Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

RELEASE: A Galaxy of Endless Diversity

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 12, 2014, 1:01:31 PM
Hi Cumberberg and welcome to the forum ! I think this mod is pretty dead sadly.

Anyway if you want to use this mod, The Endless Mod merge many mods, whose this mod is a part of.

And it works perferctly atm. And Its still updated, by nobody else than myself, so you will get more support than on this.

Good day to you smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 3:03:57 AM
Greetings Kingsguard!

Let me start by applauding you for picking up the torch and incorporating this mod into your own very cool and elaborate mod. Very nicely done smiley: smile

I have to say that I'm flummoxed. I tried your mod as well and I encountered the exact same problem. The AI opponents will send their ships off exploring, use their initial colony ship, hire an admiral, engage in trades, declare war, but they won't seem to build a single thing on their planets. No exploitations visible. No ships built, military or otherwise. Each AI, with two systems colonized, and then they just sit there… Everything else in the game seems completely operational...

Clearly your mod is working fine for you and everyone else -- I have no idea why I alone seem to be having this problem. I know zero about how to build mods. Is there a specific file (or files) in the mod that dictate AI behavior? Maybe it was corrupted somehow. I'll try deleting all of the mod files and reinstalling. But any advice you could give me would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Cumberberg
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 17, 2014, 11:21:06 PM
Thank you Cumberberg ! smiley: smile

Well, I guess everything was ok when playing the Vanilla Game ? Have you got disharmony ? Did you modify anything in the games files ?

I hope we can find out a solution for that weird issue !
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 18, 2014, 1:20:58 AM
Ugh Kingsguard, I'm pretty frustrated. For the life of me, I can't figure out what's wrong. I double checked and vanilla is working fine (Disharmony, on a Mac OSX), no issues. I have not modified any other game files. Tried deleting all of the mod files and reinstalling them, but that did not seem to help. Not sure what else to try…… So many planets, so many factions, all so tantalizing… so out of reach!
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 10, 2014, 12:37:42 AM
Updated to Version 1.2.0

Change Log:

1.2.0:

• Compatibility with Disharmony v1.1.49
  • Possible compatibility with the Vaulters faction (Unable to test)
  • Various balancing improvements
  • All previous improvements from unreleased version 1.1.0

1.1.0 (Unreleased):

• Compatibility with Disharmony v1.1.42
  • New unique planets Urula and XTR-17
  • New unique wonders for Urula and XTR-17
  • New unique planet texture for Auriga
  • Various balancing improvements
  • Other improvements

DOWNLOAD v1.2.0

ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD 1 v1.2.0
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 13, 2014, 5:26:24 AM
LogicSequence is a god among men. Thank you for continuing to update this mod; I had a hankering for Endless Space recently, but vanilla is so boring in comparison to mods like this and Anomaly Overhaul, and so few mods seem to work with the most recent version of Endless Space, released in January of this year.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 13, 2014, 1:35:28 PM
Its cool you are back, i thought the 1.0.4 would be the end because of the long time you didn´t show up.

I love your mod and the new uniqe planets are great especially XTR-17, the anomaly of it is something special.

I hope you will work further on the mod.

A combination of yours and Tiax's Anomaly Overhaul would be the ultimate mod, its a shame that it dont work at the same time.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 15, 2014, 4:59:18 AM
Yea sorry it took so long for an update, i got kind of disillusioned with the lack of updates to ES. But i wanted to at least get this update out there since there was an ES update recently!

Mixing mods can be difficult but if it's just adding anomolies that shouldn't be terribly hard, they'd just need to be tacked on to the AGED anomaly files.

Regarding the vaulters, if someone with them would take a look at the tech tree and make sure everything works right that would be nice. smiley: wink

PS.

Will probably be a minor update in the near future, found a few non-serious bugs. Like tiny galaxies with 3 unique planets when small only has 2.. DOH.

Also FYI: There's no way to 100% ensure that Auriga is included as the uniqe planet when selecting a tiny or small galaxy, but i've tried to make it that way. So 1 in 100 games Auriga will be the single uniqe planet in a tiny galaxy, etc.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47:25 PM
Is it possible to merge this mod with one that creates very dense maps? 80 stars is just not enough for me to keep my interest.

Loving this mod by the way. Encountered an Easter Egg (I'm guessing) of Santa's workshop with Extra Light FabricatorS (or something close to that) working there.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 22, 2014, 7:26:24 PM
Thank you very much!smiley: fleet

Edit:

Unfortunately I cannot get it to work because it does not appear in mods. is it not updated to the latest patch 1.1.51?

I made a mod folder called Modding in Documents\Endless Space and extracted to AGalaxyofEndlessDiversity.

HELP!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 23, 2014, 8:59:27 PM
Do you have Disharmony? If so you need to extract the aged zip file to Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding\AGalaxyofEndlessDiversity.

I had the same problem when I installed. Moved it to there and it works no problem. I can also confirm that it works with the Vaulters, although this was my first time using the Vaulters so I dunno if im missing anything. Though I did run into something odd, in that the starting planet for me was random, rather than the usual large affinity world. Not sure if this is a Vaulters thing or if its related to the mod, but it was kinda frustrating having to restart the game a dozen times to get a decent starting location (id had starts where my home planet was a gas giant or an asteroid belt, wtf).

But yeah, hope this helps.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 24, 2014, 8:08:01 PM
Thank you nazgvl! That did the trick! Every mod should have an install instructions header.

I don't have the Vaulters, but so far my campaigns with sherydin all started with earth planets.

merry Xmas.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 27, 2014, 1:27:50 PM
Hi,

The mod seems great smiley: biggrin

everything works fine except that the following NullReferenceException error occurs (it seems random):

Using Endless Space Disharmony 1.1.51

with the AGED version 1.2.0 (I've installed only this mod)

I'm on a Macbook with OSX 10.10.1 (Yosemite), the error occurs while playing in multiplayer (on Steam) with a friend on Windows 7.

Without the mod I'm not having this issue.

Thanks for your help,

Happy holydays! smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 28, 2014, 12:12:02 AM
So aside from the Vaulter starting planet wonkiness, im loving the hell out of this mod. The additional planet types adds much freshness to the game, especially when you had hundreds of hours in the original/disharmony, and is so well done that Amplitude needs to just patch this mod into the game on a permanent basis as everyone should have it.

I especially like what you did with unique planets. Expanding on what Amplitude did with Auriga, they just fit and fit well. Which brings me to the point of this post (aside from the gushing praise that is), in that is there any way we can bribe you to add more? Like perhaps, unique homeworlds for all of the factions, so that the UED starts on Earth, rather than terran planet #12? Perhaps also add in a way to keep matchs vs the AI from using the same races more than once to keep from screwing with the unique homeworlds (not really unique if there are two eh?).

Please? Pretty Please?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 31, 2014, 9:57:05 AM
As for the error i'd need more info as to when it's happening, as i've never come across it i would guess it's MP specific or cross-platform specific.

As for the vaulters, well... i can't test them myself so... smiley: frown What's their starting planet supposed to be?

As for more content, we'll see, i don't know yet. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 31, 2014, 4:14:39 PM
Vaulters are supposed to be Terran, or at least that's what is listed on their info on the faction select screen.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 31, 2014, 6:05:21 PM
LogicSequence wrote:
As for the error i'd need more info as to when it's happening, as i've never come across it i would guess it's MP specific or cross-platform specific.

Hi, I've not noticed any specific sequence of actions that lead to this error, it seems random to me. When it happens we reload the game from the previous turn and continue playing for some turns until it happens again. Maybe in these days we'll make some tests to collect more info.

smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment