IF* i can) so research speeds aren't insanely fast?

Leave everything as it is?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 4:08:15 PM
Reduce the amount of science on plasma planets.

Those planets are slightly too good atm anyway imo.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2013, 5:16:23 PM
Unfortunately I cannot answer your question, regarding the new balance ideas,

but I hope your are interested in the fact, that I have finally finished the german translation:

german.zip

Hopefully you like it and incorporate it into your mod. If there are any mistakes, I will try to eliminate them as soon as possible.

In case you indeed want to incorporate it, it would be nice, if you could adapt the font size for the terraforming technologies, because my translation doesn't fit 100% into the boxes at the current size.

You can see it here:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 17, 2013, 1:45:47 AM
April wrote:
Reduce the amount of science on plasma planets.

Those planets are slightly too good atm anyway imo.

I agree with this statement and I would also reduce the Endless Library bonuses also.

Most excellent job with the MOD BTW!!!!!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 18, 2013, 8:09:20 AM
I think quite a few of the AGED added items are a little bit too much. I mean, in the mid game, they aren't, but when things get going later on, they are absolutely insane due to the multiplication of increasingly large numbers.

Reduce the effects of the Endless Library mini-wonder added in AGED by 50%? - I vote for this, or even a bit more than a 50% reduction.

Reduce the amount of science on plasma planets and reduce the science bonus on the Zero-Point Energy Lab? - I vote for this as well, though I also feel the other FIDS parts of plasma might need to be adjusted downward too.

Whatever you do just don't increase any bonuses, as I said some seem to be a bit too high and tip things way too far too quickly.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 18, 2013, 1:04:18 PM
Interesting game, But Do you have another type space games that has RTS mode?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 18, 2013, 2:18:07 PM
Sunny wrote:
Interesting game, But Do you have another type space games that has RTS mode?

No and i fail to see why you keep posting about other games in my mod thread. It's pretty far off-topic. smiley: angry
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 18, 2013, 10:56:34 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
No and i fail to see why you keep posting about other games in my mod thread. It's pretty far off-topic. smiley: angry

do not feed the trolls smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 19, 2013, 9:11:02 AM
Lord_Yu wrote:
I have finally finished the german translation

sehr schön - danke! :]

will install it soon an try.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 19, 2013, 9:22:24 PM
I was 40 turns into a game yesterday, and found this extraordinary circumstance lol

...the downside was I ended up with all Cravers in the galaxy

Regarding the poll: I'd say just leave it for now, I think it would be fun to fight to control all three science powerhouses.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 20, 2013, 9:59:42 AM
Here are some teaser shots of v1.1.0 for you guys:

Nice system much? Oo

Auriga reskinned, beautifully ugly. smiley: sarcastic

Urula, now it's own unique planet. smiley: money
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 20, 2013, 1:46:41 PM
just to let yous know we got it working both mods needed to be identicaly named so maybe in future versions have the mod in a folder in the archive file so that other dont have this problem as no where on the forums or ingame states that it needs to be
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 20, 2013, 5:20:38 PM
I've corrected a mistake in my translation and uploaded the corrected version.

Now the second form of the anomaly "Hyper Ecology" (08B) should also be translated.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 21, 2013, 2:58:57 AM
LogicSequence wrote:
Here are some teaser shots of v1.1.0 for you guys:

Nice system much? Oo

Auriga reskinned, beautifully ugly. smiley: sarcastic

Urula, now it's own unique planet. smiley: money

Awesome! Making Urula a unique planet is a great idea...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 22, 2013, 2:06:15 AM
Complete noob to modding Endless Space, I assume i just shove all the files into the folder for the game?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 22, 2013, 7:46:33 AM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
Complete noob to modding Endless Space, I assume i just shove all the files into the folder for the game?

NOOO! smiley: smile The mod should be unzipped in C:\Users\***USER_ID***\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding[/I] (assuming Windows Vista/7/8), where a directory named AGalaxyofEndlessDiversity should be created when unzipped. The files will be in there. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 22, 2013, 7:59:25 AM
So i've heard back from the devs on some of the remaining issues. First off, i'd like to thank them, as always, for listening and responding.

Unfortunately, it looks as if some of the remaining issues (the edges on planet textures, for instance) are rooted too deeply in the game's code to warrant fixing; as doing so would cause more issues that would need to be addressed. I've responded and made a last plea on our behalf for what i thought was the most important remaining issue for the mod; however, i think we shouldn't get our hopes up.

Just wanted to let you all know.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment