Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Downloaded game on Steam. Crashes on start up.

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 11:06:51 AM
Astamarr wrote:

Ok so, it seems that the Thailand issue is a known (but very obscure) bug from unity. If it's not too much trouble, could you try to switch your Windows language to something else ?

I'm really sorry for the hassle, but i'm "pleased" to tell you that now we can narrow it down and it'll be fixed for the next build :)

@Astamarr Please don't be sorry. It works just fine now after changing the language. I apologize for wasting your time when it could be used to do something more productive.
Thank you so much for your fast and helpful responses!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 11:15:21 AM
Astamarr wrote:

Ok so, it seems that the Thailand issue is a known (but very obscure) bug from unity. If it's not too much trouble, could you try to switch your Windows language to something else ?

I'm really sorry for the hassle, but i'm "pleased" to tell you that now we can narrow it down and it'll be fixed for the next build :)

@Wells , seems like your issue is something else. I'll get a look asap !

Alright. after switch Windows language from Thai to EN the problem solved, I can play the game now. GG

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 11:18:44 AM

@FreezinPenguin

Please don't be sorry mate, that's what beta are there for and fixing an obscure bug is an amazing feeling :D

@Jeis

This one has been fixed this morning: an update on steam should install Microsoft visual c++ redistribuable 2013 automatically.

If for some reason Steam doesn't install it, you can google it and install it from the microsoft website here.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 11:27:30 AM

Hello Astamarr.

The game now launch fine, but i have it to download the c++ 2013 redistribuable (x64) manually and press the Repair button. I don't know why the update failed it.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 11:30:45 AM

when I tried to install Microsoft visual c++ redistribuable 2013 manually I got a message: a newer version of ... is already installed. 

Steam did not update anything. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the closed beta. Still crashes on startup with "LogitechLEDEnginesWrapper.dll" The specific module could not be found - error.

AppID: 1271140

BuilsID: 6854844

Jun 14, 2021 at 1:04 PM

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 11:46:51 AM

@Astamarr I've changed the region and the game launched now! However, I'm now stuck on this screen with nothing to click on. This character animation is moving smoothly but there's nothing for me to click or interact.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:05:13 PM

@Narsid I can't believe how unlucky you are :( Could you please send me your Diagnostics.log file ? (found in documents/humankind/temporary files)

@Senseisko  Something is definitively weird here too... Could you try this (nasty) fix ? Please download this :2013 vcr.zip

Then extract both DLL next to the Humankind.exe in your install folder, and try to launch the game again

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:16:06 PM

Did you installed the x64 bits version of the c++ 2013 redists ? Did you rebooted after ? (Sorry for the noob questions, i'm a bit out of idea right now, i might have to investigate it more)

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:34:42 PM

Could you try to uninstall the x86 ones? I wonder, maybe it's linking on them instead of the x64 ones.

(God, i'm starting to HATE these things)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:39:52 PM
Astamarr wrote:

Could you try to uninstall the x86 ones? I wonder, maybe it's linking on them instead of the x64 ones.

I feel You !!! 

I can only imagine how stressful day at work it must be for You guys today.

I hope good laugh can cure it. :)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:51:26 PM
Astamarr wrote:

sure - but still the same Diagnostics (2021'06'14 @1448'27''533''').html

I'm sorry mate... anyways I have to do other stuff now. I'll be back tomorrow. Let's hope for the best.

Have a good day!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 19, 2021, 12:35:23 AM

I have had the worst luck with Humankind.   For Lucy, Victor and Beta it always crashes on me during the splash screen for game bootup, after I setup the game in Settings and click Start.  For Lucy I got to play 14 crash plagued turns, Victor never booted up for me no matter what I tried and there was no help from developers, and Beta is doing the same.   At least this time there appear to be some help on here.  (I deleted the users folder and installed/repaired the suggested C++ files)

Please help - I'm hoping for a real fix this time...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 20, 2021, 2:48:49 AM

I have pre-purchased the game on steam when the OpenDev Victor was available, and i have not been able to download the betas. they do not show up on steam nor do they show up in my rewards account. I have linked and unlinked my steam account multiple times. is there an easy fix for this so i can play these betas?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 20, 2021, 4:23:08 AM

I guess I will join the legion of people saying the game will start.  I press the start button and it try's to load then gives me the message failed after 30 attempts to connect.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 20, 2021, 4:27:39 AM

Well, I downloaded the c++ 2013 redistribuable (x64) and ran the repair.  It fixed and I was finally able to enter the game after only 7 hours of trouble shooting!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment