Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

RELEASE: A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 12:30:35 AM
Well, that's not too far-fetched. Actually it might even be easy to combine the mods. Just a few lines of code copy and pasted and edited a little bit for consistency--I'll look into it when I get some extra time (but don't hold your breath, I don't get much extra heh).

If you want to make your universes bigger, you can edit one little file to do so:

Go to the mod (if it has the Plugins/GalaxyGenerator folders) or your endless space files (back up your files, as always, though this is a really easy thing to change back).

Open up GalaxySettings with Notepad++ or Sublime Text 2 (both free and fantastic to use to edit these files). I think you can use notepad or wordpad though, it's just been SO long since I did. Look for the following code:

[code]

[/code]

You can change the NumStars to increase the number of systems you get. HOWEVER... the highest number of stars I have been able to get to run is about 120-160 (plus the high density option, which gives +33%). If I set the number too high, the game wouldn't load (even after I waited three hours). Of course, on the Anomaly Overhaul mod, the huge setting is already set to a relatively 'safe' 120 stars:

[code][/code]

For around 160 stars, it takes about 10-20 minutes to load a galaxy. I usually start the game to making a map and then go cruise youtube until I hear the game music begin. If you set the options for high wormholes/warp lanes, your loading times will increase dramatically because each lane/wormhole has to be tested against ALL of the others for consistency during galaxy generation.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 30, 2014, 6:02:49 AM
I'd be eternally grateful if you made it happen. In the meanwhile I've adjusted this mod with the settings for a 120 stars galaxy you posted.

Thank you.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 6, 2014, 9:20:04 AM
8 month that Logic is gone... And me who wanted to ask him for adding the planet diversity to my mod ^^

Well, I will take that and give him BIG credits, this mod is awesome !
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 15, 2014, 10:47:50 PM
Hi, mb some1 can answer such question:

i can activate in same time this mode and "Combo Plus" mod from next topic in same time?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 15, 2014, 11:35:54 PM
Sadly no, you need to combine the mod. Its what im actually doing but not with "Combo Plus". I dont know that mod, what is it ?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 16, 2014, 11:02:12 AM
Oh I see, no you cant, there no compability because of the Galaxy Generator Plugin.

Well im not experimented in this kind of modding but maybe someone who master the "Galaxy generator" can combine then but actually its too hard for me sorry :/
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 20, 2014, 7:30:01 AM
Dont worry I combined it with my mod and Endless Genetic one smiley: wink

But sadly my Localisation is broken, it was working but I added new heroes and then it stopped to work oO

So im a bit late on my updates, sorry, im trying to find out the issue. But soon you should be able to play with new planets, new anomalies, new factions and new heroes smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 20, 2014, 10:21:53 PM
Kingsguard wrote:
Dont worry I combined it with my mod and Endless Genetic one smiley: wink

But sadly my Localisation is broken, it was working but I added new heroes and then it stopped to work oO

So im a bit late on my updates, sorry, im trying to find out the issue. But soon you should be able to play with new planets, new anomalies, new factions and new heroes smiley: smile

This is awesome news, and a reason for me to restart playing ES. Thank you.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 27, 2014, 5:26:24 AM
His own mod is done on top of Disharmony and Endless Genetics has no issues running on Disharmony so there shouldnt be a problem once he returns the link......subtle hint smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 1, 2014, 3:58:34 AM
Running the game with this mod is giving me a NullReferenceException, which hangs the game...
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 4, 2014, 12:15:20 AM
Apologies Kingsguard, of course it would:

Are there any issues between this mod and the larger galaxy sizes?

PS, many thanks for your prompt response :-)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 11, 2014, 9:36:25 PM
What a beautiful addition -- I'm loving the extra planet types…. but i'm having a problem...

I'm playing against the AI opponents, but they don't seem to be doing anything. They appear to be researching technology (because when i try to trade with them they have a lot to trade!), but they are not building ships or building exploits or advances on any of their planets. Has anyone else come across this issue?

It's a shame because the mod seems to work wonderfully otherwise, but without competition from the AI, it's not much of a game unfortunately...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment