logo amplifiers simplified

Make UI / font size scalable to improve readability

I would appreciate that
I don't really care
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 1:12:08 PM
Playing the game on 1024x600 [Netbook]. The text size is fine, but the UI is too large. Most menus do not fit into the screen (like "Add a new custom faction" or "Manage Military").
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 1:17:08 PM
elzix wrote:
Playing the game on 1024x600 [Netbook]. The text size is fine, but the UI is too large. Most menus do not fit into the screen (like "Add a new custom faction" or "Manage Military").

Well that's a new one because most people on this thread has the opposite problem (UI being to small). smiley: biggrin A scaleble UI (either automatic or by, say, 3 size settings) would solve both of those problems. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 2:41:17 PM
chromodynamics wrote:
Its perfectly fine at 1920x1200 imo, but I see from the other thread a lot of people disagree.
The interface doesnt even use 30% of the available space on high resolutions. It's a pain only having 4 rows in the build order and 2 rows for ships and improvements while you have enough space on your screen for 4 times more. It's really annoying trying to re-organize your build gueue when you can't even scroll while holding something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 2:48:25 PM
At first I thought that this thread will be filled with "You got a big screen, it's your problem and I don't care" posts and negative votes, but I am amazed that so many people experience and understand this problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 3:14:39 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
At first I thought that this thread will be filled with "You got a big screen, it's your problem and I don't care" posts and negative votes, but I am amazed that so many people experience and understand this problem.

Me to, but now I beginning to think that we all can make a difference! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 3:16:24 PM
PrEZeX wrote:

As if I haven't said that before... smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 3:17:20 PM
RonaldUS wrote:
Me to, but now I beginning to think that we all can make a difference! smiley: biggrin

We can and we will! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 3:19:15 PM
Dropfish wrote:
As if I haven't said that before... smiley: wink

Yes Dropfish... You were right... smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 4:15:17 PM
PrEZeX wrote:
I know what you mean, but it isn't that easy. Due to interpolation, when you scale down from your screens native resolution the image becomes blurry and this together with already small UI makes the game very hard to play. HERE is a short wikipedia article explaining this far better then I can. smiley: smile

Ahh, i see. Well then i guess the Dev`s got a little more work on their hands :P Don't know how much work it would take to implement this but hopefully it can be includet in the next add-on in oktober or something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 4:23:20 PM
Thoto79 wrote:
Ahh, i see. Well then i guess the Dev`s got a little more work on their hands :P Don't know how much work it would take to implement this but hopefully it can be includet in the next add-on in oktober or something.

Yes, I really hope they do. smiley: smile Thank you so much for your vote!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:35:48 PM
Wr12Teg wrote:
We can and we will! smiley: biggrin

Change - Yes we can smiley: biggrin (i really hope someone gets the double meaning of this pun!!)

I'm optimistic there will be a solution for this problem with big screens, somewhere in the (near?) future smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:39:36 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Change - Yes we can smiley: biggrin (i really hope someone gets the double meaning of this pun!!)

I'm optimistic there will be a solution for this problem with big screens, somewhere in the (near?) future smiley: biggrin

Oh yes, I really want to play this game. Currently I play for 20-30 min and then must rest my ayes for some time. It's a fantastic game, but with this problem not fixed I will be forced to quit playing and supporting ES. smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 6:42:52 PM
Tredecim wrote:

Hahaha, nice one. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 8:09:42 PM
It's going nicely but we need more votes to show that this is indeed an issue and that some even can't play this game because of it. Come on all viewers, show your support! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 8:18:59 PM
Just saw that jetkar added the "linked galaxy" suggestion after only one day to his list, although it had less votes, less views, less posts and a much lower approval rate than ours. So if this galaxy is fair, we should be fine. smiley: roll
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 8:24:30 PM
RonaldUS wrote:
It's going nicely but we need more votes to show that this is indeed an issue and that some even can't play this game because of it. Come on all viewers, show your support! smiley: smile

Wow, nice initiative RonaldUS, like it a lot! smiley: biggrin

Dropfish wrote:
Just saw that jetkar added the "linked galaxy" suggestion after only one day to his list, although it had less votes, less views, less posts and a much lower approval rate than ours. So if this galaxy is fair, we should be fine. smiley: roll

It's true, but I think that devs are also looking at the popularity of given suggestion to determinate what to prioritize, so if we get many positive votes it should create a stronger argument. smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 8:29:16 PM
Good point Prez. Are you aware that we have already collected 610 views in just 24h? Not even counting the original thread! Holy shit!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 26, 2012, 8:33:17 PM
@Dropfish: Yes, I saw it and it's crazy! smiley: biggrin If only all those viewers could vote for it though... smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment