Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

RELEASE: A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Nov 29, 2013, 7:23:12 PM
Hey, just wanted to say, I tried out a game with this mod over the last couple of days and it works great! I was really impressed with how well the additions integrate seamlessly into the regular game.

As far as whether or not Plasma planets / Endless Library is at a good balance compared to Auriga, I was only playing on Normal and using a custom faction that generally wins pretty handily no matter how the game works out. I didn't have any Plasma/Paradise planets in my starting wing, but the Sophons next to me had one with Stellar Borer on it which negates the approval penalty even before I fully build out the wonder, heh! I won pretty handily but I figured I would build everything out just to see what their end stats are like. By the end of the game, Plasma planets are hands down the best Dust producers, comparable to Auriga for Science production (actually probably slightly better since they were Small and Medium planets and Auriga was on a Large Barren), but a lack of food production means that Permanent Perrenials + Adaptive Industrial Systems will eventually allow major food producers to catch up (the one Paradise planet in the game looks like it will have the highest Industry value for that reason) on Industry. That's not until end-game though, in mid-game Plasma planets are definitely worth starting wars over, heh.

I only saw one Endless Mine and no Endless Libraries, and the Endless Mine is on a Terran planet so I'd have to terraform it into something a little more productive to see what the numbers are like there. Given that the unlock for it is at the bottom of the tech tree on the same tech as the wonder victory improvement though, I'd imagine it can't be too bad in terms of gameplay balance. I guess I'll have to play a few more games to find out smiley: mrgreen Thanks again to you and your contributing friends for an amazing job.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 13, 2013, 5:20:32 AM
Sadly my last-ditch appeal for some modding improvements didn't go over, as Amplitude is simply to busy to focus on these issues now. But let's not forget how much Amplitude has done for us in the past!

On a brighter note, AGED will have a big update fairly soon, with lots of new awesomeness! Stay tuned!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 14, 2013, 9:29:12 AM
Since the next AGED update won't be for a few days, here's a little something that will hopefully peak your intrest. Here is my personal concept art for one of AGED's new Unique Planets.

(Click to enlarge)

Enjoy!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 12:37:35 AM
really really nice and hard work!! any chance for support of the Alternativ Galaxy Generator ? would be nice if u could implement this feature as well
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 10:12:08 PM
P.S.

AGED will NOT be compatible with the Vaulters faction for the forseeable future, as i cannot play them. smiley: frown Unless someone wants to gift me the new game... Looking at you, AMPLITUDE! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 24, 2013, 11:31:40 AM
This mod had me at "... Atrociously high energy states..." Though Sister Godwinson and I might not see eye to eye, I'd like to think we could have a civil chat - I also like to think this mod will extend into the forseeable future, as it is awesome. The diversity - and prettiness - of the new planets is a strong point, and the added anomalies and tech make early game colonization more interesting; I especially like high end and extremely negative anomalies that can be become more neutral, or even positive. The planet types reminded me of shades of other games I love - most noticeably Star Control II, which I'd never thought of showing up in Endless Space, oddly enough! - and, again, add more choice and consequence to the game.

I can't see playing without this, now that I know about it. Thank you very much for the hard work, and happy holidays!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 27, 2013, 10:00:01 AM
LogicSequence wrote:
Hopefully sometime after christmas. smiley: smile I will be busy the next few days, of course.

Thank you for that. Enjoy the Christmas break, etc. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 4, 2014, 3:32:34 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
P.S.

AGED will NOT be compatible with the Vaulters faction for the forseeable future, as i cannot play them. smiley: frown Unless someone wants to gift me the new game... Looking at you, AMPLITUDE! smiley: smile

It seems compatible for now, I was just playing as Vaulters with AGED so everything seems to be fine smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 4, 2014, 4:40:10 PM
Need to try it again with the Vaulters. Steam holiday has suddenly added many new games to play at rock bottom prices. lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 4, 2014, 5:29:34 PM
Thx a lot for this mod and the hard work you have put into it. Even I haven't played it though, the overall idea is fantastic.

I have downloaded the mod, installed it and tried a multiplayer game with a friend of mine. It is not working. I guess it is because of the version. The mod in its current version is compatible with Disharmony v1.1.27 while the game at the moment is Disharmony v1.1.39. My friend is not able to connect, because it keeps on telling him the mod is not installed on his side (which is obviously not true). Anyone else experiencing this? Am I correct with the assumption it is about the different versions?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 5:08:51 AM
I'd guess that your friend doesn't have the mod installed correctly. It needs to be in his My Documents/Endless Space/Disharmony/Modding folder.

That's not the case. We can both select it and start ES together with the mod (both same version numbers on the main screen). It fails when it tries to connect to the server.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 3:06:14 PM
Cabby wrote:
Friend by chance using Win8?

Nope, also not the case. Both are using Win7. We will try a game cache verification and see if it helps.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 5, 2014, 10:39:56 PM
Cabby wrote:
If you can't find anything specific

Whatever this means ;-)

Cabby wrote:
I'd suggest posting in the tech support section as there might be a better answer from there. That and we don't keep derailing this thread. smiley: wink

Yeah, might do it, I've just thought it might be related to the mod, that's why I have posted it here.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 12:40:01 AM
So any hope for a new release soon? I am eagerly waiting, since it promised new goodies smiley: wink

Just want to give a big YAAAAAAY!! for this mod for my first post smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 17, 2014, 2:18:47 AM
Hope you had good holidays, whichever you celebrate, Logicsequence.

Looking forward to the next update. Hope its going along well. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment