Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

Denuvo in Endless Dungeon - Please remove it!

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Jan 21, 2023, 4:36:49 AM

I have been gaming ever since video gaming has been a commercial thing (45 years now).  I can tell you with ease that if you wish your title to be best received AVOID DRMs such as denouvo...it is WIDELY known as the worst in the industry for a reason.  I can point out lots of examples to you...Yet I will just point out one for you on Steam, which was Zero Hour...they totally killed off their playerbase when they implemented it.  Basically I get it, the aszhats at Denouvo must contact every game producer out there and try and sell their trash software.  If it was otherwise and you actually did it without any pressure sales pitch from them, then you are REALLY GREEN in the industry IMO...even games with MASSIVE fanbases nearly choke on such a brutally insane idea as putting such in their title, like Dying Light 2...and almost everyone would still be happier without it.  Yet because they were so large they could take the hit...Zero Hour's PvP playerbase just disintegrated when they put it in...be smart, MAKE BENEFICIAL CHOICES...learn how this industry works....if you want ADVICE you have it here FOR FREE from myself!

0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 21, 2023, 5:07:03 PM

im in love with amplitude studios but they really think that this game dont gonna show up in igg-games or some else piracy website such as piracy in reddit? (i dont support it btw)

i really wanted to buy it but then i saw denuvo, couldn't believe

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 22, 2023, 4:50:50 AM

Yeah I also am not going to buy Endless Dungeon until Denuvo is removed (if it ever is). This Thread has become the 5th most popular thread of all time on this site, and Second most popular thread here if you dont count the inactive thread's. And just now, after Endless Day and the new trailers/announcements for Endless Dungeon, the Steam community hub side of Endless Dungeon has erupted in Anti-Denuvo Threads. The community has spoken. Please Amplitude, remove this DRM, Because at this point there is very little doubt, the number of Potential buyers refusing to purchase the game because of the DRM now outweigh the number of pirates the DRM would stop.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 23, 2023, 2:53:40 AM

The first Open Dev I played in the game ran like shit. It's hard to be sure if it was Denuvo or not since the graphics settings weren't customizable enough then. Denuvo is trash and it's a shame that the money people do the money things and put this crap in the game. Even if it didn't impact performance I don't want it in Endless Dungeon or any other game.

0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 26, 2023, 11:49:05 AM

Juste un mot, que je me permets en français, pour soutenir ce topic.

Votre jeu possède un mode multijoueur obligeant l'achat pour en profiter, d'une part et, tous les jeux Denuvo arrivent un jour sur les sites pirates, ce n'est qu'une question de temps.

Les "joueurs" qui n'achètent pas leurs jeux ont le temps, vu la liste à faire et les ventes sur PC sont souvent du long terme, pas comme sur console, ou le piratage est depuis 2 générations très compliqué voir impossible. Il ne semble donc pas nécessaire d'employer ce genre d'outils.

Les seules personnes qui seront, potentiellement, impactées par votre DRM seront celles ayant payées et vos ventes n'auront, d'après la plupart des retours connus par différents studios ou éditeur, été que peu, voir pas du tout, impactées.

S'il vous plaît reconsidérez cette décision.

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 1, 2023, 1:45:30 PM

I will play this one, but actually perf are bad even on high tier pc, maybe it is denuvo maybe not,
I won't make any ad for this game until denuvo is remove/abandonned

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 2, 2023, 6:33:43 PM

Time for a conclusion

German gaming magazine GameStar published an article about Users who can't play their legally bought Dead Space Remake because of Denuvo:

Kopierschutz sperrt verärgerten Spieler aus

The article is based on this Reddit post:

Denuvo anti-tamper locked me out of the game I've literally bought on Steam

We all know that it wasn't Amplitude that chose to integrate Denuvo, it's SEGA forcing all their studios to do so!

With 1.5 million G2G points for this thread (thank you btw) and many people who have expressed their opinion about Denuvo and said they won't buy the game if it's included, I think it's clear what the community expects from Amplitude:

If you can't defend yourself against using Denuvo because of SEGA, at least REMOVE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

Why should you keep using this software, after a pirated version of the game has become widely available? At this point Denuvo will lose its purpose (protecting the initial sales window), so why should you continue punishing your paying customers with worse performance, all kinds of technical problems and the risk that the game becomes unplayable?

I know it's probably not easy for you to say if and when you will remove Denuvo without getting in trouble with SEGA, but this thread became the biggest riot this forum has ever seen! You renamed Games2Gether and now call us your "Amplifiers".

Our voice is loud and clear.

So please don't ignore us. Please don't be silent.

I would like to end with a personal note:

When I get my paycheck end of this month I will pre-order Endless Dungeon, but I won't play it. I won't even install it because of the crap it comes with. From a financial point of view, well done, you sold me your product.

But as passionate designers and gamers yourself, are you happy to hear something like this? I wouldn't be...

Sincerely, Khaar.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 2, 2023, 10:58:30 PM

*Reads Dead Space post*

Way to go Denuvo!  Working overtime to give pirates a superior experience.  Why would anyone NOT wait to pirate the game in that case?  Seriously, DRM is dumb and everyone knows it so I don't understand why companies keep inflicting it on the customers who care enough to actually pay for a game.  It's just absurd.

Khaar wrote:

When I get my paycheck end of this month I will pre-order Endless Dungeon, but I won't play it. I won't even install it because of the crap it comes with. From a financial point of view, well done, you sold me your product..

I'm going to have to take it a step farther.  I have a really hard and fast rule that I will only ever buy Denuvo'd games at a super-deep discount.  To me, Denuvo'd games are basically a really bad rental, and I'm only willing to pay bad rental prices for them.  On the other hand, I really want to support Amplitude so this Denuvo thing is really causing me a lot of grief.  I hope that Amplitude reverses this decision before release so I can stop hesitating on a potential preorder.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 4, 2023, 7:42:11 AM

Woah. 1.5 million G2G PTS for this thread. Impressive support. *applause*

Yeah, for example during this whole "Hogwarts Legacy" drama/debacle going on right now, you have one side say boycott due to some political reasons. Then the other side say buy, buy, buy, but also for some political reason just to oppose the other side, whether they will actually play the game or not. During all that, all I saw and cared about was that it says it will have "Third Party-DRM: Denuvo Anti-Tampering"

Since I have never been one of those huge fans of Harry Potter, although I did enjoyed the early movies (the latest ones not so much) and have even rewatched them, since I just like the atmosphere in them for some reason, and even if the game looks pretty cool, that is what pushed me over into deciding not to pre-order the game. Not that me buying it or not will affect anything on the larger scale of things (I have no such illusions of my influence, other than being one potential customer). The game seems to be selling just fine without my pre-order, but still, a game having an intrusive DRM like Denuvo can be a deciding factor for me at least. Especially if it's a game where I am like 50/50 if I want to play it ot not. Then something like a DRM can tip the scale for me over to the "NOT to buy" side. Then I'll either wait and see if they remove Denuvo after a while, buy it cheap during a sale, or not at all, not even during a sale. It all depends on what other factors also are involved in my decision making.

Something that seems to have been overlooked, forgotten and lost among all the screaming from the two opposing sides on if to buy that game or not. Something that usually creates an uproar suddenly seems less important to some. Something that actually affects the game, possibly performance and potentially your privacy.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 9, 2023, 6:04:35 PM

As a long standing fan of everything Amplitude Studios does, this is highly disappointing.

I will not be purchasing Endless Dungeon or any other future titles unless they are Denuvo free.

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 10, 2023, 4:35:02 PM

Just adding another voice which may or may not get me banned from posting but I myself will absolutely wait for a pirated version.  I refuse to pay for or support the use of Denuvo in any product, I had some fun with the meta-beta's in a VM environment and waiting 2 days after release to play the game again isnt a big deal. If you want your studio to become just anther Ubisoft or EA style self destruct by all means continue counting beans until people stop giving you beans to count and leave you to wonder what happened to all the loyal fans of your previous products.

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 18, 2023, 2:18:18 PM
Khaar wrote:

I know it's probably not easy for you to say if and when you will remove Denuvo without getting in trouble with SEGA, but this thread became the biggest riot this forum has ever seen! You renamed Games2Gether and now call us your "Amplifiers".

Our voice is loud and clear.

So please don't ignore us. Please don't be silent.

Amplitude is silent...

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 3, 2023, 3:15:56 AM

I have metered internet access. Pay as you go, sort of thing.

Am I correct in thinking...I am actually having to pay (ISP fees) to play your game offline? 

lmao

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 7, 2023, 9:39:47 PM
Sublustris wrote:

Best part, it took Empress less than two weeks to crack that implementation. Denuvo's status as Holy Grail is long over, and at this point it's hard to believe it "protects launch sales" enough to recoup its licensing cost.

0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 7, 2023, 11:30:26 PM
Azure_Fang wrote:

Best part, it took Empress less than two weeks to crack that implementation. Denuvo's status as Holy Grail is long over, and at this point it's hard to believe it "protects launch sales" enough to recoup its licensing cost.

Oh, I'm sure it's not recouping the licensing cost.  Don't forget the development costs either.  It's all just a scam sold by expert grifters at Denuvo/Irdeto.

0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 9, 2023, 7:51:58 AM

1.75 Million G2G Points, This Thread is now one of the top 3 most popular threads on the site , at this point, is there any doubt that Denuvo will Economically hurt Amplitude more than pirates will. I dont know how many pirates Amplitude and/or Sega are expecting, but surely the number of people both here and on the steam discussions saying they wont buy the game should equal if not outnumber the number of pirates expected.

This Debate might as well be over, for a Consensus has been reached, From the amount of anti-Denuvo threads on steam and the amount of upvotes for this thread, the Community has seemingly rejected Denuvo, and will not buy or play Endless Dungeon as long as Denuvo remains in it.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 15, 2023, 11:12:13 PM
shavounet wrote:

I know I'm out-of scope, but I'm playing all my games on Linux (with Proton). The endless series work nicely, but I'm a bit concerned this DRM will lock me out of the game :(

I can confirm that all third-party anti-cheat malware (let's call it what it is) has a terrible record with/on Proton. Similar story with Easy Anti Cheat, another popular program. Humankind was basically bricked on Linux until they removed Denuvo, after which it ran and still runs very well.

0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 28, 2023, 12:55:47 AM

Remove Denuvo or no buy. It's absolutely disgusting that you would betray your loyal fans like this. We do not want this. Remove it now or you will regret it.

0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 28, 2023, 10:57:06 PM
ZaphodB wrote:

Just adding another voice which may or may not get me banned from posting but I myself will absolutely wait for a pirated version.  I refuse to pay for or support the use of Denuvo in any product, I had some fun with the meta-beta's in a VM environment and waiting 2 days after release to play the game again isnt a big deal. If you want your studio to become just anther Ubisoft or EA style self destruct by all means continue counting beans until people stop giving you beans to count and leave you to wonder what happened to all the loyal fans of your previous products.

Yes, exactly. Why should we purchase an inferior version when we can just wait for the safer, cleaner, and better performing pirated version?

It is very upsetting.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message