Make UI / font size scalable to improve readability

I would appreciate that
I don't really care
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 11:10:44 AM
Wr12Teg wrote:
I can just say that the GUI in FTL is far better (bigger) then in ES.

You didn't answer his question. The GUI doesn't work well on large monitors because of two things.

1. The game itself only runs at about... 1280x1024 (or something similar - in other words it only uses about half of a full HD resolution)

2. The game is purposely designed with a 8bit pixelated theme and user interface in mind. This will hurt your eyes in the long run.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 12:29:09 PM
Mansen wrote:
You didn't answer his question. The GUI doesn't work well on large monitors because of two things.

1. The game itself only runs at about... 1280x1024 (or something similar - in other words it only uses about half of a full HD resolution)

2. The game is purposely designed with a 8bit pixelated theme and user interface in mind. This will hurt your eyes in the long run.

The UI in FTL works just fine (for me) in high resolution... I have no problems playing it and it is sadly far better then ES. Do you have different experience with it? Which resolution are you playing at?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 28, 2012, 2:40:06 PM
I saw a thread in the "off topic" section about a indie game called Prison Architect and I have now pre-ordered it. Because this is a thread where people with high resolution displays dwell and because we are on indie games topic I just wanted to inform you all that Prison Architect is working very well on high resolution displays and I have no problems with the UI or the text size. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 12:53:30 AM
PrEZeX wrote:
I saw a thread in the "off topic" section about a indie game called Prison Architect and I have now pre-ordered it. Because this is a thread where people with high resolution displays dwell and because we are on indie games topic I just wanted to inform you all that Prison Architect is working very well on high resolution displays and I have no problems with the UI or the text size. smiley: smile

Thanx, I will check it out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 10:19:42 AM
PrEZeX wrote:

Is it any good? Can you recommend it?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 11:02:53 AM
Wr12Teg wrote:

Don't want to recommend it here, just wanted to inform about high-res displays compatibility. Check out the "off topic" thread about Prison Architect. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 11:05:06 AM
PrEZeX wrote:
Don't want to recommend it here, just wanted to inform about high-res displays compatibility. Check out the "off topic" thread about Prison Architect. smiley: wink

Fair enough smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 2:13:13 PM
Wr12Teg wrote:

It's still in alpha so there are a lot of bugs, but the concept is appealing and after 2h play I can really recommend it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 2:56:51 PM
RonaldUS wrote:
It's still in alpha so there are a lot of bugs, but the concept is appealing and after 2h play I can really recommend it.

Thank you, I think I will pre-order it today! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 29, 2012, 5:26:42 PM
Wr12Teg wrote:
Thank you, I think I will pre-order it today! smiley: biggrin

Well, I can say that I will be playing PA and FTL and wait for the response about bigger UI in ES because the game is frankly not worth the headaches (but I'm still supporting it and hoping to be able to play it comfortably some day). I also hope that this poll and thread will make a change. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 30, 2012, 12:55:01 AM
PrEZeX wrote:
Well, I can say that I will be playing PA and FTL and wait for the response about bigger UI in ES because the game is frankly not worth the headaches (but I'm still supporting it and hoping to be able to play it comfortably some day). I also hope that this poll and thread will make a change. smiley: smile

I'm also waiting for a "green light" and meanwhile I'll be hunting rebels in SWTOR. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 30, 2012, 10:06:25 AM
I'll be still trying to play ES while waiting but then again I have a lower resolution then you guys.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 30, 2012, 5:23:18 PM
rafael_zaw wrote:
I'm also waiting for a "green light" and meanwhile I'll be hunting rebels in SWTOR. smiley: stickouttongue

I was playing STWOR but I had problems with stuttering so I unsubscribed. Do you know if this issue is fixed now?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 1, 2012, 6:42:20 AM
PrEZeX wrote:
I was playing STWOR but I had problems with stuttering so I unsubscribed. Do you know if this issue is fixed now?

I never had those problems, but I see that some people still report them on the forums. SWTOR has now a free-to-play up to lvl 15 thing, so you can check it out without paying. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 1, 2012, 1:11:46 PM
rafael_zaw wrote:
I never had those problems, but I see that some people still report them on the forums. SWTOR has now a free-to-play up to lvl 15 thing, so you can check it out without paying. smiley: smile

Ok, thank you, I'll take a look! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 10:06:40 AM
PrEZeX wrote:

Try LOTRO instead! 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 10:36:11 AM
Steph'nie wrote:
The discussion went pretty off topic... Keep in mind the subject of this thread, please. smiley: smile

That's true. It's easy to go off topic here thoughsmiley: smile

I'm wondering if we can get an official answer if this suggestion is even possible to implement?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 10:44:08 AM
PrEZeX wrote:
I'm wondering if we can get an official answer if this suggestion is even possible to implement?

Yes, It's strange that no one from Amplitude had commented on this. Maybe it's pointless to even try to suggest this?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 2, 2012, 11:02:13 AM
Wr12Teg wrote:
Yes, It's strange that no one from Amplitude had commented on this. Maybe it's pointless to even try to suggest this?

Perhaps they just have really really good eyes over at Amplitude and thus cannot understand what we're on about...? haha smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment